Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic powers: Impossible for humanity

Blueogre2

Greetings forum, today I feel like bringing up the subject of psychic powers and abilities, in order to simplify what I mean by psychic powers I mean any and all so called powers of the mind such as but not limited to, Astral projection, remote viewing, energy healing and manipulation, mediumship, seeing into the future or the past, moving objects with the mind, and reading other people's thoughts. Now that that is out of the way I can begin. Psychic powers are not and I repeat not possible for human beings to learn, or be born with. These powers do not belong to humanity and never have in the past, and unless something drastically changes will never have in the future. Nevertheless I do not deny that such powers can be simulated either by deception or supernatural aid. That is to say that humans can only preform psychic powers either through acts of illusion, or with the "help" of spirits. Furthermore both situations are not desirable for if by deception then it is fraud and if by supernatural agency then it is the result of becoming involved with spirits which always has a detrimental effect on human life. Now that being said I say this not out of any contempt for psychic powers but rather as a statement of truth intended to empower those who may seek such powers and find their journey less then satisfying. There are many who may disagree with me, and to them I would say do the research and look at the phenomena from a objective point of view and you will see that I am right.

• Like 2

Some people do have physic power such as seeing into the future or past. Controlling these powers may be the problem and making them happen when you want.

• Like 1

Greetings forum, today I feel like bringing up the subject of psychic powers and abilities, in order to simplify what I mean by psychic powers I mean any and all so called powers of the mind such as but not limited to, Astral projection, remote viewing, energy healing and manipulation, mediumship, seeing into the future or the past, moving objects with the mind, and reading other people's thoughts. Now that that is out of the way I can begin. Psychic powers are not and I repeat not possible for human beings to learn, or be born with. These powers do not belong to humanity and never have in the past, and unless something drastically changes will never have in the future. Nevertheless I do not deny that such powers can be simulated either by deception or supernatural aid. That is to say that humans can only preform psychic powers either through acts of illusion, or with the "help" of spirits. Furthermore both situations are not desirable for if by deception then it is fraud and if by supernatural agency then it is the result of becoming involved with spirits which always has a detrimental effect on human life. Now that being said I say this not out of any contempt for psychic powers but rather as a statement of truth intended to empower those who may seek such powers and find their journey less then satisfying. There are many who may disagree with me, and to them I would say do the research and look at the phenomena from a objective point of view and you will see that I am right.

So there objective proofs of spirits and not psychic powers i take it?

My problem with claims of psychic abilities goes beyond the fact that they can't be objectively, repeatedly demonstrated in a skeptical environment, although that is a huge problem. Instead my main problem is that the field seems to attract so many airheads and frauds, making the level of noise so high that good sense cannot penetrate it.

There is also a small little issue of mechanics -- how would such abilities actually function? By radio waves? How would our brains be able to do this?

• Like 2

if by supernatural agency then it is the result of becoming involved with spirits which always has a detrimental effect on human life.

I hope you meant that as opinion because many would disagree with you

There are many who may disagree with me, and to them I would say do the research and look at the phenomena from a objective point of view and you will see that I am right.

I do and have looked at what Ive come across and find myself skeptical at the best. But I do have more faith in my own experiences. To think that I or others will see it your way is presuming much.

So there objective proofs of spirits and not psychic powers i take it?

Thats funny coming from someone who advocates Astral Projection and has met spirits several times
  • Like 1

My problem with claims of psychic abilities goes beyond the fact that they can't be objectively, repeatedly demonstrated in a skeptical environment, although that is a huge problem. Instead my main problem is that the field seems to attract so many airheads and frauds, making the level of noise so high that good sense cannot penetrate it.

There is also a small little issue of mechanics -- how would such abilities actually function? By radio waves? How would our brains be able to do this?

Thats just it, these powers have no physical method to operate. They are beyond our ability to preform unless we get help from spirits and they demand far too much in return
  • Like 1

I hope you meant that as opinion because many would disagree with you

I do and have looked at what Ive come across and find myself skeptical at the best. But I do have more faith in my own experiences. To think that I or others will see it your way is presuming much.

Really? I don't think it's presuming much at all. I mean honestly, if psychic powers were within human ability it would be a skill that would be controlled and regulated by the powers that be, furthermore those who had it would be able to make a living working for the government or simply by using their powers to win the lottery. However, if it is like I said then it would be a mysterious force that defies nature that no one would be able to do without help from outside forces. Oh and yes spirits can be helping someone without that person being aware of their pressence, thats what makes them so dangerous

So if the Holy Spirit decides to manifest itself as a tongue of fire above your head, you'd be a believer?

• Like 1

Well in my case it would shake my skepticism.

So if the Holy Spirit decides to manifest itself as a tongue of fire above your head, you'd be a believer?

It might shake my skepticism.
  • Like 3

It might shake my skepticism.

How about a burning feather, which makes a sound like none heard by men before?

....From the air, a sound like none heard by men before.

Crackling thunder, without lightning;

horizon flashes, but no rain.

A feather falls, it catches fire;

No sleep, no slumber;

free us from fear, free us from wonder.

8289509111_b4574d473a_o.jpg

8487535225_44f736d735.jpg

Some people do have physic power such as seeing into the future or past. Controlling these powers may be the problem and making them happen when you want.

Isn't that called 'remembering' or studying history?

How about a burning feather, which makes a sound like none heard by men before?

What's that supposed to be proof of?

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 1

Huh... I have no specific knowledge, but my opinion is that psychic abilities are a possibility, given the quantum nature of everything, that is.

• Like 1

Thats funny coming from someone who advocates Astral Projection and has met spirits several times

More than several, Some are very close friends. I have my proof, but I just thought it odd that you apply one set of criteria for one thing but not the other. It seems odd to say that there can be such thing as spirits but not psychic intuitions. As to the journey. Yes it is quit a large part of my life, and it is a rich practice of self knowledge and development. My ancestors had a person or two in nearly every tribe that was intimately connected to the two worlds. Spirit walker, shaman, whatever you want to call us. It has been a fact of life for all of human history and will remain long after our religions and sciences die. I don't consider it a psychic power though. It's just apart of what we are. Evenchually the frontier of the mind/spirit will open wide up for humanity and it will be those who have traversed the depths that will lead the way weather one believes our experiences are spiritual or neurological. Jesus, Mohammed, the buhdda, and virtually every other prophet or spiritual founder was a spirit walker. Just in different cultural contexts.

Edited by Seeker79

Well I guess so. Quantum mechanics or not, everything is "possible." That's the logical equivalent of dividing by zero.

That was a meteor. There are lots of them up there and they have been falling and makeing that noise or worse long before men were here. That sound has been heard by men before... Even just last April in california.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutter's_Mill_meteorite

That was a meteor. There are lots of them up there and they have been falling and makeing that noise or worse long before men were here. That sound has been heard by men before... Even just last April in california.

The men who heard it that day in Russia had never heard thunder like this before.

"You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel." JC

There are two kinds of fire from heaven. What happened to Sodom and Gomorrah, and what happened to two cities in Japan during WWII.

Only one was a false copy.

A plague of fire from heaven is as close as the clothes we wear.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Maybe it just doesn't work like people think. Information is stored on a genetic level and that information can be passed on between people. People can sense things about other people by smells; why couldn't other information be transferred and then decoded as well? Could be considered telepathy, if proven to be true. Some of the other powers I'm less likely to believe possible but I'd be hard pressed to search because they seem even less plausible.

If more information then we know is recorded through genetics even astral projection in to the past(Think of it like playing an SNES Rom and going back in to a save state type deal) could also be possible.

Although on some like telekinesis, I'd be hard pressed to come up with any ideas on how that could be done. Unless of course an objective look means just deny things we can't understand or blame it on spirits.

• Like 1

We need to realize how alone we are. We don't have the ability to communicate with others in anything but crude, ambiguous, inefficient ways, the main one being language. Maybe body odors communicate a little, but we carefully mask them with chemicals, so it seems that whatever we communicate that way is something we would rather keep to ourselves.

At times we treasure this privacy; we can lead private lives with thoughts no one need know. At other times we desperately want to express feelings we just can't find words for: especially our deeper emotions. "I love you" just doesn't seem to do it so often, or, "I'm so sorry." They seem superficial when our feeling is so much more.

Well I guess so. Quantum mechanics or not, everything is "possible." That's the logical equivalent of dividing by zero.

Quantum mechanics will never produce a square circle.

It will if we change the definitions.

I would add, how can you be sure? Quantum mechanics is pretty weird stuff.

I would add, how can you be sure? Quantum mechanics is pretty weird stuff.

Because a square circle is mutually exclusive, the requirements for a square is incompatible with that of a circle. Invoking quantum mechanics changes nothing.

QM seems to be the new "god of gaps" for some people on this forum.

I agree about QM and the god of the gaps, but I don't think one should every say something is impossible, since its always possible to move the goal posts -- redefine your terms. A square can become a circle in most topologies anyway, including the one we are use to, if you stretch space such as to do it.

OP's close mind makes it impossible to believe in anything. Everything debunk. Illuminati kiss my azz.

I agree about QM and the god of the gaps, but I don't think one should every say something is impossible, since its always possible to move the goal posts -- redefine your terms.

Isn't that a fallacy? If I redefine water to mean air, I can breathe water.
A square can become a circle in most topologies anyway, including the one we are use to, if you stretch space such as to do it.

A square's area is l2

A circle's area is πr2

How would you make a square circle give the same answer for both equations?