Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ron Paul with AR-15 on the 2nd Amendment

Yamato

So the right to wear a seat belt and not get a ticket should be choice. I think this gun issue goes deeper than the 2nd amendment and maybe insurance and law suits play a part. Just my opinion.

So the right to wear a seat belt and not get a ticket should be choice. I think this gun issue goes deeper than the 2nd amendment and maybe insurance and law suits play a part. Just my opinion.

Nobody has a right to drive, so nobody has a right not to do anything in the act of driving either. There are all kinds of rules and regulations on the books for handling a car and handling a gun. Cars are insured because the chances are far higher of accidentally hurting or killing someone with a car than with a gun. If people had their guns out, pointed down the street, every day to get from point A to point B, then the number of accidents would increase dramatically and insurance would be a good idea.

You can't shoot anyone accidentally without facing the legal consequences in court so what's the problem you're trying to insure away? Is there something inherent in our courts that prevents lawsuits where guns are concerned? What is that? Are injuries sustained by firearms removed from our health insurance contracts? The courts, insurance, and law suits already play a part. Maybe you can explain in more detail what you think is missing, and why.

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 2