Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Floating

jjphere

This is a dream that my mother had when she was young that was always a mystery to her.

She is diseased and can not post it, but she told it to me in great detail before she passed away.

Any ideas on what it meant?

She was about 17 and was sleeping alone in her parents house. All of a sudden a small man, perhaps an

elf opened a door and entered the room. He circled her bed three times touching the fringes of her blanket,

Then he left by the same door. Next she felt herself rise up in the air over the bed, and she could see her

body still sleeping in ther bed. After a short time she fell back down to her body and later she woke up.

Was this all a dream or perhaps reality?

Edited by jjphere

I am sorry...Anyway that was most probably a spontaneous out of body expirience..Also we can't say it doesn't have anything to do with her ability to remember a night, that had took place far away in the past, unless she took dream journaling seriously at that time.I guess that explains why it wasn't just a regular dream.

I'm helpless in giving an idea about what the event is supposed to mean though.It is..um..strange.But i can say it was not just a dream.Because most things most of us expirience at night ,that involves leaving body and even seeing ourselves where we slept,is not seen as a dream but OBE by most people,from the way i've learned it.Like you said, it was reality perhapes.

Edited by 34th prototype
  • Like 1

She had a classic sleep paralysis encounter followed by an OBE. Everything from the door to the touching of the blanket, to the Elfin character is actually ....not common but common enough.

An elf did that?? I have two elfs living with me but I've only seen one of them twice and I was wide awake. Can they make you have an obe? Cause I have had 3 of them before but I didn't the eny of the elfs around

An elf did that?? I have two elfs living with me but I've only seen one of them twice and I was wide awake. Can they make you have an obe? Cause I have had 3 of them before but I didn't the eny of the elfs around

31484197.jpg

• Like 1

Was this all a dream or perhaps reality?

Most people will class it as an OBE simply because she saw her own body.

But what I wonder is how do they know for sure she didnt dream of seeing her body. ?

And there wasnt much written to suggest she was actually paralyzed. Unless dreaming of anything coming near your bed counts as sleep paralysis?

*I should add that I would call it an OBE too. But I wouldnt say for sure that OBE is separate from a dream. For now I think of OBE as a label for a certain style of dream.

Edited by Kazahel

Did she say she felt any unusually sensations before she lifted out of her body? Not counting the Elf.

Edited by stevemagegod

31484197.jpg

hahahahaha!!! Your pic made me laugh so hard!!! Why can you sit next to me in my computer class? Lol I know it sounds so crazy and you probably think I'm a schizo, but I'm a very rational person, I don't smoke or do drugs. One night I awoke cuz I felt my sheets slipping off and I got up to pull them back but I froze cuz I saw a black figure standing at the edge of my bed by my feet. It was a little man with a top hat and I rubbed my eyes to check if I wasn't dreaming, I wasn't. I got closer to it and moved my head from side to side to check if it was just a shadow but I saw it had a large nose and a white mustache and a fancy suit. Then I realized it was real and I got kinda scared so what do I do? I slowly pull the sheets over my head and pretend i never saw it. In the morning I told my mom I saw a little man in my room, I expected her to laugh and ask if I was on eny thing but she stared in shock.she said a friend of hers told her she had 2 elf spirits living in our house, one in my room and the other in her room, she claimed she could see them.so my mom called her to tell her what I saw and she said it was the one who was attached to me, he showed himself to me because he knew I wouldn't scream and he wanted me to tell my mom about him so my mom could believe her friend. I didnt know eny thing about this and since I saw him without knowing she believed. The second time I saw him was when I had a sleep paralysis episode. It was morning and I wasn't in the mood to do an obe so I clenched my hands to snap out of it and when I opened my eyes I saw the elf sitting by my brother, he was swinging his feet.it startled me even tho I know he ain't bad, the woman told us he was mischievous but not evil, some actually are. Enyway I got curious if I could touch them so once when I was sitting in the sofa watching tv I asked out loud if he could touch my cheek. Sure enough I felt fingers caress my cheek I was in awe cuz I was a stubborn skeptic back then. Well I hope this cleared the troll poundering :) I don't care if you don't believe me, but I don't want people to think I'm a troll lol
  • Like 1

hahahahaha!!! Your pic made me laugh so hard!!! Why can you sit next to me in my computer class? Lol I know it sounds so crazy and you probably think I'm a schizo, but I'm a very rational person, I don't smoke or do drugs. One night I awoke cuz I felt my sheets slipping off and I got up to pull them back but I froze cuz I saw a black figure standing at the edge of my bed by my feet. It was a little man with a top hat and I rubbed my eyes to check if I wasn't dreaming, I wasn't. I got closer to it and moved my head from side to side to check if it was just a shadow but I saw it had a large nose and a white mustache and a fancy suit. Then I realized it was real and I got kinda scared so what do I do? I slowly pull the sheets over my head and pretend i never saw it. In the morning I told my mom I saw a little man in my room, I expected her to laugh and ask if I was on eny thing but she stared in shock.she said a friend of hers told her she had 2 elf spirits living in our house, one in my room and the other in her room, she claimed she could see them.so my mom called her to tell her what I saw and she said it was the one who was attached to me, he showed himself to me because he knew I wouldn't scream and he wanted me to tell my mom about him so my mom could believe her friend. I didnt know eny thing about this and since I saw him without knowing she believed. The second time I saw him was when I had a sleep paralysis episode. It was morning and I wasn't in the mood to do an obe so I clenched my hands to snap out of it and when I opened my eyes I saw the elf sitting by my brother, he was swinging his feet.it startled me even tho I know he ain't bad, the woman told us he was mischievous but not evil, some actually are. Enyway I got curious if I could touch them so once when I was sitting in the sofa watching tv I asked out loud if he could touch my cheek. Sure enough I felt fingers caress my cheek I was in awe cuz I was a stubborn skeptic back then. Well I hope this cleared the troll poundering :) I don't care if you don't believe me, but I don't want people to think I'm a troll lol

Ah okay in your first post on this thread i honestly wasn't sure if you were trolling or not.

Ah okay in your first post on this thread i honestly wasn't sure if you were trolling or not.

nope I don't troll