Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TSA to allow small knives on US flights

Still Waters

The US transport safety authority has said it will allow some small pocket knives aboard US flights for the first time since the 9/11 attacks.

From 25 April, passengers may bring blades shorter than 2.36in (6cm) and narrower than 0.5in in plane cabins.

Fixed blades, razors and box cutters will still be forbidden, the Transport Security Administration (TSA) said.

The change has been criticised by flight attendants, who say it will put passengers and crew at risk.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-21678267

To be honest, this makes sence, the odds that a Yankee flight will be hijacked again with the same results is highly unlikely.

• Like 1

I can bring my knife but I have to leave my water bottle behind right? :huh:

• Like 6

Correct!Your promotion of drinking water instead of milkshakes or cokes is a danger to others!

• Like 1

Throw on a turbin and you can pass thru security with zero delays or checks!

Just eliminate the TSA. Let the airlines run thier own security. Cut wasteful government spending.

• Like 6

Scientific experiment. Go through security with a bag full of small knives and a bottle of water. See which one they have an issue with.

For science!

Edited by Corp
  • Like 3

Like the old saying...nothing like bringing a knife to a gun fight!

Air marshals are armed with guns...not like they couldn't have done this 8 years ago. But what I thought was funny is now you can carry on you hockey sticks, souvenir baseball bats and...this one made me LoL...up to two golf clubs...who would carry on 2 out of 14 clubs? "Oh God I love this driver and this putter...I must keep them with me at all times!"...sorry...the thought made me laugh hard...I know some seriously passionate golfers...but really?

Edited by Jeremiah65

Just eliminate the TSA. Let the airlines run thier own security. Cut wasteful government spending.

Totally, it's the airlines and FAA who actually know what they're doing. They are the ONLY entities who have made ANY viable improvements in airline security and safety!

The TSA and Department of Homeland Insecurity are just a bunch of brain damaged idiots.

• Like 2

Scientific experiment. Go through security with a bag full of small knives and a bottle of water. See which one they have an issue with.

For science!

hmmm im gna say trick question its my deodorant theyre after!

Like the old saying...nothing like bringing a knife to a gun fight!

Air marshals are armed with guns...not like they couldn't have done this 8 years ago. But what I thought was funny is now you can carry on you hockey sticks, souvenir baseball bats and...this one made me LoL...up to two golf clubs...who would carry on 2 out of 14 clubs? "Oh God I love this driver and this putter...I must keep them with me at all times!"...sorry...the thought made me laugh hard...I know some seriously passionate golfers...but really?

The last time I flew over three years ago (I grounded myself in Oct of 2010 after the nude-o-scopes were put in place) the lady sitting next to me had in her carry on, several competition Boomarangs! LOL. In her hands, they were deadly weapons... but apparently they were ok to carry on. LOL.

The TSA and Department of Homeland Insecurity are just a bunch of brain damaged idiots.

And....welcome to the watch list :gun:

• Like 3

Seems sensible. Cockpits are securely locked now right?

how is the TSA going to stay relevent if nobody tries too or does hijack a plane? cut them some slack they got kids to feed. if this dosen't work the blade length will get longer until the problem is corrected.

Edited by MiskatonicGrad

how is the TSA going to stay relevent if nobody tries too or does hijack a plane? cut them some slack they got kids to feed. if this dosen't work the blade length will get longer until the problem is corrected.

lol, you mean untill someone tries too or does hijack a plane?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

To be honest, this makes sence, the odds that a Yankee flight will be hijacked again with the same results is highly unlikely.

To date the TSA hasn't caught a single terrorist.

To date the TSA hasn't caught a single terrorist.

To date, a well-armed, guarded jewelry store with 200 millions dollars in jewels haven't caught a single would-be theif.

So, should we send the guards home?

What might happen then?

Edited by pallidin

Fascinating stuff. I fly a lot (or at least use to -- I may be obliged to retire soon because of my health). Asian airlines seem more efficient at this, or at least have more people so they can get you through the lines faster, although one time in Norita I had an inordinately long wait when they only had one machine working.

I don't think it is just in the US where silly things happen "according to the rules" I mentioned earlier having my toenail clippers confiscated. This happened in Bangkok, and I filled out a form so they could be mailed to me, but I never got them. (English is strange -- here we have a single thing -- finger nail clippers -- that is treated like a plural noun).

I remember one time being asked to turn on my computer, and it wouldn't. After about ten minutes of fussing the guard gave up and told me to go on anyway. This happened in Kansas City.

We unfortunately live in times where things like this are going to steadily increase. It is inconvenient and sometimes stupid, but in general I accept the need.

Edited by Frank Merton

Fascinating stuff. I fly a lot (or at least use to -- I may be obliged to retire soon because of my health). Asian airlines seem more efficient at this, or at least have more people so they can get you through the lines faster, although one time in Norita I had an inordinately long wait when they only had one machine working.

I don't think it is just in the US where silly things happen "according to the rules" I mentioned earlier having my toenail clippers confiscated. This happened in Bangkok, and I filled out a form so they could be mailed to me, but I never got them.

I remember one time being asked to turn on my computer, and it wouldn't. After about ten minutes of fussing the guard gave up and told me to go on anyway. This happened in Kansas City.

We unfortunately live in times where things like this are going to steadily increase. It is inconvenient and sometimes stupid, but in general I accept the need.

To date, a well-armed, guarded jewelry store with 200 millions dollars in jewels haven't caught a single would-be theif.

So, should we send the guards home?

What might happen then?

right..... I forgot... freedom for safety.... It's to keep us safe from those who are the evil doers.

right..... I forgot... freedom for safety.... It's to keep us safe from those who are the evil doers.

I don't think a delay here and some inconvenience there, especially as it is getting less and less as they work out the kinks, is any particular loss of freedom.