Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Vikings (TV series)

Bavarian Raven

I like the viking wife,she does'nt take any crap.

Okay, I couldn't really read the sub-titles in last night's episode. Where did they land the second time they went to England?

Okay, I couldn't really read the sub-titles in last night's episode. Where did they land the second time they went to England?

I dont think they said. I think its just suppose to be a generic coastal Saxon village.

Btw - episode four was awesome. I like the Thing at the end and what went down there. Each episode is getting better. :)

Toward the end, when they were speaking their native language (as opposed to English) I could've sworn I saw something Northumbria, England on the bottom of the screen, followed by translations of their conversation.

• Like 1

Northumbria

i believe it was suppose to be in the kingdom of northumbria

Didn't Northumbria have a mix of Britons and Saxons before the Vikings arrived? The pagan Vikings did to the Christian Saxons what the pagan Saxons did to the Christian Britons. I used the name, "Saxon", loosely. There were several tribes of Germanic invaders.

I have every episode taped on my DVR, I need to put aside time this weekend and enjoy a Vikings marathon this weekend.

• Like 1

Britons were pagans.

That must come as news for Saint Patrick. The Britons were Christians when the Saxons were pagans. Of course, it depends on the place and the time too. There likely were a few closet druids. :ph34r:

I have only caught 2 episodes so far seemed like a good show,now that my favorite character is gone from what was my favorite show might start watching this now haha

Awesome show. The Vikings are brutal.

They definitely were tonight! The British Isles would have been conquered by them were it not for heroes like Alfred the Great and Brian Boru. They saved their lands from pagans just like El Cid, as well as Charles Martel, saved their lands from Muslims. They changed the course of history. Sobieski did the same in Poland. He stopped the Muslims' advance into Christian and European lands. IIRC, his victory was on the auspicious date of September 11. Back to the series, the protagonists faced greater threats from the earl than from the Saxons.

Aside from the fact that Ragnar's wife wouldn't have gone on the raid to England, I have to say I liked last night's episode. I was surprised that Ragnar's brother didn't sell him out, though.

Aside from the fact that Ragnar's wife wouldn't have gone on the raid to England, I have to say I liked last night's episode. I was surprised that Ragnar's brother didn't sell him out, though.

Why would he? The king's an ahole.

He's not the king, though. And the previous friction between the brothers is what led me to assume he'd sell out.

He's not the king, though. And the previous friction between the brothers is what led me to assume he'd sell out.

But it was nice that he didn't. The brother knew the earl wouldn't keep his word. ;)

• Like 1

Yes it was very nice!! Do you know, BR, if this is a series or a mini-series? I hope it goes on for a good long while.

Yes it was very nice!! Do you know, BR, if this is a series or a mini-series? I hope it goes on for a good long while.

I'm not sure... but I hope so! Hopefully it goes on for several seasons, I would love to see a season on Erik the Red and leif Erikson and the new world :D

Anyone know when the episodes re-air? I came into the episode late and wasn't giving it my full attention.

Anyone know when the episodes re-air? I came into the episode late and wasn't giving it my full attention.

Check out the channel's website. THC airs back-to-back episodes too.

Finally began watching this show and it is delightfully awesome.

If I Had A Heart - Fever Ray

• Like 1

is it Ragnar rock or rook? I assume rook hence the bird

Its Ragnar Lothbrok. ;)

I've watched 4 of 6 episodes so far. I love his wife Legartha and the two children.

Two more episodes to go and I am all caught up.