Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Email tells feds to make sequester cuts as

Jeremiah65

http://www.washingto...inful-promised/

"The Obama Administration denied an appeal for flexibility in lessening the sequester’s effects, with an email this week appearing to show officials in Washington that because they already had promised the cuts would be devastating, they now have to follow through on that.

In the email sent Monday by Charles Brown, an official with the Animal and Plant Health Inspection service office in Raleigh, N.C., Mr. Brown asked “if there was any latitude” in how to spread the sequester cuts across the region to lessen the impacts on fish inspections." read the article for the rest...

Why do I not find this surprising?

This example is the only one I have found that has been brought forward, but I have a feeling the TSA and DHS got similar instructions.

We have known that the 85 billion was trifling considering the size of the yearly deficit. I also had the feeling they were going to make it hurt as much as possible so as to justify the blank check mentality rather than looking at less painful and effective cuts.

I just have to shake my head...

madness...

We are being played...again.

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 3

They did it on purpose. They agreed on the sequesters if they couldn't make a deal and then both sides refused to compromise. It's seeming that more people are going to have to start agreeing with what I've been saying for years. There are not two political parties with two agendas. There is one government entity pretending to be two to give the american people the illusion that

1. we have choices
  2. that somebody is fighting for us

• Like 4

Email tells feds to make sequester cuts as painful as promised

Of course they did. It's how this administration works.

Edited by Sweetpumper

They did it on purpose. They agreed on the sequesters if they couldn't make a deal and then both sides refused to compromise. It's seeming that more people are going to have to start agreeing with what I've been saying for years. There are not two political parties with two agendas. There is one government entity pretending to be two to give the american people the illusion that

1. we have choices
  2. that somebody is fighting for us

Yep...

ga5074d076.jpg

bb50758422.jpg

cq50634b79.jpg

• Like 3

That one with the sheep is the greatest picture ever!

Isn't this what the republicans wanted to make democrats look bad.

• Like 1

But, I thought Obama's PR guys have already gone out and told people it is not going to be so Bad?

We keep focusing on right and wrong, left and right, the President and Congress and completely miss the fact that our government as a whole is completely disfunctional. There is no shortage of blame but to be fair we each must take a share. We elected them and we allow them to be incompetent in their governance while being experts at deception. Our very survival as a nation depends on being able to see the big picture while we stand in the shadow of a tsunami arguing over who builds the best sand castle. The United States was founded by great and brave men in the age of Enlightenment and may well come to its demise at the hands of petty and spiteful people in the age of Whatever. As with most things in life, that which we take for granted we soon lose. If our leaders can't lead then where are we bound?

• Like 3

Sorry for the repetition, but as Mencken observed nearly a century ago, the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

OMG, the sequester hobgoblin! :w00t:

• Like 1

OMG...it's the sequestration abomination!!

qt512bd124.jpg

I wonder who is behind that mask?

• Like 1

I hear Obama plans on spending 3.5 days next week on the senate floor filibustering over the sequester. This will all be clear in a few weeks how bad we been duped since the payroll tax hikes and the silent raising of the debt ceiling. But itleast I understand why DHS bought bulk ahead of the next best recession.

since the payroll tax hikes

who's been duped? You mean when the TEMPORARY payroll tax cut expired?