Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Historic Collapse" in the offing?

ian hacktorp

I kind of feel like that your source is just trying to get me to buy gold....

• Like 2

Each of the points assembled in the linked blog post can be found and verified (or challenged) elsewhere to suit the reader. It's getting harder to perceive a world that is NOT on the brink of major change. Currency wars are seriously heating up. US Dollar as world reserve currency is a 'dead man walking'.

You could:

1. Read well thought-out and well-written pieces like this and work to separate the wheat from the chaff, or:

2. Tune in to NBC News and drift back to sleep

• Like 1

I'm not buying anything that I can't take possession of.

• Like 1

Sometime this year or very early next year, there will be one of the biggest financial collapse's seen, of all time...

The governments seem to be preparing themselve's for such a thing...

What has been and still is happening in some of the EU countries, will be coming to a city near You

I understand the whole idea about buying gold as a commodity in the event that the dollar is worthless. I'm just not convinced of what good owning it will do you in a collapsed society.

I'd think you'd need things to barter with. Things of "real" value to others.

Food, Ammo, Liquor, Medicine, etc.

• Like 1

I'm going to agree that gold will be worth crap after a economic collapse. You can't eat it. You can't fight with it. You can only trade it. And the guy with the food and weapons is going to set the price, because gold will only be worth what you can get for it.

Hoard dried goods and liquor if you must hoard. Ammunition and medicine are good choices too.

Buying electronic gold is not going to help many people after a collapse. How are you going to collect it, or even prove it is yours?