Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are Jihadists damaging Islam's reputation?

ali smack

well thanks for clearing it out

morality is middle eastern countries are way better

just look at crime rates and compare .. case closed

This is great news, you have convinced me to go there for my hols. I am packing my bikini, and looking forwards to drinking a vodka and coke with ice and having bacon sandwiches for breakfast. Oh and will take my dog with me.

Do you know of any deals in Syria or Egypt at the moment?

mmm, tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime. I suppose it does cut down on crime rates, or least on re-offending, if one no longer has a hand, or in some cases, perhaps, a Head.

• Like 1

No problem.

I don't feel like I know enough outside of the media to really contribute to this but, just to play devil's advocate, couldn't the low crime rates be due to fear of harsh punishments rather than actually better morals? Or just lack of reporting incidents?

This is great news, you have convinced me to go there for my hols. I am packing my bikini, and looking forwards to drinking a vodka and coke with ice and having bacon sandwiches for breakfast. Oh and will take my dog with me.

Do you know of any deals in Syria or Egypt at the moment?

don't mean to sound sarcastic but you do know most of middle eastern countries got beaches with girls in bikini do you ?

and nearly every single " muslim " house in countrysides villages have dogs too

again you try to start debate with really silly stuff that are common knowledge

perhaps before you try to make these notes you need to do your homework about the area no ?

and yes am well aware of situation in egypt .. just like france after their revolution there will be chaos

no country recover from 40 years of rule of one person and magically set straight in one go

now about syria .. i am in syria and you know what ?

it's the non-muslims killing muslims .. happy now ?

or is it also our fault " muslim " faults we're being killed ?

No problem.

I don't feel like I know enough outside of the media to really contribute to this but, just to play devil's advocate, couldn't the low crime rates be due to fear of harsh punishments rather than actually better morals? Or just lack of reporting incidents?

eaither ways you look at society of very low crime rate and that tells you something about morals doesn't ?

over here the police cars " in the past " shoud be put in muesem that's how old are they

and yet people were safe at night anywhere

i know people from europe and usa and people make random comments about how islam treat women

hell i know people " women " being abused .. attacked .. hit by men in street

you know if a random guy beat a woman in street in muslim country what will happen to him ?

fathers abusing kids and daughters and the like in western countries which " rarely " occur here

it's quite common in the west

doesn't all of this tells you some thing about the country morality

if we were to compare in actions of individuals in both society

the result would show middle eastern countries are far ahead that western ones

but again mostly all of people posting here .. NEVER been in middle eastern countries

but their dislike for islam cause them to randomly oppose it

and the problem is even when they're faced with facts they won't see reason

it's called denial in my opinion but that's just me

i met some tourists in my country back in the past

one of them told me " while we were eating in resturant " after he came back from bathroom

i asked him what do you think is the country safe compared to " usa " which he originally was from

he said if i was in usa if i want to go to bathroom i wouldn't leave my book on the table like i did

coz it won't be there when i come back

believe it or not that's up to you and guys here

but i felt like sharing it

so i think it's fair to say that people should at least " be " in a country in middle east before they go on all trigger happy with critisim

freetoroam is fine example of lack of knowledge in middle east

packing her bikini and coming here thinking some people with big beards going to kill her for it

not knowing lot of people actually wear bikini in beaches in middle east

or making comment about her dog thinking dogs are killed on sight or something

maybe i should post pic of my previous dog ? :D

come on all am asking is some logic sense and reason that's not much is it ?

• Like 1

I dare say you fantasize about being safe at night in major Muslim cities.

Crime rates are a statistical matter mainly based on what gets reported and what doesn't, and so has little meaning. The Dutch are notorious for their low crime rates based on police losing reports.

The ethical issue stands out very well in Syria at the moment and the warfare methods being used by both.sides.

I notice you didn't mention the ethical issues I already mentioned.

say what you want .. i got static by my side as prove .. what you got ?

individual action here and there ? a guy screaming and burning flag which is always popular in tv news ?

stupid guy goes against every thing islam stand for and kill his daughter and call it " honor kill " ?

have you ever been in middle eastern country ?

on side note .. you know nothing of syria though sorry just pointing this fact

I always research into Muslims and there culture to see there very different to the way the sheeple like to potray them

• Like 1

say what you want .. i got static by my side as prove .. what you got ?

individual action here and there ? a guy screaming and burning flag which is always popular in tv news ?

stupid guy goes against every thing islam stand for and kill his daughter and call it " honor kill " ?

have you ever been in middle eastern country ?

on side note .. you know nothing of syria though sorry just pointing this fact

You actually ever take statistics, I did. One of the hardest classes I ever had, but I learned how easy it is to manipulate statistics. From the statistics I have seen from Muslim countries they are the masters of manipulation.

You actually ever take statistics, I did. One of the hardest classes I ever had, but I learned how easy it is to manipulate statistics. From the statistics I have seen from Muslim countries they are the masters of manipulation.

i know what you mean .. we're looking to take over the world and we've allied our self with the illuminati too

don't mean to sound sarcastic but you do know most of middle eastern countries got beaches with girls in bikini do you ?

and nearly every single " muslim " house in countrysides villages have dogs too

again you try to start debate with really silly stuff that are common knowledge

perhaps before you try to make these notes you need to do your homework about the area no ?

and yes am well aware of situation in egypt .. just like france after their revolution there will be chaos

no country recover from 40 years of rule of one person and magically set straight in one go

now about syria .. i am in syria and you know what ?

it's the non-muslims killing muslims .. happy now ?

or is it also our fault " muslim " faults we're being killed ?

As I have said, thats great............fantastic news. I always thought that all those coming here to England from the middle east saying how hard it was there, were not telling us the truth? yes??

And I know, never trust what you see on the news every blooming day! If its not 1 middle eastern country, its another.....lies?? At the moment they are showing on the news, Syria, personally i feel for the innocent people and think in todays day and age after all the deaths through out the centuries, it is a disgrace that there are countries today still at war like this.

I know that there are areas which are not affected....well, I would surely hope so, but as for tourist areas, you have to admit, they have been hit hard by what has been happening.

I doubt I would go to a middle eastern country and stay in a countryside village, its not quite coming to England visiting the countryside or staying in a Gite in France...or is it? (no sarcasm intended here, its a serious question from someone who does not live there, to someone who does)

As I have said, thats great............fantastic news. I always thought that all those coming here to England from the middle east saying how hard it was there, were not telling us the truth? yes??

And I know, never trust what you see on the news every blooming day! If its not 1 middle eastern country, its another.....lies?? At the moment they are showing on the news, Syria, personally i feel for the innocent people and think in todays day and age after all the deaths through out the centuries, it is a disgrace that there are countries today still at war like this.

I know that there are areas which are not affected....well, I would surely hope so, but as for tourist areas, you have to admit, they have been hit hard by what has been happening.

I doubt I would go to a middle eastern country and stay in a countryside village, its not quite coming to England visiting the countryside or staying in a Gite in France...or is it? (no sarcasm intended here, its a serious question from someone who does not live there, to someone who does)

what you wanna compare it to with regarding safty ? or sight seeing ?

if it is safety i'd say our countryside " in normal times " is more safer than england or france

sight seeing ain't bad too if you know where to go

and am not asking you to go to middle east

am merely saying you have no knowledge of middle east cultural .. behavior .. social life

all you do is assume things are bad which usually in normal times they're not

yes there is beaches .. lots of people own dogs .. lot of people drink including me

people in middle east are mainly peacefull beyond imagination " which is the reason of low crime rate "

anyone who actually been in middle east would know that life is safe because people morality

not because of perfect police service for all i know they suck at their job in middle east

but safety comes from people who still think if they do something bad god will punish them

if that's not high moral i don't know what is

don't wanna get into politics here about the other matters though

if it is safety i'd say our countryside " in normal times " is more safer than england or france

am merely saying you have no knowledge of middle east cultural .. behavior .. social life

yes there is beaches .. lots of people own dogs .. lot of people drink including me

people in middle east are mainly peacefull beyond imagination " which is the reason of low crime rate "

anyone who actually been in middle east would know that life is safe because people morality

not because of perfect police service for all i know they suck at their job in middle east

but safety comes from people who still think if they do something bad god will punish them

I have never been to the middle east, and truthfully? would actually love to go to explore the history there.....before some of it is destroyed in some parts.

I am not a "tourist area" type.

Here we are told by the muslims that they do not like dogs and that if we went to certain middle eastern countries we would not be welcome walking about in a bikini. Muslims here make it fully known that they are against alcohol and women showing their bare skin. HERE we are told it is part of their culture, so what are we to think when the muslims who have come here are telling us this?

I must say that I have nothing against muslims not drinking alcohol or liking dogs, each to his own, but what you are saying is not common knowledge here. Even tourist magazines will warn us about what to "not" wear and do in "muslim" countries.

My sons girlfriend went to Egypt recently and I jokingly told here to be careful, she said where they were going was safe. As it turned out, it was not, this saddens me and a real shame...but again, what are we to think when this happens and we see on the news daily stories of fighting along with the muslims here telling us about how strict many areas are?

The only way to truly find out is to go there and ignore news reports and stories form those who have come from there, but as I said, my sons girlfriend did go and it did not turn out well.

PS: I am not asking you for an invite to stay at your safe home for 2 weeks, with a comfy bed, coffee and a fry up in the morning how much and is next week too soon.

JOKE..

If it is great then why do you have your location listed as hell?

i know what you mean .. we're looking to take over the world and we've allied our self with the illuminati too

I take that as no you haven't.

If it is great then why do you have your location listed as hell?

because it is hell at the moment

you did notice the (( in normal times )) didn't you ?

charges made against Bruno by the Roman Inquisition:[18]

• holding opinions contrary to the Catholic faith and speaking against it and its ministers;
  • holding opinions contrary to the Catholic faith about the Trinity, divinity of Christ, and Incarnation;
  • holding opinions contrary to the Catholic faith pertaining to Jesus as Christ;
  • holding opinions contrary to the Catholic faith regarding the virginity of Mary, mother of Jesus;
  • holding opinions contrary to the Catholic faith about both Transubstantiation and Mass;
  • claiming the existence of a plurality of worlds and their eternity;

Just holding opinions got you killed.

Im short on time but if you realy want to learn I can explain in details.

First of all Giordano Bruno claim only last dot from your dots. Rest is added in order to make public climate of hatred against Bruno.

Last dot was claim by Bruno and he suffered because of it. But in Holland, Huygens claim same thing and was respected member of society.

Again I will stress out that Holland was Christhian in 17 century.

Also Chatolics were schoolmasters of Europe. Also can developed that further.

Edited by the L

Really?? Mind telling me when this was?

the Church of England? I doubt that they could be ruthless enough to organise someone to march up & down with a few placards, let alone a whole series of wars aross Europe & the middle East.

You've both never heard of the "Crusades"?! Richard the Lionheart?!! Not seen Robin Hood?!!! (Obivously Robin hood himself was fictional, but it was based aorund the time of the Great Crusade)

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

You've both never heard of the "Crusades"?! Richard the Lionheart?!! Not seen Robin Hood?!!! (Obivously Robin hood himself was fictional, but it was based aorund the time of the Great Crusade)

Crusades: 1096-1272

Richard I (Lionheart): 1157-1199

Robin Hood: If he existed, probably c.1200

Church of England: Founded in 1534 by Henry VIII

So I doubt the Church of England was responsible for any of the above. Unless they invented time travel too.

• Like 1

The Church of England in Henry's day was a very different thing. This has happened to most Protestant denominations, but especially them. Indeed, it has also happened to the Catholics.

Crusades: 1096-1272

Richard I (Lionheart): 1157-1199

Robin Hood: If he existed, probably c.1200

Church of England: Founded in 1534 by Henry VIII

So I doubt the Church of England was responsible for any of the above. Unless they invented time travel too.

I didn't mean the actual organisation.... I meant Christianity in England which was always known as the "Church of England".....

I didn't mean the actual organisation.... I meant Christianity in England which was always known as the "Church of England".....

Christianity in England was not the cause of the Crusades so I'm afraid you're new point is still wrong. Crusades were the pope's idea (he lived in Rome if you're wondering - that's in Italy - and was French by birth). In fact most crusaders and leaders were French although other countries certainly contributed.

So no, the Church of England was not responsible for the crusades. Nor was Christianity in England (still different things I'm afraid). You might find this information about the crusades useful to start some research.

Christianity in England was not the cause of the Crusades so I'm afraid you're new point is still wrong. Crusades were the pope's idea (he lived in Rome if you're wondering - that's in Italy - and was French by birth). In fact most crusaders and leaders were French although other countries certainly contributed.

So no, the Church of England was not responsible for the crusades. Nor was Christianity in England (still different things I'm afraid). You might find this information about the crusades useful to start some research.

By the age of sixteen, Richard had taken command of his own army, putting down rebellions in Poitou against his father, King Henry II.[1] Richard was a central Christian commander during the Third Crusade, leading the campaign after the departure of Philip II of France and scoring considerable victories against his Muslim counterpart, Saladin, although he did not reconquer Jerusalem.[3]

Source: http://en.wikipedia....rd_I_of_England

Edited by Coffey

Yes. Well done. Richard I of England was indeed from England...

That still does not validate your claim that the Church of England was responsible for a war hundreds of years before it was formed. Or if we go with your rather spurious definition, that Christianity in England was responsible a series of wars started by a Frenchman living in Rome.

Simple fact is, you plainly only know what films and TV say of the Crusades, not the actual history. Richard I was a relatively minor figure in the long run.

Edited by Setton

Yes. Well done. Richard I of England was indeed from England...

That still does not validate your claim that the Church of England was responsible for a war hundreds of years before it was formed. Or if we go with your rather spurious definition, that Christianity in England was responsible a series of wars started by a Frenchman living in Rome.

Simple fact is, you plainly only know what films and TV say of the Crusades, not the actual history. Richard I was a relatively minor figure in the long run.

All you are doing is pathetically nit picking at what I BLATENTLY meant. That Christianity caused the crusades.... I didn't mena the literal church of England. The English where involved and so was Christianity.... No real difference. No need to be a smart ass... :rolleyes:

All you are doing is pathetically nit picking at what I BLATENTLY meant. That Christianity caused the crusades.... I didn't mena the literal church of England. The English where involved and so was Christianity.... No real difference. No need to be a smart ass... :rolleyes:

If what you meant was blatant, we wouldn't be having this conversation. And it wouldn't have confused people other than me. Regardless of what definitions you care to invent, there is a very real difference between the Church of England (words you used) and Christianity in England (what you apparently meant). Even with what you now say you meant, it's still not true as I said.