Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The strangest Phone number ever recieved

Gatekey

I just recieved a phone call from a number the number in my call display reads V02281158300027 no message was left on the answering machine. I am unable to return the phone call my phone simply states "unable to dial". This was not on my cellphone but on my landline. I did a google search with "strange phone number V02281158300027" and various usage and got 0 results, like maybe its the very 1st of it's kind, in any case I wanted to get this out in case others may have recieved a call from this very strange number.I think I will try and capture it in a picture on my cellphone as proof. I am in Canada if that makes a difference to anyone looking forward to your opinions.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about it. The tech in consumer electronics is about as crappy as it gets. Who knows what it was doing.

Oh no.... not V02281158300027 !!!! I've been dreading that notification for months!

*Furiously begins to dig a large concrete-reinforced bunker*

s11973.gif

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 2

Not to startle you, but that is the country code they use in Hell.

And how do you know this, can you prove that it is? Some people believe in hell, so this could alarm them.

(only kidding, saying that, it could actually be true, some people do believe in hell)

• Like 1

I just recieved a phone call from a number the number in my call display reads V02281158300027 no message was left on the answering machine. I am unable to return the phone call my phone simply states "unable to dial". This was not on my cellphone but on my landline. I did a google search with "strange phone number V02281158300027" and various usage and got 0 results, like maybe its the very 1st of it's kind, in any case I wanted to get this out in case others may have recieved a call from this very strange number.I think I will try and capture it in a picture on my cellphone as proof. I am in Canada if that makes a difference to anyone looking forward to your opinions.

I think You will find it is a telephone marketing company or some other company selling something or trying to get your details...

Some of them use software to try and get the call through to the person they are dialing...

I have had various number's call me on my landline that was displayed as a number on the caller display, but was witheld when I used 1471 for the last callers number...

I would not worry about it, I would recommend that if You get the call again and You answer and they reply, DO NOT give them ANY personal details whatsoever, not even Your name.......

It would be better NOT to answer the phone when You see a number like that, as it normally encourages them to keep on calling, or even sell your number to other companies that do the same thing...

The weirdest number I recieved on my cell phone was 555-555-5555. Just last month I think. Still on my phone.

No kidding. They didn't leave a message, and I did not call back.

Forgot to mention in my previous post about a site that lets You do a Reverse Phone Number Lookup...

http://whocallsme.com/

I have used the site myself a few times when I have received call's from strange number's

It's a call made from an IP phone. IP phones can be programmed with any outgoing display number. It probably originated from an overseas call center.

• Like 2

The weirdest number I recieved on my cell phone was 555-555-5555. Just last month I think. Still on my phone.

No kidding. They didn't leave a message, and I did not call back.

I thought they customarily used that in movies whenever they read out a phone number, since it didn't exist.

Not to startle you, but that is the country code they use in Hell.

Surely that'd be 666-666-6666.

Edited by Lord Vetinari
  • Like 1