Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Activity Happening At This Moment...

gantonio45

Hey everyone,

I wanted to come on and post this for you all to read. I knosw I can't quite convey what is happening, since it's only through text, but I figured everyone here on the boards would like to know what's going on.

For the past three hours or so, I had been in my living room writing some new music. I was writing down some new lyrics, and putting together a new song on the piano. Then, at some point I noticed that the air got quite heavy. I initially didn't think anything of it. I experience paranormal things with such frequency that whenever I get the feeling of something paranormal, I try and debunk as much as humanly possible before I chalk it up as an experience.

Immediately following the change in air pressure (the heaviness) I saw, out of the corner of my eye, what looked to be a shadow run right past where I was sitting. That was followed up by one of my plants that I had sitting on my computer desk, falling and crashing to the floor. Still, I thought nothing really; just chalked it up to the plant vase being too close to the edge of the desk. Once I re-potted the plant, I began to notice heavy, defined footsteps coming from above me. It is important that I share with all of you that NO ONE lives above me. If someone did, they would be living on my roof.

I stood in my living room following underneath the footsteps as they walked into my bedroom, then back out; then they seemed to stop. About a minute and a half later (after some silence) I began to hear footsteps coming from all around me in the living room. I couldn't see anything visably, but I followed directly behind where I was hearing these noises. Then, I would hear another set of footsteps behind me, then another from the kitchen walking towards me.

What has me sold on this being nothing but paranormal, is the fact that for the very first time, I witnessed poltergeist activity with my own eyes. As I was pausing, trying to listen to the footsteps in the kitchen, I heard a scraping sound. I looked around the corner from my living room into my kitchen just in time to witness my trash barrel slide across the kitchen floor and slam into my door. I was incredibly startled; moreso by the noise of the crash rather then the barrel having moved on its own.

This was followed immediatley by the lock on my door turning on its own. It went from locked, to unlocked, to locked, to unlocked a second time. Once it stopped, I then decided to walk into the kitchen, walked to my door, and locked it again. I asked out loud who was there, and if they wanted to speak with me. I didn't get any audible response, but my faucet in my bathroom proceeded to turn on. It was then, as I walked into the bathroom to turn the faucet off, I turned on my computer to get this all down for all of you.

As I'm writing this to you all now, the physical moving of objects seems to have stopped; but I can still hear at least two sets of footsteps walking all around me; maybe even a third. My regret is that I don't have any cameras or Video recorders with me to try and get this on tape for all of you. It is very difficult to convey through text and typing, what exactly it sounds like.

I can say that I don't feel any sort of hostility or danger with whomever this or they are. They seem to want to contact me, or perhaps they just want to cause some mischief. Either way, in all my years of studying, reading, researching, and investigating the paranormal, this is the first time I have seen physical movement in my surrounding objects; and it was amazing!

• Like 1

cool.

I would do anything to record the event. If you end up with nothing but a story that is all you will ever have. Since there is so little (none really) real evidence no one except true believes are going accept an eyewitness account. To many hoaxers. JMO.

I would do anything to record the event.

Yes! Get yourself a good quality camera and record video of occurrences like this. Then check the video afterwards to see what was recorded.

I personally heard of someone that was experiencing seeing a ghost in a particular area. I videoed that area as that person was seeing the ghost there over and over for about 10 minutes.

During the whole time I saw nothing, even though the other person kept saying that they saw the ghost over and over again.

After, when we watched the video, nothing showed up of the ghost, and recorded everything just as how i saw it, which was surprising to the other person.

From my perspective, everything being seen was happening in the other person's imagination.

It would be great if you could get some video of these events actually occurring, like things moving around, as they happen.

Edited by Hugh

• 2 months later...

I'd have to say id have to be experiencing something two or three times a day before go out spending money on cameras and recorders and stuff for something that could or couldn't be a ghost. I believe in them but I also believe there can always be more than one explanation for something and most likely well probably never find out the truth about whats really going on until we've left our physical body. I do love to speculate though :)

Do you not have a camera phone or even a webcam? With all the hoaxes going around these days I think we need some proof before we can truly help. No microphone on your PC or app on your phone at all?

• Like 1

It's times like that when there isn't anything I wouldn't give to have an unlicensed nuclear accelerator strapped to my back.

• Like 3

Are you okay, gantonio? It didn't get you did it? *evil face*

Last active in March ? Who are we talking to ? :whistle:

This sort of reminds me of my own experience ( First experience to be exact ) that I had when I was roughly 14/15 years old. My aunt and uncle and cousins had taken a road trip to a friend of there's out in Maryland. I had a sleep over & invited a friend of mine over and we had slept in there room. That night we fell asleep rather quickly as we were both tired. I remember waking up in the middle of the night to a flash light in my face, I glanced over to my friend and noticed she was scared and alert. I had asked her what was wrong thinking she might of had a nightmare or something. She didn't really answer me, her face was pale and everything. After coming too I asked her again what was wrong and she told me that her backpack had slid across the floor on it's own and shortly after she had seen a tall dark figure by the bedroom door. Thinking nothing of it and not believing in ghosts back then I went to roll over and go back to sleep. As I rolled over I seen her backpack slide back to where it had originally been placed. I sat there in shock having seen this for my self. As to what or who it was I'll never know, I never did any research on the place.

I do know that shortly after that happening I had another experience. I was sitting in the living room watching tv with my family and a commercial had come on so I decided to go get a drink, while I was in the pantry getting a drink I saw out of the corner of my eye a shadow figure peak around the fridge at me then disappear, thinking it was my cousin playing a joke on me I went back into the living room and asked if anyone had come out into the kitchen and my mom looked up and said nobody left and that I was the only one out there.

Even now I still have minor experiences, always happening late at night & always happening in my bedroom. Every now and then I'll be laying there watching tv or I'll be on the computer and I get the feeling that someone's watching me and when I have my back turned to where the door is It will feel like someone is walking up behind me bending over me while I'm sleeping and stare at me.

It is creepy, but nothing ever happens. I mean I can hear movement in my room and everything but nothing negative ever happens.

Yeah, I'm usualy up until 4 or so, depending on if I'm tired of not and things always start up around 3:00 am.

That's all that matters then :tu: enjoy the occasional experiences...some people spend all their lives trying to MAKE them happen to them and here we are having it occur naturally. We must be stir fry crazy :w00t:

As a mentally ill person, I find that offensive.

There is so much stigma attached to mental illness as it is statements like that do not help.

If I suggest that someone see a doctor, I am genuine about it and never saying it to be a smart alec. My entire life revolved around mental illness and threads have been closed because people come in here seeking advise and it is obvious that they are mentally ill and do need help.

In no way am I suggesting either of your experiences are related to mental illness or that either of you are lying. A lot of the times I believe that the person actually believes what they experienced is genuinely otherworldly and unexplainable in nature. What gets me is when a statement is made that gives a possible explanation for the occurrence, the person refuses to accept any rational explanation at all. That is a closed mind.

Anyway /rant about crazy statement.

I wasn't aware that "crazy" was equated to "mental illness". Nonetheless, sorry if you felt offended by what I said.

I would very much love to hear the explanations for my experiences, nobody has succeeded in coming close to making scientific sense of them thus far...maybe if I get round to it at some point, I'll post a diary of sorts and see what the skeptics have to say.

Really? That is the most unbelievable thing I've ever heard. http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/brain-flapping/2012/sep/06/crazy-talk-language-mental-illness-stigma Check that out. That is 1 of many examples and I suspect you realize that. I bet you know a billion examples of homophobic. It is a 2 way street.

• Like 1

Crazy = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insanity

Mental Illness = http://en.wikipedia....Mental_disorder

A mental illness can be considered "crazy" but "crazy" doesn't account for every mental illness.

It's amazing how many people bring up homophobia now because I've used it as an example of psychology being wrong when it considered being gay to be an illness...it shows a great sense of weak argument, to be honest.

If you want to cry over it or accuse me of calling you "crazy", be my guest, dear.

Obviously you have no ability to comprehend the word 'stigma'. Also, you didn't read the article. It's about the word 'crazy' being associated with mental illness.

Alternate definitions of gay from dictionary.com:

having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music. Synonyms: cheerful, gleeful, happy, glad, cheery, lighthearted, joyous, joyful, jovial; sunny, lively, vivacious, sparkling; chipper, playful, jaunty, sprightly, blithe. Antonyms: serious, grave, solemn, joyless; staid, sedate; unhappy, morose, grim; sad, depressed, melancholy.

bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments. Synonyms: colorful, brilliant, vivid, intense, lustrous; glittering, theatrical, flamboyant. Antonyms: dull, drab, somber, lackluster; conservative.

Slang: Often Disparaging and Offensive. awkward, stupid, or bad; lame: This game is really gay.

Does that mean every homosexual is happy or often disparaging, offensive, awkward, stupid or bad: lame?

You know it doesn't. Don't play stupid. You know what I meant and why it is offensive to use the word crazy.

Don't be gay, dear.

• Like 1

Oh, btw do I even need to go into the definitions for queer?

I'm pointing out what was said in the article and how 'crazy, nuts, nutter, psycho, etc' terms people use every day can be used offensively on purpose (as you did in your post) to be offensive to people with real mental illnesses.

look up born schizophrenic jani on google and see what these parents go through with these 1 in 40,000 children. It's a series on Discovery.

I doubt you will bother.

• Like 1

I've been called "crazy", or it has been implied, once or twice when I've told people my experiences. Not really sure what point you're trying to make or why you're so bent out of shape? Even when I apologised if you took offense to what I'd said...you continue to press the issue. Enough people go around here implying others are crazy and my statement merely plays off of that. I've seen ghosts. Must be crazy. Since you pulled out your pocket dictionary, let's actually look at what one of the definitions of crazy is, shall we?

crazy - Affected with madness; insane

Do you think that I think people with say schizophrenia are subpar, "crazy" human beings or something?

Again with the million gay references...since it was me who got asked if I was gay, perhaps I should start going around and asking others? It seems to be on your mind a lot...

Even though I fail to see where you were offended (and yes I understand what stigma is), I apologised and I can only apologise again.

End of the matter as far as I'm concerned...if you still take issue with me and want to argue it some more, please use the PM system. Am sure you'll agree our "disagreement" has no place in this thread.

I continued talking about gay because you did.

Yes, crazy = affected with madness insane is derogatory. As you used the term. Read what you said. And your apology was not sincere at all. Why apologize if you fail to see why I was offended?

And yes, I tell other people about stigma and mental illness. A lot. I don't know what you think about people with schizophrenia or any other mental illness because you are too busy trying to defend using the word crazy as you did and prove some kind of point when I'm just trying to educate people about mental illness and stigma. I thought you were smarter than this.

• Like 1

Like I said, if you have further problem with me..just PM :)

No thanks.

• Like 1

Good good, then the matter is resolved.

Good day to you.

Yes and a merry tea to you as well.

What are you 12?

• Like 1

Isn't my age listed on my profile? Eyesight is a blessing.

So is intelligence.

• Like 2

So you're calling me stupid, right?

"The process of name-calling is typically based upon feeling not OK, and name-callers are trying to make themselves feel more powerful by using the process."

Whatever makes you feel better (or should I say "more powerful"), sweetheart :)

Take what you will from it, twinkle toes.

That sounds like a pretty intense/amazing experience. Gotta agree with some of the previous posters on this though, unfortunately if you don't record it somehow, it's only just a story but at least you've got a badass experience to remember.

Assuming things like this don't happen in your home very often? If it does, it might not be the worst idea to set up a camera for situations like this one! :)