Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best/Favorite Game Of 2012

buckskin scout

Three months into '13, and want to know what game gets your vote as the best and/or favorite game of 2012.

I am not the most overplayed gamer around and only game with a 360 console, but from what I have seen thus far of 2012 releases, my vote goes to Far Cry 3 (taken with a grain of salt, not shaken or stirred).

What is your's?

2013 is looking good btw, with Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Splinter Cell Blacklist, GTA V, XCOM, Dark Souls 2, Destiny, Watch Dogs, etc. on the horizons.

• Like 1

with the exception of the last 10 minutes, Mass effect 3. This is by far the best RPG game of last year or the last several years in my opinion. The whole mass effect series rate as top 10 games. If your a true gamer you need to check these games out.

• Like 1

Three months into '13, and want to know what game gets your vote as the best and/or favorite game of 2012.

I am not the most overplayed gamer around and only game with a 360 console, but from what I have seen thus far of 2012 releases, my vote goes to Far Cry 3 (taken with a grain of salt, not shaken or stirred).

What is your's?

2013 is looking good btw, with Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Splinter Cell Blacklist, GTA V, XCOM, Dark Souls 2, Destiny, Watch Dogs, etc. on the horizons.

You forgot the new GTA!

Mass Effect 3 was my favourite game of last year and I also enjoyed playing Halo 4, but I didn't play too many from 2012. I've heard Far Cry 3, Dishonoured, Badlands 2 and a few others were also very good.

• Like 1

with the exception of the last 10 minutes, Mass effect 3. This is by far the best RPG game of last year or the last several years in my opinion. The whole mass effect series rate as top 10 games. If your a true gamer you need to check these games out.

Why didn't you like the ending? I thought it was great. And remember spoiler tags for those who have still to play it.

For me it was Playstation All Stars Battle Royale.

And I know this isn't part of the topic, but I'll say it anyway, that the best game this year will be God of War: Ascension.

• Like 1

You forgot the new GTA!

Its there, tucked right inbetween Blacklist and XCOM.

Mass Effect 3 was my favourite game of last year and I also enjoyed playing Halo 4, but I didn't play too many from 2012. I've heard Far Cry 3, Dishonoured, Badlands 2 and a few others were also very good.

YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary or in this instance, mine varies), honestly I haven't gotten around to playing ME3 yet. But am going to play the whole trilogy through.

The FC3 experience is quite frankly lush and detailed with fleshed-out protagonists. The baddies as far as I am into it are just NPC targets for the most part of course. It is an experience imo.

Haven't played Dishonoured yet.

hmmmm loved borderlands 2, dishonoured and xcom eaaaasssiilly.

Borderlands is pretty fun, and quite abit larger than the first one with alot more missions and areas despite that it is still basically the same game with alot of improvements and more personality. In this one, you basically level out at 50 (in the original it was 35). Can't say it is running for best of the year just yet, but I am just a lowly level 16 commando atm and it feels like I have put way more mileage into the game in this then I did when I beat the original at level 35 or so, and I can't fathom what kinda game I am still in for when I reach the higher levels in the 20s, 30s, and 40s. Whew! This could be a whole lotta Borderlands!

I am on the fence with XCOM basically the fault of that game is the map repetitiveness (and do they ever get larger and intricate in size? I dear hope so). But on the plus side, the missions do get ever increasingly difficult and complex in which there are multiple objectives to be made instead of just killing aliens (such as capturing live aliens, saving as many civilians from death as one can, etc). What really stands out is the strategy aspects put into the game. Definitely a runnerup but depending on the scale of the maps and their intricacy.

Now onto the subject of this December's release of XCOM... is this going to be one of the original games updated for today's gen console or is it a yet untitled XCOM sequel? Anybody know?

Edited by B Jenkins
  • Like 1

Why didn't you like the ending? I thought it was great. And remember spoiler tags for those who have still to play it.

I just didnt care for the ending options that they provided. It seemed rushed and basically the fate of the main character was the same no matter which route you took.

I just didnt care for the ending options that they provided. It seemed rushed and basically the fate of the main character was the same no matter which route you took.

im with you on that i personally think ME3 is a fantastic game but at the end of it i felt everything i did in the previous games didnt amount to much of anything which was a huge let down for me, maybe i expected too much but with the way it was talked about and especially it being the final chapter in shepards story i expected more than what i got. however i havnt played any of the new content since the directors cut or whatever so i know im missing some pretty fun dlc.

Also was it just me or did the game seem alot shorter than ME2? seemed rushed to me not the product itself just the pacing in the story.