Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My experiences

Welch

Hi guys, I wanted to describe a couple of unusual expieriences I've had throughout the past years. I'm not saying that all of them are paranormal, still some of them just might be. I'll try to put them in the chronological order. I'd love to hear (or read actually) your opinion on these occurences.

1) This one takes place about 4 years ago or so. It was back when I was living with my parents at their place. This story may be connected to the shadow people and the hatman, yet I'd like to say that at that time I never heard of them, it was some time after these occurences that I learned about these entities. For a timespan of a couple months I have been seeing shadows moving through the hallway, going from the direction of my parents' room towards the kitchen. At first I blamed it on being tired as it was obviously taking place during the night. Everyone was sleeping except me. Then as it was happening over and over again I started to believe that it might really be something of unearthly nature. At the beginning I felt uneasy each time I've seen these, but with time I grew more comfortable with them and eventually it became something natural to me. Some time later, I was home alone, and I went to my parents' room to close the balcony door, and in one of the chairs (the one I always sit on) I saw a dark figure, just sitting there, it was wearing a hat. I was so shocked that I just stared at it, and when I finally turned on the lights nothing was there. It never happened again.

2) Next occurences took place last year, I was living alone in a rented flat and that night I visited my friend. At one point she told me she's been hearing loud footsteps in her bedroom, mostly when she was in the bathroom. At that time no one was living in the flant next to hers or above it. When I returned home, I was planning to go to sleep, so I turned on the nightlamp on my bedside table and went to the kitchen to feed my cat. Then I heard the nightlamp break. So once again I've gone to the bedroom and as I supposed the nightlamp was broken. The weird thing was, it didn't 'exlode' or anything, it shattered on the floor. There was no way it could have fallen on its own as it stood right in the middle of the table, the cat couldn't break it either as she was with me in the kitchen. It was really weird and I felt uneasy, still I cleaned up and went to sleep.

Next in the series was that during one day I heard something fall in the kitchen. I went to check it, and everything seemed in its place. But then I noticed that a small glass bowl that was standing on the microwave was now standing on the toaster. I thought that maybe it was the cat who somehow pushed it there but she was in the bedroom...

Another thing was that one night, as I was still studying around midnight, I heard knocking on my front door. I was schocked, I wouldn't expect anyone to come by at that time, so I thought that maybe I have just imagined it. Few minutes later I heard the knocking again. I knew that it could have only been my neighbors with whom I shared a separate corridor from the rest of the building. I didn't answer the door, I just stood there listening. I heard nothing, no one was moving on the other side and I didn't hear any other door opening or closing...

Another 'spooky' thing happened when I returned from the university and decided to take a nap. I was awoken by a sound of loud thumping on the kitchen table or counters. As soon as I sat up it stopped. The cat was sleeping next to me so once again it couldn't have been her making the noises... After this it all stopped.

3) The next story is not so scary and perhaps can be easily explained. I moved to another flat a few months ago. For a long time nothing out of ordinary happened. Then one time, throught the glass in the bathroom door I could see something moving across the hallway. I didn't pay much attention to it and thought that it's just my eyes fault. 2 or so days ago the same thing happened. Again I've seen something like a shadow moving across the hallway in the same direction as before.

These are not the only occurences that happened to me, but these are the only ones that happened in the places I was living at the time. So what do you think?

I have been seeing shadows moving through the hallway

Most likely, you were seeing dead people

Psalms 23 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff comfort me.

• Like 1

Most likely, you were seeing dead people

Well, okay, let's say those were the dead. But why would they pass through my apartment? And what if the 'shadows' I've been seeing lately, are also the dead?

The dead is all around us in the invisible spirit world. When we begin seeing them while awake it is usually because of sin. Either ourselves or someone nearby is energizing the ghost by sinning. If they come into our lives and begin persecuting us like the devils they are, it's a call to grace. To stop sinning and become an adopted child of God. With sin being removed, so will the ghost or any persecution go away.

Yeah, sorry but I don't believe them to be malevolent, and I don't really see a connection between sinning and seeing ghosts or the dead. Besides sin is something different to everyone, and I don't really believe in the way that christianity puts it.

Edited by Welch

Good luck! I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

PS; the ghost is often times related to sin - usually drugs!...for what it's worth...again good luck! :yes:

Edited by notforgotten

The dead is all around us in the invisible spirit world. When we begin seeing them while awake it is usually because of sin. Either ourselves or someone nearby is energizing the ghost by sinning. If they come into our lives and begin persecuting us like the devils they are, it's a call to grace. To stop sinning and become an adopted child of God. With sin being removed, so will the ghost or any persecution go away.

When you say 'sinning' what exactly do you mean? How in the world would someone near by cause the ghosts to appear by sinning?? I do not think they are ghosts. I believe that some places pick up on the past and replay it like a tape recorder. And if they are 'ghosts' they are then just energy of people who died and in another dimension. I do not want to go off topic making this a religious argument. There are other explanations than 'sinning'.

Well, I also think there's other explanation, anyways,

I believe that some places pick up on the past and replay it like a tape recorder.

if so, I must be really 'lucky' that I lived in 3 places like this. But is there a possibility that I am the thing that attracts these spirits or whatever these are?

Well, I also think there's other explanation, anyways,

if so, I must be really 'lucky' that I lived in 3 places like this. But is there a possibility that I am the thing that attracts these spirits or whatever these are?

You just might be more sensitive. I have had the same things happen to me and continued despite moving to other places so I figured it must be me as some other family members did not experience anything. But some did.

Yeah, well maybe that is the case, in my family very few people had similar experiences. Or they don't speak about it. Actually, from what I know, only my grandmother did, she claims she'd once seen someone while tending for her neighbors garden and as she followed this man, there was noone there. She claims it was the ghost of her late father. However, I can't recall if she told me she just felt it was him or if she'd seen that it was.

But, if the case is that I am more sensitive to such things, do you thing there is a way to kind of develop it?

• 1 month later...

well people with strong aura not necessarily people who believe in these things often give off a sort light in the darkness. making them prone to be visited by anyting with the sense to see it. including spirits and other unearthly beings. and from what i read above you may actually attract umbras somehow. im not saying thats what they are but it sounds enough like it that ill give you an explanation. there are the common shadow people that are talked about and then there are umbras. ill explain the difference. imagine the darkness that exists in space. it is not a sadow caused by the sheilding of some great light. it is darkness made of shadow and light potential. this has its own energy just like any other force of nature. umbras are spirits that originate from this darkness. they are made up of energy that comes from the existance of potential. now shadow people are another story. imagine the darkness again but make a sun and a planet side by side. the light made from the sun cast over the other planet creates a copy of concentrated darkness of the planet creating an entirely different dimension. shadow people are made from the shadows of that concentrated energy that follows the movement of physical matter. and this being an energy as well is capable of producing spirits. these sadow people are born of ourselves and have a twisted perception due to their origin it can be described much like a nightmare that had absolutely zero or little sense behind it. because they were born of us at relitivly after our existance they are learning about the world around them as well but living in a world that ignores them can cause some hostility making evil of them. in order to tell the difference between a shadow and umbra is quite easy. all it takes is some empathy or what one would call "a gut feeling". if the spirit seems more curious than anything and seems to have a natural "well im here and your here" feel about him its most likely an umbra. they are curious about the existance of some things and will take different forms just to pike curiousity. if the spirit is a shadow it will give off an uneasy aura. it can feel hostile and just twisted enough that we would perceive it as evil. though the ones that arent still give off that twisted perception feel. they will interact with people more trying to understand why they are what they are. they will be more likely to expiriment around with attempting to move things or get your attention. where as the umbra isn't quite as interested umbras are from nature and feel natural. shadows are a perceptually twisted version of the human being. hope this helps

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

pherithos, thank you for your post and sorry for replying so late, I had some stuff going on and was absent from UM for a while. Your post has clarified some things, although I must admit this is the first time I hear of 'umbras'. Their description, however, seems to be the most on the point, well except the second case I described in the original post, Still, would you mind giving me more info or details on umbras? I have to say I'm quite interested in learning more about them, even though I had not had any eperiences in quite some time.

Since you seem to have an affinity for witnessing such events, I would highly suggest keeping a camera/cell phone handy and charged. If you witness something again, try to capture the image. If no image is displayed, that means whatever you are encountering is reaching out to you via your mind and is not actually manifesting in the "real world" so to speak.

Just some thoughts. Interesting stories.

Well, I keep my phone with me at all times, still if something happens it just last a moment, and I probably wouldn't be able to even record it this fast, anyways if something starts happening again I'll give it a try.