Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texting While Walking Banned

AsteroidX

Another one to add to the some of the laws they have there.

It is illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a murder.

You cannot pump your own gas.

All gas stations are full service and full service only.

It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.

It is against the law to "frown" at a police officer.

Car dealerships are forbidden from opening on Sunday.

You may not slurp your soup.

Automobiles are not to pass horse drawn carriages on the street.

It is illegal to delay or detain a homing pigeon.

Spray paint may not be sold without a posted sign warning juveniles of the penalty for creating graffiti.

Handcuffs may not be sold to minors.

http://www.bitoffun.com/stupid_laws_new_jersey.htm

85 bucks for texting while you are out and about walking... jesus. while were at it lets start banning people from listening to ipods while they walk or go for a run or anybody drinking a pop or havin a sammich while theyre walking around too.

• Like 1

Sounds like just another revenue generator for the city.

Just like red light cameras.

• Like 1

I think Ill have to start ducking into the nearest nearest restaurant to make my phone calls.

It's dangerous, people. Not two days ago did I see someone walking down the street tapping away at their iPad (who does that anyway? Texting I get, but an iPad?) and they failed to see a wooden sign on the ground at mid-thigh point, and smack into it they went, much to my amusement. That'll learn them.

• Like 1

If a person is doing two things, I'd rather have them focus on the more important thing. Between walking and texting that would be walking. When I walk and then I have to text for instance, I actually stop and text then continue on, instead of having a complete conversation texting while walking, which people like to do. It basically makes a person blind towards everything but the text conversation.

You wouldn't walk and talk with a police officer right?

You would stop right there and talk to them.

I don't know about you but getting hit by a car or hitting somebody with my car makes me feel like crap.

Yeah the law shouldn't even had to exist but when you look at the state of humanity it makes sense. I consider this law to be the equivalent of a safety warning on a hair dryer(Do not when you are in the bath, do not use to heat bed). It's one of those common sense things but people lack common sense nowadays.

You wouldn't walk and talk with a police officer right?

These days I run and give them the bird.

• Like 1

Considering the amount of people i have seen walk into walls and other people (and a stop sign once teehee), I think this is a great idea. :)

This seems to me to be one of those 'personal responsibility' things, instead they should focus on 'real disruptions' (as they call it in the article) like actual crime, instead of getting easy $85 tickets to fill their pockets with.

• Like 1

I'm not surprised. So many people see the government as omnipotent, which it ain't, not by a long shot.

The govt has no such power to regulate that.

Pretty sure this only affects women. I sure as hell can't walk and text at the same time. Too ******* complicated.

A guy at work was texting his girlfriend while walking on a scaffolding. It had an uneven area and he ended up falling and breaking his tailbone. I asked him if he wanted to do an accident report, but he was so ashamed of having done that he declined. Every break for the next month he would just stand there because it hurt too much for him to sit down. So yeah, guys do it too.