Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Carrie Fisher 'IN' for Star Wars 7

BiffSplitkins

Actress Carrie Fisher has had her share of meteoric rises and falls.

She skyrocketed to fame in her early 20s after portraying Princess Leia Organa in the original Star Wars trilogy of the 1970s and ’80s. Yet she also battled drug abuse during that time, an experience she recounted with a biting sense of humor in her 1987 semiautobiographical novel, Postcards from the Edge.

Disney is going to continue the Star Wars saga, producing movies set to hit theaters starting in 2015. Can you confirm whether you’ll reprise the role of Princess Leia?

Yes.

Read More

Good god she's still only a princess after how long....?

• Like 5

Good god she's still only a princess after how long....?

LOL - I like her quote from the article:

What do you think Princess Leia is like today?

Elderly. She’s in an intergalactic old folks’ home [laughs].

I just think she would be just like she was before, only slower and less inclined to be up for the big battle.

• Like 1

God, I'm looking forward to this series of (never-ending) films even more than the new Star Trek and Superman.

They'd better at least try to follow the Expanded Universe though, or I'll be gutted.

• Like 2

Well, I'll reserve judgement, but with all the possibilities a wide open 'Star Wars' story could be, why do they have to do the re-hash thing?

I loved the original Star Wars, but I don't think I want to see an elderly Han Solo and Princess Leia hobbling around.

How about some imagination creators?

• Like 1

Well, I'll reserve judgement, but with all the possibilities a wide open 'Star Wars' story could be, why do they have to do the re-hash thing?

I loved the original Star Wars, but I don't think I want to see an elderly Han Solo and Princess Leia hobbling around.

How about some imagination creators?

I tend to disagree with that. If it weren't for Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamil and Harrison Ford in the first place, I don't think we'd even be having this discussion on here right now.

I say let them have the first one for old times sake.

• Like 2

Really she's still a Princess even thought her world was blown up, why not a queen? Are Han solo and Princess Laia married, since they were a bad ass couple.

If we follow the EU, Luke, Han, and Leia will all feature in the film, but probably not in major roles. They'll probably be supporting characters (eg, Luke as Head of the Jedi Order) and the story will focus on the children of Han and Leia, and the children of Luke and Mara Jade. While it will be good to see the original cast back, I don't expect them to be major players in the movie. More likely they'll be there as an homage to the origins of Star Wars.

If we follow the EU, Luke, Han, and Leia will all feature in the film, but probably not in major roles. They'll probably be supporting characters (eg, Luke as Head of the Jedi Order) and the story will focus on the children of Han and Leia, and the children of Luke and Mara Jade. While it will be good to see the original cast back, I don't expect them to be major players in the movie. More likely they'll be there as an homage to the origins of Star Wars.

Maybe Luke will be like Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back, riding around on some young jedi hopefuls back, berating him during his training. Later they'll use CGI to make Luke flip around the room like crazy and fight someone.

Edited by MysticStrummer

They'd better at least try to follow the Expanded Universe though, or I'll be gutted.

They're not, from what I heard. They're taking it "in a new direction". :/

They're not, from what I heard. They're taking it "in a new direction". :/

Thank the Maker!

Death Star Cantina courtesy of Eddie Izzard...... (if you're not familiar with Eddie, he does use adult language sometimes but not nearly as much as the foul-mouthed "comedians" we have here in the US)

I love this kinda stuff, whether they stay loyal to the old direction or go in some new direction is all okay with me just so long as they do it.

• Like 1

She could play Yoga's ghost!

• Like 1

Isnt Carrie Fisher a fat drunk these days?

Maybe they can squeeze her back into that skimpy outfit that she wore when she was chained to Jabba.

... Yoda? :unsure2:

Well she is an old wrinklie!

Well she is an old wrinklie!

Yes, but you said Yoga. He's called called Yoda. :P

• Like 3

Yes, but you said Yoga. He's called called Yoda. :P

Still.. I wouldn't be surprised if Jedi knights did yoga techniques!

Maybe they can squeeze her back into that skimpy outfit that she wore when she was chained to Jabba.

You can do anything with CGI these days...

I just went to the AMC Theatres website to see what's playing at the cinema this weekend and noticed a very curious headline of sorts. Josh Whedon doesn't want Hamill, Ford or Fischer in the new Star Wars. The man has a brain after all!

Just make the movie.

Anybody got any ideas on how we can get more Harry Potter movies?

• Like 1

Just make the movie.

Anybody got any ideas on how we can get more Harry Potter movies?

Oh no .... lets take it slow .... lest you be crying more twilight 'sagas' next

~edit : tone

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1