Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

murder in miami 1980s

harmsgrandma

I had a friend who was viciouslymurdered/ tortured in the 1980s...her car broke down on alligator alley in Miami and two guys picked her up tortured raped and murdered her and left her in a lifeguard stand on the beach....I can't find anything about this anywhere! Any ideas?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rashore

• harmsgrandma

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, my manners were missing earlier... Welcome to UM :st

Now, second, back to the thread...

I wasn't sure.. but it fit the google criteria of "Miami woman murdered lifeguard stand 1980's". There's other info floating around out there on the internet, so I'm pretty sure there is going to be a lot of more detailed stuff available locally.

Glad to have been of help, perhaps I helped give some closure? :) Though geez, what a tragic crime :( Condolences...

Edited by rashore

Glad to be here...and thank you..yes it was tragic...I guess that was one of the first instances I wanted to get inside the head of somebody who could do something like that and it really freaked me out because it was 2 people and I was always said to myself how can 2 people get together and decide to do something like that and I have been studying the criminal mind ever since

I'm not sure why people do stuff like that at all, let alone when more than one person decides to go in on it. But it does happen unfortunately.

From poking around a bit more, it looks like the second guy, Wigley, got a life sentence for his participation in the crime. I'm not positive, but it looks like he was involved in the assault, but not the murder? Most of the easy lookup stuff seems to focus on Marek and his execution more than anything else.

If you want more detailed information, perhaps the court transcripts would be helpful.