Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fermi's Motion Produces a Study in Spirograph

danielost

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danielost

• Still Waters

• Saru

• Abramelin

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_2459.hmtl

I may need help to make it an active link.

It says-

The page you requested either doesn't exist anymore, or was moved.

You can try searching for the topic, or follow the links below.

You'll need to link to the article page itself so we can see what your topic is about.

It is the orbit of ferma. I followed the link and got the same errior. But, when refound the pic it gives he same link. Sorry.

Here it is:

NASA's Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope orbits our planet every 95 minutes, building up increasingly deeper views of the universe with every circuit. This image compresses eight individual frames, from a movie showing 51 months of position and exposure data by Fermi's Large Area Telescope (LAT), into a single snapshot. The pattern reflects numerous motions of the spacecraft, including its orbit around Earth, the precession of its orbital plane, the manner in which the LAT nods north and south on alternate orbits, and more.

The LAT sweeps across the entire sky every three hours, capturing the highest-energy form of light -- gamma rays -- from sources across the universe. These range from supermassive black holes billions of light-years away to intriguing objects in our own galaxy, such as X-ray binaries, supernova remnants and pulsars.

Image Credit: NASA/DOE/Fermi LAT Collaboration

http://www.nasa.gov/...ature_2459.html

You had mangled the link, Daniel.

Edited by Abramelin

Thanks for link. But, address is the one I typed.

It is the orbit of ferma. I followed the link and got the same errior. But, when refound the pic it gives he same link. Sorry.

No problem. I've edited the title to match the topic too.

Here it is:

NASA's Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope orbits our planet every 95 minutes, building up increasingly deeper views of the universe with every circuit. This image compresses eight individual frames, from a movie showing 51 months of position and exposure data by Fermi's Large Area Telescope (LAT), into a single snapshot. The pattern reflects numerous motions of the spacecraft, including its orbit around Earth, the precession of its orbital plane, the manner in which the LAT nods north and south on alternate orbits, and more.

http://www.nasa.gov/...ature_2459.html

Thank you.

I've fixed the link in the OP, you had the file extension typed wrong. ( should be ".html" )