Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is your dog psychic?

Still Waters

Dogs do amazing things. Anyone who has shared their life with a canine companion will tell you they're the most compassionate and responsive of creatures, often behaving as if they can read our minds, or have some sort of extrasensory perception.

Then there are pets who have made incredible journeys in order to reunite themselves with their owners. So much of what dogs do is baffling to the point of being inexplicable. But can they really be psychic?

http://www.express.c...our-dog-psychic

I don't think they are psychic but I believe they can have altered senses such as the ability to smell at a higher level than humans can

I think dogs are little bit psyhic, becouse i have seen documentaries about dogs traveling thousand of kilometres, to find their owners. My opinion is that owner and the dog has some kind of link, that cant be explained with psyhics laws.

• Like 1

Dogs have an amazing sense of smell. He probably had a stinky owner with a strong scent to follow.

Oh yes, they are, some more than others just like people. My dogs know before we say a word or move a muscle that they are going somewhere. They know who is on the phone but you might think they can hear them, maybe. They get excited when one of their friends are coming over long before they get here, about 5 to 10 minutes before, I'm pretty sure they can't hear the car that far away. These dogs might be an exception but I doubt it, I do think they are exceptionally smart too of course, that might be mommy pride!!!

• Like 1

Anyone ever hear of Rupert Sheldrake? He scientifically proved dogs are psychic long ago. I know my dog is!

My dog was psychic. She always knew when I was hiding in the bedroom form her because I didn't want to share my banana.

Pugs were bred to be psychic. They "scan" every person near their master and where other dogs accept most people a pug will go off barking at some of those people other dogs are OK with. We have questioned our pug's judgment before but she is always right. Even when we think the people are totally nice.

They have very different takes on their environment than we do. I've never felt like my dogs were psychic per se, but I know they memorize their environment perfectly, and notice if anything is out of place, which could make some people believe they have special powers. It's hilarious to see my dogs bark at something a landscaper has moved. I used to get a real kick out of watching one of my dogs make a fuss over a pile of mulch that wasn't there the previous day. Even funnier is to see their reactions to outdoor seasonal decorations around the neighborhood. That drives them wild!

One odd thing I have noticed is that my dog tends to know when I am daydreaming, and when I do it deeply on occasion. Even more interesting, is that he acts the same as if someone is competing for my attention, such as my spouse.

They say dogs can be taught to tell if someone is about to have a seizure, but how they are able to do this, I've yet to read about. Some forms of daydreaming are known to be mild seizures, but I've been daydreaming like this my entire life, and I've been carefully tested for seizures, as well. If someone has had time to dig into this mechanism and how it is believed to work, I'd like to know. I've tried to research the phenomena briefly before, but didn't come up with an answer.

What's even stranger, is my dog seems to be able to detect me daydreaming at a distance, and with my back turned, where he can't see my face or eyes. That's a real mystery to me, but his behavior is so consistent that it's obvious he senses me doing it, somehow. It makes me mad sometimes too, because I'll be having this terrific deep daydream about something, and he'll interrupt it almost every dog gone time, but only if he's in the same room.

Edited by Raptor Witness

I've had that happen many times too. It really is like the dog is aware you are spaced out and wants to bring you back.

• Like 1

I've had that happen many times too. It really is like the dog is aware you are spaced out and wants to bring you back.

I haven't heard that term in awhile, which means I've been in boring company of late. The dogs and wife are the exception..

• 2 weeks later...

Animals in general are very in tune with emotional ques probably because they can't speak. I am not ruling out any other types of telepathy but I know for certain that this is true.