Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 25-Foot Ancient Spiral-Toothed Shark

Still Waters

Imagine a 25-foot-long shark, but instead of having a typical set of jaws, it packs a chainsaw-like ‘tongue’ full of razor-sharp teeth ready to slash through prey with ease.

While it sounds like something straight out of a Killer B Movie, it is anything but.

A group of American researchers has described just such a creature that lived about 270 million years ago based on the animal’s fossilized spiral set of teeth.

http://www.redorbit....w-study-022713/

• Like 3

I know women who would love to have a tongue like that. (seriously... they've told me so)

I know women who have a tongue like that. (seriously... I have felt it)

• Like 1

Lol, are we going to see any none 'women with sharp tongue' related posts with this article?

• Like 2

Lol, are we going to see any none 'women with sharp tongue' related posts with this article?

Doubtful, it's like a low hanging pitch in baseball, too good to pass up taking a whack at.....

• Like 2

bah! tis not like a chainsaw, it's like an ordinary saw. hmmph. ( ̄^ ̄)

hmm on second thoughts it is a bit like one.

Edited by Ad hoc
  • Like 2

Imagine a 25-foot-long shark, but instead of having a typical set of jaws, it packs a chainsaw-like ‘tongue’ full of razor-sharp teeth ready to slash through prey with ease.

While it sounds like something straight out of a Killer B Movie, it is anything but.

A group of American researchers has described just such a creature that lived about 270 million years ago based on the animal’s fossilized spiral set of teeth.

http://www.redorbit....w-study-022713/

That is going to give me nightmares!!

It's going to come knock on my door under the guise of flower delivery or (more likely) pizza delivery and when I open the door it's going to lick me with that chain saw tongue!! Arrhg! Land shark!!

• Like 1

What big teeth you have. That spin backwards.

Id hate to kiss this sucker at a disco