Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NY man gets summons for laughing too loudly

BiffSplitkins

ROCKVILLE CENTRE, N.Y. (AP) — A New York man says he didn't know it was a crime to laugh.

Robert Schiavelli of Rockville Centre, on Long Island, was slapped with two summonses for "disturbing the peace."

Police responded to his home on Feb. 12 and Feb. 13 after receiving complaints from his next-door neighbor that his loud laughs could be heard across the driveway.

Read More

I bet there's much more to this story.

• Like 1

Now that is total BS and a waste of the police and judges time. What a joke

• Like 1

his neighbours sounds like complete dbags

yup

The tickets stem from a years-long feud between Schiavelli and his mother, Suzanne, and next-door neighbor Daniel O’Hanian.

O’Hanian regularly taunts and ridicules Schiavelli about his disability, the mother and son allege.

“He tries to intimidate Robert” by calling him “a retard’’ and other names, said Suzanne, 65.

After years of the alleged treatment, Suzanne said her son “has learned to laugh at him.”

The day the summonses were written, “I was making dinner. Our neighbor was in the driveway wiping off his car and sneering at Robert” while he was inside the house, Suzanne explained.

As usual, Schiavelli addressed O’Hanian’s alleged glares with a good chuckle.

“What else are you supposed to do when someone calls you a retard?” asked Schiavelli, who graduated from high school as a special-education student.

O’Hanian’s wife, Virginia, defended the summonses, saying, “The police investigated and found there was cause. I think the police can answer all your questions. I think the police did what they thought was best.”

Her husband, an engineer, didn’t respond to requests for comment.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/it_laughable_sEXykGNgabFDCNlGvdXuBK?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Local

Edited by Iron_Lotus

Imagine the hellfire the cops would have dropped on him if they also caught him with a two liter bottle of coke.

• Like 1

Imagine the hellfire the cops would have dropped on him if they also caught him with a two liter bottle of coke.

...Or more than 7 rounds of ammo in his gun clip. :D

My father and our next door neighbor fueded for years. They were humorous to watch though. When they were out mowing their lawns at the same time my father would 'throw the bird' at our neighbor when his back was turned. Once my father's back was turned, our neighbor would 'throw the bird' at my father. It was pure entertainment to watch this the entire time the lawns were being mowed. They truly hated each other, but they never called the cops on each other.

• Like 2

Maybe he has a really wicked laugh like, em, Mutley in "Wacky Races."post-58664-0-41542600-1362590699_thumb.j

• Like 1

"disturbing the peace." - they want to try living here next to a house with two dogs that constantly bark/howl/yap!

• Like 2

Maybe he has a really wicked laugh like, em, Mutley in "Wacky Races."post-58664-0-41542600-1362590699_thumb.j

Mutley rocks! :nw:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahha !!!!!!!!!!!

Oh....

• Like 1