Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Real bacon to go into smoky bacon crisps

Still Waters

Smoky bacon crisps are to contain real bacon as part of an experiment by manufacturer Walkers.

Real chicken is also to be used in its roast chicken flavour packets while cheese powder is to go into cheese and onion crisps, it was reported.

However the move has upset some vegetarians who had become accustomed to eating meat-flavoured snacks safe in the knowledge that they did not actually contain any meat, according to The Independent.

http://www.telegraph...-are-upset.html

I guess some people are vegetarian because of a love for animals, but still love the taste of bacon?? I know my sister was vegetarian for 4 years in her late teens and gave it all up one morning when my dad was making bacon butties!

Oh nooooo........ Not more offended people,now we have gone to far!Real ingredients?How absurd this must be stopped and the makers of this product must be punished!!!

• Like 1

Well darn, now they won't be able to say "Suitable for vegetarians" on the packet, something that's always amused me.

Edited by Lord Vetinari

I love Vegans more meat for me. I love bacon. Bacon good on everything.

heh, how bout they put a label "made with real meat" on the bag and people can take a moment to read before eating it?

• Like 1

I guess we should be grateful they stopped doing flavours like:

• Hedghog
  • Cajun Squirrel
  • Farmer Browns

When this kind of thing happens?