Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

most likely religion to be true and not true?

ali smack

I hope I am not offending any religious people here.

But i'm wondering out of all religions, what do people feel is the most likely to be true and most likely to be true?

personally I don't believe any of them are true. But that's just my opinion. What are others opinions?

• Like 1

You no doubt have heard the hoary old fable of the blind men brought to an elephant, each feeling a different parts of the animal, and then each coming back with utterly different versions of the nature of the beast.

I think this story is worth keeping in mind.

• Like 3

It's my opinion that there is symbolic truth and benefit hidden in them all, which has been pushed down and twisted over time and men's hands. Look for what's similar in them all, and that is most likely a hint to what is the truth. All religious texts can be seen as stories to teach ideas. Why were these stories made for so many societies at different places and times in the world? I don't know, but it's probably more effective and beneficial to find the similarities and why, other than the differences and why.

• Like 2

Orthodox Christian myself, but what i will answer is that there are no true religions and false religions. Every religion in the world is true, no matter what lunatics are saying about other religions. There is absolutely no reason to be separated from our fellow human beings due to this cause...we are all humans. Nothing can separate us!!

None.

None.

i havent heard of that religion ;)

do you belive none are true and none are not true lol

I think the phrase 'most likely to be' sums up the whole subject.

Finding a definable truth in any religion is about as likely as locating a strawberry in an Irish stew!

Id say Christianity is most true, with other religions having truths in them. i can respect alot of virtues in other relgions. id say atheism is the only one that doesnt have truth, im sure peeps will argue that its not a religion but they are quite millitant in their evangelism ;)

• Like 1

It's my opinion that there is symbolic truth and benefit hidden in them all, which has been pushed down and twisted over time and men's hands. Look for what's similar in them all, and that is most likely a hint to what is the truth. All religious texts can be seen as stories to teach ideas. Why were these stories made for so many societies at different places and times in the world? I don't know, but it's probably more effective and beneficial to find the similarities and why, other than the differences and why.

Religions throughout history have borrowed stories and traditions from older religions and pagan rites.

• Like 1

Id say Christianity is most true, with other religions having truths in them. i can respect alot of virtues in other relgions. id say atheism is the only one that doesnt have truth, im sure peeps will argue that its not a religion but they are quite millitant in their evangelism ;)

Why do you think Christianity is most true? Just curious ;)

I am of the opinion that like a previous poster said about blind men trying to describe an elephant when they all felt different parts and each one describes something totally different. I think that the great enlightened beings like Jesus, Buddha, etc. All were trying to describe truth to the people and culture in which the belonged. It is my belief that these enlightened beings recognized and understood that they needed to state the truth in terms that would be accepted and understood by the culture in which they lived. So Jesus therefore explained truth in terms the Jews would understand first and foremost. Buddha explained in terms that Hindu's would best understand. But in my opinion they were describing the same thing, just to different peoples in a different way. Imagine that Jesus and Buddha both saw the elephant exactly as it is, but they were leading blind men up to the elephant and attempting to describe the thing to them in terms they could understand, even though they were mostly blind and could not see or truly understand what an elephant is. Imagine trying to describe colors to people who could only see in black and white. This is the great challenge that the great enlightened beings faced, in my opinion of course. ;)

That being said, I agree with a previous poster who said that truth can likely be found in the similarities between the great religious philosophies of the world. And that truth is very difficult to comprehend! Most people in my opinion have so much dust in their eyes that even if the truth were to be marched in front of them in blazing neon colors, they still would not see it as it is.

Edited by Einsteinium
  • Like 2

I think the phrase 'most likely to be' sums up the whole subject.

Finding a definable truth in any religion is about as likely as locating a strawberry in an Irish stew!

With a slice of said strawberry mixed into the stew. What your looking for is the stew with largest slice of said strawberry. If you find the one with a whole berry in it stick with that one.

Atheism doesn't attempt to fit reality into a human centric view. I'd say that is the least likely to be wrong.

Most likely? Any naturalistic, 'God is everything' type of religion.

Least likely? Anything written down in a book that only requires faith to believe it, then again, that technically makes them the 'most likely' since you don't need proof with faith! Dumb.

id say atheism is the only one that doesnt have truth, im sure peeps will argue that its not a religion but they are quite millitant in their evangelism ;)

Of course atheism isn't a religion, by definition. And as should be obvious, how militant people are has zero to do with how much truth there is in what they believe.

I have no set way of believing,i believe something could have created everything we think to be real almost as video game or movie characters are created.Are we even real?Our senses say so,but can we believe our own senses not to lie to us?The stories passed down through time must have some meaning even if we do not understand them,or are they just a script for us to read as we go along?I am not sure of these answers but i do have certain ways of thinking and treating others no matter what,but why do i have these ingrained ways of thought?I am not religious,not from a religious family,i do not give a damn what others think,and modern society makes me sick to my stomach with almost everything it preaches so why do i think the way i do?I do not believe in a heaven or a hell,i believe we are all made of energy and energy never dies.Energy can only be transformed never destroyed.To many questions and no good answers for me,so i just do my own thing lol