Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

paranoral and ghosts

Jerek

It makes sense to me too!

Most mediums talk of a spiritual progression thru levels of higher and finer vibration. I believe these are other dimensions intersecting with the three we currently use, and can be found in the elusive 'dark matter'.

I can't prove it of course, but we each have our theories.

Thats not even a theory.... its pure fantasy.

Do you have any constructive criticism, a contradictory theory, or are you just engaging in some recreational trolling?

• Like 3

.....What I would like to know is why I could only see my cat out of the corner of my eye. If I looked directly at her she would disappear completely.....

I have heard this mentioned before, but not on these forums. Some people say it is some kind of physiological or mental block.

Does anyone know more about this filtering effect?

Do you have any constructive criticism, a contradictory theory, or are you just engaging in some recreational trolling?

Oh I have criticism all right. All this is way to silly for me. Im amazed that grown men and women (2013) believe in this nonsense.

Go back and read Hazzards post #17... thats how I see it aswell.

Edited by DBunker

Sometimes I think that we are living in a new rendition of the Dark Ages, in that back in the day anything that the church didn't approve of or didn't understand was dismissed as nonsense or fantasy or worse. Now in the New Dark Ages it seems to be science{ or the invocation of such} that has taken up torch to lead us away from what we all know is true. Don't get me wrong, I'm a lot more skeptical of many things than I let on, it's just not everything can be dismissed away.

I believe that paranormal would be considered anything that can not be proven either by natural means, or proven by fact or science. I was a skeptic about it all too at one time. Although, I have had experiences that would say otherwise. Some call it the mind playing tricks. Some call it a way your imagination takes in information and plays it out to understand what you have encountered to better understand it. All I think on all this, is that some things can not be completely explained in science, for no one knows the exact of everything. There are still things out there science needs to prove. There are also your skeptics that believe in what they see, or even what exidence there is that supports it, that hasn't been tainted or tampered with. Not everything should be easily dismissed, especially if we don't know enough about it. for some, it's not relevant. not everyone will be on the same opinion, the same page sort of speak. Regardless, we learn new ideals in science every day, and the things not done by natural ways, or that can be debunked, or that has a way to completely disprove it, there is that grey line where some things just can't be explained. Not saying its ghosts, or hauntings persay, but can be anything that isn't able to be debunked or explained in fact. Religion itself, can be thought of in this fashion....

I am not fully explaining reasons for paranormal, and I am not saying i take paranormal roads first. I always look to see where it all fits. And what doesn't.

If we're into far out ideas, I like the theory I read in an article on UM that not only are we in a simulation, but that Ghost are an earlier 'save point' of us but due to a glitch in the program that version of the simulation keeps running unaware that the person has actually died!

Ya never know....

I had a thought everyone who experiences a ghost and or the paranormal always says its from beyond the grave. WHY? Who's to say its not another unknown life form, or some kind of technology not known to the general public? I was curious on what others think about this.

There is no doubt in my mind that the "paranormal" is nothing but belief and fantasy. The stuff that we cant explain, yet, because of lack of information. Mundane stuff.

Nothing to do with ghosts, aliens, demons, etc...

Edited by DBunker

Sometimes I think that we are living in a new rendition of the Dark Ages, in that back in the day anything that the church didn't approve of or didn't understand was dismissed as nonsense or fantasy or worse. Now in the New Dark Ages it seems to be science{ or the invocation of such} that has taken up torch to lead us away from what we all know is true. Don't get me wrong, I'm a lot more skeptical of many things than I let on, it's just not everything can be dismissed away.

That's actually a good point and explains why scientific and technological progress has been so slow in the past 100 years or so and why technology and science has progressed so slowly over the past 100 years..

No, wait... it doesn't.... what the **** are you talking about?

That's actually a good point and explains why scientific and technological progress has been so slow in the past 100 years or so and why technology and science has progressed so slowly over the past 100 years..

No, wait... it doesn't.... what the **** are you talking about?

I never said that science has not made progress. What I stated in a convoluted sort of way was that science continues to dismiss as nonexistent that which it cannot explain, when it concerns the paranormal. Edited by Royal