Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Japan,US losing patience with Chinese

and-then

It's not about calling in our debt, it's cutting off our trade that will absolutely cripple us. Their economy will soar ahead of ours instantly in the event of a war, even one based largely on rhetoric and politics. Our government spends mountains of money when we're not at war; they'll have no problem sacrificing the dollar during one. The economic damage China can do to us is astronomically greater than some aircraft carrier or any other military attack even conceivable, short of global thermonuclear war.

I should qualify a statement above a little bit more, since we're technically at war now with these foreign military adventures we're waging. But nobody says that we have to keep printing and borrowing because we're still in Afghanistan. It's for a million other reasons. The GDP only grew 3%. The unemployment rate is above 8%. Granny won't get her social security check. The sky is blue. There's an excuse for every sucker to latch onto somewhere.

I am busy right now and can't give a proper responds like I would like to, but how would China's economy grow. A war with the US would completely destroy their economy. Besides from losing by far their biggest customer they would have to handle destroyed infrastructure so no more producing till that is fixed, captured or destroyed ports and airfields so even if they could produce they wouldn't be able to ship anything and add on to all of that a starving population in the billions and you claim their economy would grow. That just might top China beating us in a war because we owe them money.

3. Cut its army to a size that is non-threatening.

Hell, everyone should do that. Including America.

If your army is bigger then Australia's, it's too big.

Because they moved people in. So if we invaded a smaller country and filled it full of Americans we should then be the legal owners of that territory? Ridiculous.

And how do you suppose America was founded...oh, thats right, by conquering smaller nations and filling it with Americans :whistle:

And how do you suppose America was founded...oh, thats right, by conquering smaller nations and filling it with Americans :whistle:

It was never war, it was sickness and expansion from colonies. There was never any defined borders created by Native Americans, my people in other words. The land was up for grabs unlike today where there is established and define borders. They were not Americans by the way, it was Europeans to be exact, England to be precise. The founding fathers rebelled against English Monarch to create what we see today.

Hell, everyone should do that. Including America.

If your army is bigger then Australia's, it's too big.

That thinking is basically saying, we can't compete so you must limit your army so we can too.

Edited by Uncle Sam

that was sarcasm actually.

Mind you, your awesome and inspiring army routinely gets trounced in wargames by us hicks in Oz :P

Because they moved people in. So if we invaded a smaller country and filled it full of Americans we should then be the legal owners of that territory? Ridiculous.

We've already done that more than once.

• Like 1

It amazes me the illogic of someone saying that because a wrong thing was done in the past justifies doing it again.

• Like 1

It amazes me the illogic of someone saying that because a wrong thing was done in the past justifies doing it again.

We've already done that more than once

It's animal nature to expand one's territory at the expense of neighbouring territory. It's no different then one pack of wolves driving off another pack of wolves. So you can demonize them all you want, but china is no more "right" or "wrong" in their actions towards tibet then you are right or wrong in your opinion. :yes:

Edited by Bavarian Raven

Why? Tibet is more "chinese" then it is tibeten right now. It would be like Poland giving the land back to Germany. Kind of mute at this point.

It is illegal under international law to allow the transfer of civilians into an occupied territory. The Chinese in Tibet have no right to be there, literally.

You are actually the first person I have come across who supports the Chinese stance in this matter. I'm quite shocked to be honest.

It's animal nature to expand one's territory at the expense of neighbouring territory. It's no different then one pack of wolves driving off another pack of wolves. So you can demonize them all you want, but china is no more "right" or "wrong" in their actions towards tibet then you are right or wrong in your opinion. :yes:

Wow, this post is a descent into Medieval Times.

The same could be said for theft, murder, assault and rape, and all this is justifiable only by applying the same faulty logic that you have applied. It's no wonder you support the Chinese, because it is clear that you have no moral compass at all.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

I don't agree with China occupying Tibet, but the reality is might makes right in this world. China is about as willing to give up Tibet as the U.S. was ready to give up Hawaii during it's decades of occupation. The only reason it even voted to become a state was because the options were that, or continue to be an occupied territory with less rights.

It's messed up, but that's how governments work, take anything they can get away with.

t is illegal under international law to allow the transfer of civilians into an occupied territory. The Chinese in Tibet have no right to be there, literally.

You are actually the first person I have come across who supports the Chinese stance in this matter. I'm quite shocked to be honest.

Not supporting it, just accepting that this is how the world works. But as the above poster said...

but the reality is might makes right in this world.

We don't see the Americans giving land back to the Americans, Or the Russians giving land back to the minorities in their territories...etc. etc.

Wow, this post is a descent into Medieval Times.

The same could be said for theft, murder, assault and rape, and all this is justifiable only by applying the same faulty logic that you have applied. It's no wonder you support the Chinese, because it is clear that you have no moral compass at all.

You're free to believe that if you will, but you are completely and utterly wrong on all accounts in your post. I never said it was right, I said it's how the world works and will continue to work because we as humans are animals. Big difference there ;) Cheers.