Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man spends 26 years hauling 12ft crucifix

Still Waters

before you all mock him, just remember the adages-

1) there's nowt so queer as folk.

and

2) it takes all sorts to make a world.

unfortunately.

:-D

• Like 1

Yeah, that guy is clearly eccentric, delusional, and has an extreme form of OCD.

• Like 2

Someone should follow this man around blaring that annoying carrie underwood song "jesus take the wheel" :lol: If he could take that every day for 26 years then he may well have some divinity in him lol

LMAO!!! It would take only 26 minutes before I caved in that scenario! :D

• Like 2

Does anyone know how long it took Jesus to carry his crucifix to the place where he was to be c rucified?

Does anyone know how long it took Jesus to carry his crucifix to the place where he was to be c rucified?

I saw a program on that, but I don't remember all the details.

I know he went along several streets, slowly, with the cross and thorns before arriving at the execution site.

My uneducated guess would be 1-2 hours. No idea, though.

before you all mock him, just remember the adages-

1) there's nowt so queer as folk.

and

2) it takes all sorts to make a world.

unfortunately.

:-D

Hey Shrooma, complete the quote me old son, (1) "and even thee's a little queerer than me. (2) and the world produces allsorts.... (3) If thee does owt for nowt for anyone , thaa always does it for thee sen. (just thought I would add that one)......cheers
  • Like 1

If thee does owt for nowt for anyone , thaa always does it for thee sen.

hahahahaha spud!

(apologises for slipping into dialect....)

tha's on abaat t' yorkshire prayer there ol' love,

'ear all, see all,

say nowt.'

'eat all, sup all,

pay nowt'

'and if tha' ever does summat for nowt, mek sure it's for thi'sen!'

+1 t'spud f'bein' reyt!

:-)

I saw a program on that, but I don't remember all the details.

I know he went along several streets, slowly, with the cross and thorns before arriving at the execution site.

My uneducated guess would be 1-2 hours. No idea, though.

I think it would have taken me all day...I would have pouted, whined and complained the whole way. They would have wanted to kill me right away.

I know this is being picky. however isn't mounting the cross on a wheel a bit like cheating? I mean they didn't let Jesus put a wheel on it.

Yeah, that's does kind of take the meaning out of it I think.

Anyone with that much faith has to be admired. No matter what his faith is in.

• Like 1

He's definitely going to heaven.

I think it would have taken me all day...I would have pouted, whined and complained the whole way. They would have wanted to kill me right away.

What? lol

Yeah, that's does kind of take the meaning out of it I think.

Jesus still got someone to help him.

hahahahaha spud!

(apologises for slipping into dialect....)

tha's on abaat t' yorkshire prayer there ol' love,

'ear all, see all,

say nowt.'

'eat all, sup all,

pay nowt'

'and if tha' ever does summat for nowt, mek sure it's for thi'sen!'

+1 t'spud f'bein' reyt!

:-)

Aye lad and look after thee brass ! ha ha And the Cockneys hevnt a clue what we're on aboot. Ahs from Sun'land marra.

Oh for crying out loud.... I quoted myself....

yep. spotted that, was not going to say anything as I thought "never interrupt her while she is taking her medication" giggle.gif

• Like 1

'There is a reaction from people straight away, you end up talking and connecting to people you wouldn't normally talk to.

'People start opening up about their own lives and you end up sharing with them something that is most personal.

find people often want to talk, but if people don't want to know I walk on. The love you get from it all is amazing, people will just stop and ask you questions, offer you food and sometimes a place to stay.

I dare say this man, even with his odd behavior, is much more positive and kind than practically anyone in this thread. Who is he hurting?

The article says he walks all over the world, talking to people, praying with them if they ask, and walking on if they don't want him there. He's not shouting on street corners or smiting people. He goes around the world making friends and trying to connect to other people in the world.

The fiend... :rolleyes:

this guy is retard... how is this helping humanity i dont believe in religion but do believe in a creator and i dont think "it" wanted us to act like idoits worshiping idols and stupid sht like this... no wonder why this world is in such a bad state unproductive humans who do nothing for humanity instead it me me me... selfishness, why is he carrying around a cross, cause he wants to get to heaven??? for him self, so selfishness, you create your own heaven and hell

yep. spotted that, was not going to say anything as I thought "never interrupt her while she is taking her medication" giggle.gif

LOL!! I'm going to blame my phone but if it makes posts without me, don't believe a word of it!!

• Like 1

I dare say this man, even with his odd behavior, is much more positive and kind than practically anyone in this thread. Who is he hurting?

The article says he walks all over the world, talking to people, praying with them if they ask, and walking on if they don't want him there. He's not shouting on street corners or smiting people. He goes around the world making friends and trying to connect to other people in the world.

The fiend... :rolleyes:

Hahaha yeah ok.This man has spent 26 years wheeling around a cross and telling others they should live and believe his ways.I have spent my time and money helping the wounded warrior foundation and toys for tots every chance i get,if this man just talking to people has more of a right to be in "heaven" than me just for spreading his words of his beliefs then i could care less to share the same afterlife as him.Talk is cheap :tu:

• Like 1

A determined Christian evangelist has demonstrated his devotion to his faith by carrying a huge cross for thousands of miles across the globe for the past 26 years.

Pointless!

If God exists, I doubt he would be impressed by such an empty gesture.

He should've just walled himself up in an abbey, anchorite-style.

yeah cos the main protagonist of the bible spent his life dragging a heavy weight around to teach people about stuff. that's how the story goes, right?

Edited by Ad hoc

Hahaha yeah ok.This man has spent 26 years wheeling around a cross and telling others they should live and believe his ways.I have spent my time and money helping the wounded warrior foundation and toys for tots every chance i get,if this man just talking to people has more of a right to be in "heaven" than me just for spreading his words of his beliefs then i could care less to share the same afterlife as him.Talk is cheap

I guess I missed the part of the article that said he was doing this so he'd get a free pass into heaven, or the part about him telling everyone they should believe just like he does, or the bit about how people who do good things are somehow worse than he is. Could you point them out to me?

I really find it a bit laughable that people are so angry about the way this guy chooses to 'waste his time' as a few have called it. Most people do something that others would consider a waste of time. I tend to think it's because he's doing something religious that people get so "offended" here. If he was pogo-sticking around the world, would people be so upset about it?

Do I personally think dragging a cross around the world is silly? Sure. But I also think bungee jumping is silly, and shopping for expensive shoes, and watching Spongebob and paint by numbers sets. They're all a waste of time, and most of them don't even let you travel and talk with other people from different cultures.