Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tomb Raider (2013)

MysteryMike

Well for those who are looking forward to this game. It's coming out tomorrow for the PC, PS3, and XBox 360. Anyway though here it is.

tombraidercover003.png

Tomb Raider is an upcoming action-adventure platform video game. Published by Square Enix, Tomb Raider is the fifth title developed by Crystal Dynamics in the Tomb Raider franchise. As the first entry in a new Tomb Raider continuity, the game is a reboot that emphasizes the reconstructed origins of the culturally influential lead character Lara Croft. Tomb Raider is scheduled for release on 5 March 2013 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows. It has become the first Tomb Raider game to be given an "M" (Mature) rating by the Entertainment Software Rating Board, and also the first Tomb Raider game to be rated "18+" by Pan European Game Information.

Synopsis

Tomb Raider explores the origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from a frightened young woman to a hardened survivor.

Plot

Setting out to "make [her] mark", Lara travels on the ship Endurance commanded by Conrad Roth. When the ship is struck by a violent storm and split in two, Lara and many other survivors are stranded on an isolated tropical island in the Dragon's Triangle. Lara has to find food and water to survive, fighting off the more dangerous animal inhabitants and trying to trace the other survivors. But a darker threat awaits as she is forced to harden herself against killing people in order to fight a group of malevolent mercenaries who seek to kill her and her companions.

Gameplay

Tomb Raider is an open world game that combines action-adventure, role-playing game elements (including character progression, skills upgrades, side-quests and craft system), platforming, exploration, and survival mechanics. During a Twitter session with fans, Karl Stewart said that the game's campaign will last between 12 and 15 hours. Along with the main story, players will have the chance to do multiple side quests, explore the island, revisit places, and search for challenge tombs. It has also been confirmed that fire will be a major tool in the game along with a bow and arrow and a gun.

Multiplayer

The fourth episode of The Final Hours of Tomb Raider, which went live on YouTube on 8 January 2013, announced that the game would have multiplayer features. The multiplayer mode was created by Canadian video game development studio Eidos Montreal, known for making Deus Ex: Human Revolution. According to the game's developers, there will be three types of games for multiplayer, played in five different maps. Many things available for the single-player campaign, are also added into multiplayer. In each game, there are two enemy teams: Four survivors and four scavengers, and they either try to eliminate the opposite team or attempt to bring medical supplies to certain points in the map. The player can also set traps or activate special features, according to the map the game is set in.

never been a fan of the series however it looks like theyve moved away from trying to sell the game on big boobs, thats a plus. shame i have far too many games on the backburner to give any other games a look at atm.

dead space 3 ftw!!

When I heard about this I freaked! I love Lara and the game! I'm so looking foward to it. I wanna own it soooo badly!!!!!!!

when the tomb raider movie came out, I wondered if angelina jolie would be spending most of her time falling off ledges or banging into walls like she did in the first tomb raider games, but thankfully, they sorted the abominable movement mechanics out in the later games.

the last trilogy, legend-anniversary-underworld weren't bad at all, so i'll be looking forward to watching Ms Croft's charlies bounce around while she shoots the crap out of dozens of endangered and protected animal species.....

:-)

I am not paying $60 for it. I am going to wait on the game until the price goes down.

'Sides, Bioshock Infinite is out the 26th.

• Like 1

non-linear ?

just be prepared for the bugs in the rug

I'm not holding my breath till the nth 'update' patch is officially tested and available

kinda the Crystal Dynamics mode of release tradition

Sigh.

12-15 hours is now standard for "12-15 hours for $60 bucks".....but you can buy an additional 10 hours later on for $40 in 2 installments.

Online passes aren't making things any better, either.

I am patiently awaiting a NON-MMORPG that is epic in scope. And by that I'm talking about an open-world game where if you were to decide to walk from one corner of the world to the opposite, it would literally take you weeks to do so.

In other words, I'm not going to push another $100 bucks into 30-50 hours of gameplay. It's simply not worth it.

eye candy fee .... :lol:

Kingdom of Amalur was a refreshing change though, DLC adds more to the game rather than cheats gamers

Brilliant game, not the best story but it's been a long time since I've actually been so tense I've had to put down the controller and walk away from the tv. The side characters are weak but Lara is brilliant, the game is full of tension and honestly the first game since Mass Effect 3 that I've actually finished.

The Franchise can only go uphill from year, easily the best Tomb Raider game to date and the best game released so far this year.

Contender for game of the year.

Not to mention the cinematic and graphics are absolutely stunning on the xbox, probably even more so on the pc. Only downside was the water at the start of the game.

• Like 1

after obtaining my plat for this title i am happy to state it was a fun and enjoyable one to earn, with mild exception to the multiplayer. The single player was immense and tense all in one. So much so i had to sit and complete the entire 13 hour run in one sitting. The multiplayer however what a bloody farce.

I just got it today and i love it, I dont think ive played a game this fun and challenging in a while. And so far not one bug or glitch, unlike other recent games (cough farcry3).

just dont fall through certain rocks like i did a few times Doctor ^^