Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Curiosity silent on "fossil"

Zeta Reticulum

Curiosity munches on rocks whilst what looks like a large fossilized backbone lies just metres away. Not a peep out of anyone at NASA about it.

i saw those pics, and it appears to really be something that just looks like a giant backbone, as you said.....stuff is mistaken for other stuff all the time.

I call "pareidolia" until i see how the camera gets bitten off the lil' rover!

Edited by Jacques Terreur
  • Like 1

Not that I believe for one instant that its a "backbone" or anything other than an oddly shaped rock, but if you're going to discuss an issue about a picture, it usually helps to actually provide the picture you're discussing....

Just a thought....

Cz

• Like 5

Great Shatner's Ghost. Is this it?

If so, you have got to be freaking kidding me.

nasa-mars-Curiosity-finger.jpgmars-finger-nasa.pngfossil-finger+finger.jpg

LINK

Now serious question for all you viewers!

Is it actually possible that someone is indeed stupid enough to believe this?

Anyone, Anyone, Bueller........

Edited by psyche101

Sorry peeps, that is not it, same website, but more than one claim apparently.

nasa-Curiosity-fossilized-Spine-edited-1.JPG

There we go. Same question.

They UFO people say that above looks like this

spine-fossile-earth-flickr.jpg

But it doesn't.

LINK

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Sorry peeps, that is not it, same website, but more than one claim apparently.

nasa-Curiosity-fossilized-Spine-edited-1.JPG

There we go. Same question.

They UFO people say that above looks like this

spine-fossile-earth-flickr.jpg

But it doesn't.

LINK

I didnt say that at all. But it doesnt look like a rock.

I didnt say that at all. But it doesnt look like a rock.

No you did not say that, sorry for the confusion, the website states that. My bad.

I think it looks something like eroded clay.

Edited by psyche101

i don't know anything about the weather conditions or about how rocks erode on mars, but i can figure that this is nothing but a mistaken weather-due phenomenon. We have this stuff going on on our planet all the time, but if you see it on mars, people start seeing huge skeletons all of a sudden.

Personally, i found the pic of this little metallic lever-thingy much more exciting.....anybody got news on that one?

I work for one of the science team leaders for Curiosity. NASA uploads every single image to the web as soon as it's received. So whatever Curiosity sees, you see in short order.

Not to mention, with all of the talk of budget cuts and sequesters, trust me, they would LOVE to find such an obvious sign of former life on Mars.

• Like 4

I work for one of the science team leaders for Curiosity. NASA uploads every single image to the web as soon as it's received. So whatever Curiosity sees, you see in short order.

Not to mention, with all of the talk of budget cuts and sequesters, trust me, they would LOVE to find such an obvious sign of former life on Mars.

Ok thats good. Why then dont they actually check out the wierd items that they happen upon? They are just brushed aside without even a closer look.(that we see anyway)

Ok thats good. Why then dont they actually check out the wierd items that they happen upon? They are just brushed aside without even a closer look.(that we see anyway)

Because to trained scientists, they're not weird at all. They're just natural formations.

• Like 3

I hear you Rafterman ! Mars just may have hidden away underground worlds of lifes and goodies to explore ! If only we had a Logical Government to Bid for our Exploration ! :tu:

Exactly. Proof of that kind of life on Mars would set them up with a budget to send far more than just a few probes there. We're talking colony money. They aren't going to just ignore it if its there. Pareidolia strikes again!

Edited by frenat
  • Like 1

Exactly. Proof of that kind of life on Mars would set them up with a budget to send far more than just a few probes there. We're talking colony money. They aren't going to just ignore it if its there. Pareidolia strikes again!

And how would they tell us about it? Just let it out ?. Nope. Major speech by Obama and religious leaders, Rumours and uneasiness in the streets. Some countries denying this is possible. Perhaps confrontation. Maybe its better to leave well enough alone.... hence we get told zilch, and NASA secretly investigates all the weird stuff without our knowledge. Hey there might even be some military advantages to this !!!!

And how would they tell us about it? Just let it out ?. Nope. Major speech by Obama and religious leaders, Rumours and uneasiness in the streets. Some countries denying this is possible. Perhaps confrontation. Maybe its better to leave well enough alone.... hence we get told zilch, and NASA secretly investigates all the weird stuff without our knowledge. Hey there might even be some military advantages to this !!!!

And your evidence for all this is?

If NASA is part of a huge cover up, why are they releasing the photos?

If the photos really do show evidence of life on Mars why can you see it but not one expert can?

What would I do if I were President and some group of worthies came to me and presented me solid proof of aliens in our midst -- you know -- hiding and spying on us and doing nasty things to us? Try to keep it a secret? Oh give me strength! Like that's gonna happen in a million years in Washington?

I'd have every law enforcement agency in country on the case immediately, and publicly appeal to the public for help. Yes some people would get very disturbed, but there would be no general panic. People would settle in and help however they could.

Utterly baseless speculation, and not even particularly rational speculation at that.