Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are Jihadists damaging Islam's reputation?

ali smack

All the Abrahamic religions are pretty much the same to me. Y'all take your little books much too seriously if you ask me.

Making a mountain out of a molehill.

Do you think that Islam's reputation is being damaged by Jihadists?

Do you think a lot of people look at Muslims and Islam in a negative light?

I don't because I understand most Muslims are decent, law abiding citizens.

Yes and I would include centuries old crusader myths perpetuated in western media for generations

Thats all fine, so next time the extremists want to rant or shout about islam, lets see the 'good muslims' bring them down instead of standing back and saying, yeah but we are not all like that!

Lets hear the 'good muslim' say that they do not want to see sharia law enforced anywhere in a western country, lets see them send their children to a western school and let English be their first language.

Lets see them say they are against the extremists NOT in the name of islam but in the name of peace!!

Cliched bs! As always!

We do bring them down we put ourselves on the front lines against them. The war on terror is fought by Muslims, the larger sacrifices are made by us, its our brothers fathers husbands children that die in massive numbers so crawl back in your fantasy world. Without us your war on terror would be futile so grow up!

• Like 2

Yep, have experienced that.

snapback.pngealdwita, on 01 March 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

All Muslims will be Jihadists if (or when) their Imams order them to be Jihadists!

i am agreeing with this. If this is not the case, then why are there areas of "good muslims" asking for sharia law to be introduced?

Why are "good muslims" insisting on their own schools and teachers and not willing to integrate with the western culture?

Yes, yes, we know, its not all of them, but as time goes by, it seems to be getter more of them want this here, not LESS.

Muslims that ask for sharia governance and caliphate do so in their own sovereign lands. Its their right to be governed as they wish!  

Intergrate? More clichéd BS! We r Intergrated! We are teachers, doctors, nurses, bin men, etc etc you name it we are integrated into every facet and fabric of society! So what more do you want.....our blood and lives? Or do you mean we need to take drugs, drink alcohol, fornicate, adultery etc etc, is this where you want intergration? If so then a small number if Muslims do this too. So what more? Simply put, small minded people like you will never actually be happy until we muslims forsake our beliefs and heritage maybe even extermination

Edited by Lion6969
  • Like 1

All the Abrahamic religions are pretty much the same to me. Y'all take your little books much too seriously if you ask me.

You ain't seen nuthin' yet....
  • Like 1

Muslims that ask for sharia governance and caliphate do so in their own sovereign lands. Its their right to be governed as they wish!

Intergrate? More clichéd BS! We r Intergrated! We are teachers, doctors, nurses, bin men, etc etc you name it we are integrated into every facet and fabric of society! So what more do you want.....our blood and lives? Or do you mean we need to take drugs, drink alcohol, fornicate, adultery etc etc, is this where you want intergration? If so then a small number if Muslims do this too. So what more? Simply put, small minded people like you will never actually be happy until we muslims forsake our beliefs and heritage maybe even extermination

http://www.demotix.com/news/772325/muslims-march-sharia-law-zones-uk

DO YOU WANT MORE OF THIS DS?? cos i can get loads more if you want!

The rest of your post will get the contempt it deserves.

Muslim extremists are damaging islam.

^This.

To expand on that simple truthful statement. Christian extremists are damaging Christianity (think Westboro Baptist Church)

Now to remind everyone...

'Spirituality vs Skepticism' board guidelines Please always respect the beliefs of other members - the bashing of specific religions, countries, races or belief systems is strictly disallowed. Several of the topics in this section cover some sensitive areas and it is important to respect the views of others; this means no flaming, no flamebaiting, no trolling and no personal attacks.

• Like 2

Its given me a bad image of them. I know that's wrong to say, but when i read and see whats happening in the Muslim world, They are making the good Muslims look bad.

http://www.demotix.com/news/772325/muslims-march-sharia-law-zones-uk

DO YOU WANT MORE OF THIS DS?? cos i can get loads more if you want!

The rest of your post will get the contempt it deserves.

Listen you joker im a caucasian former uk born atheist who reverted to Islam . The shariah law requested in uk is to do with inheritance marraige and minor facets of the law! Why cant they request it? You allow jews to have their own law courts a long with other faiths, but dont allow it for muslims you biggots! Personally there is a tiny number who want uk to be a muslim shariah state. They delluded and wrong, but then we also have numties who want uk to be a white indigenous state only as well, difference is you sensationalise the muslim nut jobs cause we are flavour of the day for biggots!

Now adddress the rest of my other post! What friggin intergration do you want and refer to? You only ignore cause i always stump biggots!

• Like 1

im a caucasian former uk born atheist who reverted to Islam .

rather poor choice of words there.....

rather poor choice of words there.....

Lol I see it now. I meant uk born Caucasian former atheist reverted to islam. Is that better?

Edited by Lion6969
  • Like 1

Lol I see it now. I meant uk born Caucasian former atheist reverted to islam. Is that better?

nope.

I think you meant that you CONverted to islam, not REverted. reverting is to go backwards, to an earlier/lesser state.....

nope.

I think you meant that you CONverted to islam, not REverted. reverting is to go backwards, to an earlier/lesser state.....

No I meant to say REverted because in Islamic theology, there is no notion of original sin, that every child born is muslim (literarly meaning born in submission to the will of allah, a muslim is someone who submits to the will allah). As the child grows his parents then determine whether they are muslim or atheist or any other faith. So I was born Muslim like everyone, was raised an atheist and the reverted to my original state if islam (submission to allah) thus making me muslim!

• Like 2

No

I did say its based on islamic theology and literal application. Granted you would view it as convert but we muslims prefer to use revert based on our belief that all are born in submission to god the literal meaning of muslim.

No

Tough! Thats how cookie crumbled.

• Like 1

You ain't seen nuthin' yet....

Should I expect to see you on the news?
  • Like 1

I did say its based on islamic theology and literal application. Granted you would view it as convert but we muslims prefer to use revert based on our belief that all are born in submission to god the literal meaning of muslim.

Tough! Thats how cookie crumbled.

I guess thats what I should expext as I am just an Infidel. If my none belief discribed to do what your religion states what would you say. As far as my disbelief goes should I have a an atheist jeihad. Kill or convert. The conversion is a bit funny as it claims to conqure within. I don`t act or do anything due to a god of any flavor so I guess I will have to kill religion as I see fit.

amusing topic .. but pointless :D

i think muslims terrorists have given islam the 10% percents of the bad name

and the western countries interests in invading muslims countries for gains and power are the rest 90% why muslims have bad reputation

it's nothing to do with religion it all to do with politics

western media keeps on brain washing these people until they are like what we see here

what better way to justifiy the mass killing of lotta of people than to demonize them

and it has been done before too unfortunatly .. people never learn they like ram into the wall blinded

rather to open their eyes on something that they been fed for so long turn out to be wrong

• Like 4

To expand on that simple truthful statement. Christian extremists are damaging Christianity (think Westboro Baptist Church)

You are comparing people that cry out the name of their god out when they saw peoples heads off or blow up dozens or even hundreds at a time to a idiotic church that simply hold up stupid signs?

OMFG

• Like 1

Do you think that Islam's reputation is being damaged by Jihadists?

Do you think a lot of people look at Muslims and Islam in a negative light?

I don't because I understand most Muslims are decent, law abiding citizens.

Back during WWII people had a negative view of all Japanese-Americans because of Pearl Harbor.

The same goes today towards muslims because of 911. There are African-Americans that

hate whites just because our ancestors enslaved their ancestors and mistreated them.

It seems like when we're attacked, the blame is put on an entire people even though most

don't have anything to do with it. It's like if a member of one's family kills someone,

the victims family blames the killer's family also just because they're related.

• Like 1

Christianity was used as an excuse by the Church of England to go on a massive plague like war throughout Europe and the Middle East etc. lol

Really?? Mind telling me when this was?

Listen you joker im a caucasian former uk born atheist who reverted to Islam . The shariah law requested in uk is to do with inheritance marraige and minor facets of the law! Why cant they request it? You allow jews to have their own law courts a long with other faiths, but dont allow it for muslims you biggots! Personally there is a tiny number who want uk to be a muslim shariah state. They delluded and wrong, but then we also have numties who want uk to be a white indigenous state only as well, difference is you sensationalise the muslim nut jobs cause we are flavour of the day for biggots!

Now adddress the rest of my other post! What friggin intergration do you want and refer to? You only ignore cause i always stump biggots!

You stump no one!

YOU are exactly the kind of CONVERTED muslim who gives the good muslims a bad name.

You love the muslims culture, great, you love the religion, great, you want to be seen as a muslim, great, you want sharia law......then got to a muslim country if you love it that much. Sharia law has no place in a western country.

I have read DOTNN`s post, will respect it, suggest you do the same from now on....if your hatred allows it.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

You are comparing people that cry out the name of their god out when they saw peoples heads off or blow up dozens or even hundreds at a time to a idiotic church that simply hold up stupid signs?

OMFG

Cool down Dan'O, my point is that extremists of any kind damage their respective religions.

This topic is not about Christianity, however Christians need to look closely at their own blood drenched history before criticizing others.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
  • Like 3

Most religions have idiots and extremists.

Christianity was used as an excuse by the Church of England to go on a massive plague like war throughout Europe and the Middle East etc. lol

the Church of England? I doubt that they could be ruthless enough to organise someone to march up & down with a few placards, let alone a whole series of wars aross Europe & the middle East.

• Like 1