Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gun background check bill in danger

Jeremiah65

From the L.A. Times...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gun-control-20130228,0,2506590.story

" The centerpiece of President Obama's initiative to lower gun violence, a law that would require background checks for nearly all gun purchases, is in danger of stalling in Congress, signaling a steep climb for any potential changes to the nation's gun laws."

"Separately, Rep. Robert W. Goodlatte (R-Va.), chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, said he would oppose any expansion of background check requirements. His committee would oversee any gun bills in the House."

It appears that it's going to take more than shock, awe and horror to get people to throw their rights away ...again.

I say "good riddance to bad legislation".

What say you?

• Like 5

There are times I am glad the republicans and democrats can't get along. If they did we couldn't move without having to show ID.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 2

Oh dear that will mean another six months of Piers Morgan tossing his papers about the CNN studio. :passifier:

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 2

Reid wouldn't support it in the Senate if it passed the House anyway.

I kind of wish someone would push that sloth down some stairs. Creepy B*#$d......