Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange wake up today

Orcseeker

Ok so when I woke up I was in bed on my stomach. But the reason why is that I felt tapping on my back. Almost if my cat jumped on my bed, walked over my back a bit and lied down next to me. I woke up and looked to find absolutely nothing there. My cat wasn't in my room or that part of the house and if he did this he probably would have been hanging around my bed for the greater part of the rest of the day.

Any logical explanation as to how I received these sensations?

Another cat of mine died a few years before, I was thinking about him that very night and how he used to sleep up on my bed sometimes.

Muscle spasm?

I considered that but from muscle spasms I've had it certainly didn't replicate at all. It actually felt like pressure was being applied in certain parts, knowing back muscles they don't tend to isolate themselves in small areas.

Yea muscle spasms hurt. Your dead cat was trying to get back to its previous existence. I dunno.

Yea muscle spasms hurt. Your dead cat was trying to get back to its previous existence. I dunno.

Before jumping to the paranormal suggestion. I thought we could further delve into the fact I was thinking about yet cat the night before and how he used to jump on my bed. Perhaps this triggered a sensation in a somewhat dream like state due to my thoughts the night before.

The time it occurred would usually be the time one of my cats would come into my bedroom as well.

Note: (I would normally have awoken 4 hours after the incident happened so I awoke abruptly before I should have)

• Like 1

Sounds like a dream to me. I've certainly had dreams about physical sensations that, when I awoke, I swore were real. I recall one time in high school when I had braces that I dreamed all of the brackets came off my teeth (which I hated to happen) and I woke up totally freaked out and feeling around in my mouth to make sure they were still there.

• Like 1

when a demon moves around your bed they give it aquick little shake x :yes:

• Like 1

Before jumping to the paranormal suggestion.

We should always assume a mundane explanation or leave the matter unresolved. Besides, I don't like the idea of some poor bewildered cat stuck in a non-corporeal existence -- it was that idea that made the idea of an afterlife so scary to some of the ancients.

One of the things I like about this board is that we can have fun speculating, but I guess I have to be much more specific when I am speculating. My point of view tends to be that this sort of phenomenon is possible, if not likely, but that the nature of the thing is that we can never pin it down and that more mundane causes are always more likely. Therefore we have to end saying something like what I said -- "I dunno."

• Like 1

when a demon moves around your bed they give it aquick little shake x :yes:

Well then I guess I'm not demon-ridden. The only time my bed ever shook me awake it was not "little" and was of course an earthquake. That was worse than any ol' demon.
  • Like 2

While I'm talking about dreams and other somnolent phenomena (how's that for practicing your English vocabulary), let me tell about something that happens to me sometimes and see if anyone else experiences the same.

I feel I'm being watched as I sleep -- lovingly watched. It doesn't happen often, but once a year or so I will suddenly wake up and for a split second see a passed relative looking at me. I think they take turns -- now isn't that nice. Last time it was my maternal grandmother, and she looked wonderful, smiling and salt-and-pepper hair just as I remember her.

• Like 1

Sounds like a dream to me. I've certainly had dreams about physical sensations that, when I awoke, I swore were real. I recall one time in high school when I had braces that I dreamed all of the brackets came off my teeth (which I hated to happen) and I woke up totally freaked out and feeling around in my mouth to make sure they were still there.

Did it make a physical impact on you? Like did it actually feel like you were physically affected in a way similar to what I experienced? Because this was responsible for waking me up. Like that sort of half asleep, half awake phase. Where I have often been awoken in such a manner by my cat/s.

While I'm talking about dreams and other somnolent phenomena (how's that for practicing your English vocabulary), let me tell about something that happens to me sometimes and see if anyone else experiences the same.

I feel I'm being watched as I sleep -- lovingly watched. It doesn't happen often, but once a year or so I will suddenly wake up and for a split second see a passed relative looking at me. I think they take turns -- now isn't that nice. Last time it was my maternal grandmother, and she looked wonderful, smiling and salt-and-pepper hair just as I remember her.

I haven't experienced anything like that and I sleep in the bed my grandmother died in.. But I can say for sure she was the best grandmother I could ever ask for.

• Like 1