Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"you can't do things by yourself"--BHO

acidhead

it's always been the way.

you shoe me someone who's changed the world, and I'll show you an army of supporters or backers.

• Like 1

Obama is speaking for the majority. He was voted in by the majority. This majority is the low information voter that expects govt to take care of them cradle to grave. If you have a job, you are now the new minority, and will pay dearly in more taxes if Obama gets his way. If you are on govt housing, you are safe, but if you have a mortgage your interest will soon become non-deductable in Obama's world, hence you pay more taxes.

The middle class is anyone that does not have a job and gets govt assistance. Anyone with a job is just a greedy b****** and will pay for the opportunity to make money selfishly.

• Like 5

"Congress protects your rights. Remember, Goldstein wants to take away your rights, but Congress protects them and I protect the Congress".

• Like 1

This is what bugs me about that statement of his. I think it has run its course. He was just going after a sound bite and it backfired. Yes, in any endeavor, people help you out from time to time. But they don't take the risks you do. You're the one that sees the idea through fruition. And that's the whole point of doing it yourself. You take the risks. No one else does.

You can't do things by yourself...............unless you're the president in which case with the swipe of a pen you can bypass the senate and congress and sign an executive order. :nw:

it's always been the way.

you shoe me someone who's changed the world, and I'll show you an army of supporters or backers.

A lot of posters here can't seem to get that thru their skulls.

I have a problem with Obama's delivery of this particular statement. There are so many different ways of getting this same point across without taking away from the individuals initiative. It sounds like an excuse not to succeed because you didn't get the backing and support you needed in the beginning of your endeavor. There is a distinct difference in the person that will actively pursue their dreams and the people that give up and say, "Well, I tried and it was too difficult." after a short time. Some things take years to get into the works. You've got to stay focused and not give up. I don't think he gives individuals the credit they deserve.

• Like 1