Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man spends 26 years hauling 12ft crucifix

Still Waters

A determined Christian evangelist has demonstrated his devotion to his faith by carrying a huge cross for thousands of miles across the globe for the past 26 years.

Lindsay Hamon, 60, has trekked through 19 countries including India, New Zealand, Romania and Sri Lanka during his remarkable journey.

And despite being thrown out of St Peter's Square, in Rome, being shot at in Bangladesh and attacked by angry zealots, he remains resolute and has no plans to give up on his mission.

http://www.dailymail...iles-world.html

• Like 1

What an idiot.

If he wanted to show devotion to his religion, he should have used those 26 years to help people.

I know he helped some people on his journeys, but not properly, not like he could have doen without the stupid cross.

In fact there you go, want to show you're a good Christian, drop the cross and use your heart to spread love, peace and untiy while helping others. I'm sure god would appreciate that a lot more.

• Like 7

I wonder why he was bounced from St Peter's square? I get the "being shot at in Bangladesh" but St Peter's square wouldn't let him witness about the love of Christ?

• Like 1

This is how you get into heaven?

I always wondered about using the instrument of His death as a sybol of Him rather than a symbol of His good deeds or messages like the fish symbol.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

I wonder why he was bounced from St Peter's square? I get the "being shot at in Bangladesh" but St Peter's square wouldn't let him witness about the love of Christ?

A lot of lone Evangelists do an awful lot of shouting, in my experience. Maybe he was doing likewise.

• Like 1

I know this is being picky. however isn't mounting the cross on a wheel a bit like cheating? I mean they didn't let Jesus put a wheel on it.

• Like 4

This is how you get into heaven?

I always wondered about using the instrument of His death as a sybol of Him rather than a symbol of His good deeds or messages like the fish symbol.

Yes, that's a thought....If Christianity were a modern religion would the faithful go about wearing little electric chairs on a chain round their necks?

• Like 3

all through the 90's, this guy was at the glastonbury festival, year in, year out, without fail, and one year I asked him 'why have you got a wheel on your cross when jesus didn't?'

and he went absolutely ****ing mental!!

some christian eh....

• Like 3

No crown of thorns?

The fact that he wears ordinary clothes and his cross has a wheel - I would have thought he was a construction worker or something.

• Like 3

I know this is being picky. however isn't mounting the cross on a wheel a bit like cheating? I mean they didn't let Jesus put a wheel on it.

He should have added an engine and a saddle and he would've had a much easier time!

• Like 4

What a stupid waste of time.

First thing that came to my mind.

Edited by Twinkle Arora is back

Someone should follow this man around blaring that annoying carrie underwood song "jesus take the wheel" :lol: If he could take that every day for 26 years then he may well have some divinity in him lol

• Like 3

26 years looking for someone to nail him to it.

• Like 2

It's interesting to read the commentary from the source article. He does this out of love, and his detractors demean him perhaps out of spite. The doer vs. the critic. Who is reflective of civilization's highest ideals?

It's interesting to read the commentary from the source article. He does this out of love, and his detractors demean him perhaps out of spite. The doer vs. the critic. Who is reflective of civilization's highest ideals?

Wasting ones time be it in the name of love or any other name is not very smart.There is no spite behind my view of what he does or believes,i just think he is a attention whore.

• Like 2

This reminds me of a quote:

" He was such a devote Christian, he will not be happy til he is crucified."

PS: to whom it may concern, its just a quote, please do not take it literally!!!!

• Like 1

26 years looking for someone to nail him to it.

yep, you would have thought he would have found a carpenter by now.

• Like 1

When ones religious beliefs consume and waste 26 years that could have been spent helping others it can be classified as a mental disorder.

• Like 4

I would carry a teddy called "Gladly" around....ie:- Gladly my cross I'd bear.

Hymn 444...Oh Lord I am a hopeless case.

• Like 2