Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged]Mystery over animal's body found on beach

Still Waters

Mystery surrounds the identity of an animal's carcass found on a beach in Tenby, Pembrokeshire.

The unidentified hairless body was found on South Beach last Friday.

It was photographed by Peter Bailey who saw the "disgusting-looking thing" while out walking his dog.

Pembrokeshire council was alerted to reports of a Jack Russell dog washed up on the beach, but said staff found nothing. However, Mr Bailey said it was "too big" to be a Jack Russell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-21590887

• Like 1

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jacques Terreur

• Orcseeker

• Still Waters

• Commander CMG

This photograph of a mysterious creature washed up on the Pembrokeshire coast has sparked a flurry of speculation.

The animal was washed up on Tenby’s South Beach and was spotted by dog walker Peter Bailey on Friday evening, who sent this photograph to local paper the Western Telegraph.

The 27 year old said: “I was taking my dog for her evening walk across the south beach when she started acting out of character by howling and running round in circles.

“I ran up to her to see if she was ok and then I came across this hideous looking carcass. I could see it had little hair left on it's decomposing body.

Read more

• Like 1

Too big for a jack Russell? How about a bloated jack russell because that's sometimes what happens when animals die, not to mention floating around in the ocean caused that a bit too.

• Like 1

Looks like a Pig.

Anyway, whatever it is, I'm sure some enterprising entrepeneur will soon snap it up & sell it to tesco.

• Like 2

Just one lousy photo from a thing that wasn't traveling near ligth speed, wasn't chasing the guy in some dark forest, and so on.

You'd think that when you find the corpse of some 'unknown animal' you'd take a number of photos, right?

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2

Only one photo? Disappointing...but better than nothing I guess. Too bad there's no clear size reference and it was taken at an awkward angle.

Doesn't seem like anything unknown to me. Just looks like a dead animal that's been decomposing and bloating in the water.

• Like 1

hey all, i just found this story, and as far as i could see nobody else posted it yet....

A dead animal bearing resemblance to the Montauk Monster was washed ashore in England.

Let's all take wild guesses!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/02/26/beastly-creature-washes-up-in-pembrokeshire-_n_2763697.html

hey all, i just found this story, and as far as i could see nobody else posted it yet....

A dead animal bearing resemblance to the Montauk Monster was washed ashore in England.

Let's all take wild guesses!

http://www.huffingto..._n_2763697.html

already been posted, I think its a badger

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=243689

Edited by The New Richard Nixon

Just a badger, matches the teeth and claws etc. Even the head shape.

It has similar features to a Jack Russel as well, but there is 5 claws and Jack Russels have 4. (dogs technically can have 5 toes/claws on their foreleg, but it's higher up on the dogs leg and are often removed or a lot dogs are not born with them)