Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

when people use disability as an excuse to

ali smack

Why do some disabled people use there disability as an advantage to act like a bad person and get away with bad stuff.

It really annoys me. I am all for kindness and care towards disabled folk. But being disabled is never an excuse to act like a jerk.

Or commit crimes.

I just get so sick of people saying "There disabled, it's not there fault" Balderdash! If children act naughty, we don't make excuses. So why do it for someone, just because there in a wheelchair or have learning dificulties. It's different if someone is mad. Then it isn't there fault and they need help and care.

Sorry if I sound like an Ogre but it's something that grinds my gears. It just gives out a bad name for all those nice, decent disabled folk out there!

• Like 1

Disabled people are people! So, they do all the things people do, for instance, using whatever they can to gain an advantage. Some people use their good looks, their youth, their old age, their wealth etc etc.

• Like 8

I do try to go out of my way more for someone that is disabled but I've had people just about run over me in those electric wheel chairs in stores. Some expect you to get out of their way even if you were there first trying to find what you want Wheel chair or not if they get nasty with me I will return the favor.

• Like 2

Disabled people are people! So, they do all the things people do, for instance, using whatever they can to gain an advantage. Some people use their good looks, their youth, their old age, their wealth etc etc.

Guilty as charged. :whistle:

• Like 5

Why do some disabled people use there disability as an advantage to act like a bad person and get away with bad stuff.

It really annoys me. I am all for kindness and care towards disabled folk. But being disabled is never an excuse to act like a jerk.

Or commit crimes.

I just get so sick of people saying "There disabled, it's not there fault" Balderdash! If children act naughty, we don't make excuses. So why do it for someone, just because there in a wheelchair or have learning dificulties. It's different if someone is mad. Then it isn't there fault and they need help and care.

Sorry if I sound like an Ogre but it's something that grinds my gears. It just gives out a bad name for all those nice, decent disabled folk out there!

No that is not different, it explains it, it does not excuse it. Mad people are a danger to not only themselves but everyone and everything. I despise crazy people who try and use that as an excuse to justify their insanity. That in itself is insanity.

There disabled, it's not there fault" Balderdash! If children act naughty, we don't make excuses. So why do it for someone, just because there in a wheelchair or have learning dificulties.

So someone who is mentally disabled should be able, according to you, to function and perform exactly the same as someone who is not mentally disabled? How does that work? lol

I'm sure there are a lot of people who use supposed mental issues as an excuse, but unless you honestly don't believe that mental disability is real (a la Tom Cruise?) then you surely can understand that a DISABILITY means, by definition, that they are not able in the same way as others.

My son is autistic. There are some things he cannot do and there are some ways he cannot make himself behave. A stern word from me or a punishment cannot take away his autism. His behaviors are, in part, determined by his disability.

Do people really not know what disability means?

• Like 2

Or commit crimes.

wow watch your language ma'am, there are children on this site. lol

but ya its pretty annoying, they need to let go of their anger about their disadvantages.

I like putting broomsticks in the spokes of wheelchairs.

We need to talk!

Xavier.jpg

• Like 1

I think perhaps we are talking about the people who think society owes them because of their situation, be it disability or something else. It's these people who display their arrogance that we find difficult to deal with.

• Like 1

I've been in a wheelchair since I was ten and I can see both sides of the coin when it comes to the behavior of disabled folk. I've been subjected to the rude behavior of able bodied people varying from staring to saying rude things like "If I were in a chair I'd kill myself" or "what is wrong with you? You look "too healthy" to be in a chair" to various other things that were non verbal but just as offensive. On the other hand I've always said that having a disability doesn't make you a sweet or nice person, there are jerks in every form of human and disabled people are no different. I think that able bodied people can and are total jerks when they want to be so saying why are some disabled people like that sort of answers your own question. People in general can and will act badly when they want to.

• Like 2

Or commit crimes.

I'm sure that you could come up with a humilitating, derogatory, negative put down for someone in a wheelchair if you tried. Next time they mistreat you say it to them. They will quickly learn that if they make you feel bad you'll make them feel bad.

I've been in a wheelchair since I was ten and I can see both sides of the coin when it comes to the behavior of disabled folk. I've been subjected to the rude behavior of able bodied people varying from staring to saying rude things like "If I were in a chair I'd kill myself" or "what is wrong with you? You look "too healthy" to be in a chair" to various other things that were non verbal but just as offensive. On the other hand I've always said that having a disability doesn't make you a sweet or nice person, there are jerks in every form of human and disabled people are no different. I think that able bodied people can and are total jerks when they want to be so saying why are some disabled people like that sort of answers your own question. People in general can and will act badly when they want to.

Couldn't have agreed more. When I was younger, I admit, I didn't take too kindly to disabled people.

That's because I was young, stupid, and didn't fully understand that all people are different.

Any chance that I have, I try to make up for the stupid things that I've done.

I'm not disabled, but when I was younger, I was thrown through a window and had to stay in a wheel chair for a couple of weeks.

Saw from an entire different perspective, that's for sure.

There are jerks everywhere, no matter what group of individuals you fall under. You just have to learn to deal with them.

Just because someone does things differently doesn't make them any less of a human.

People have to remember that. But people also have to remember that using their own disabilities to get away with things is not okay.

Or commit crimes.

Well I can picture a disgruntled carer saying what did your last servant die from.

But you do have to make allowances despite how bossy they might seen.

It could be conceived that they are taking advantage but some of them are helpless as a newborn child.

The ones you really do need to be wary of are people with Aspergers if I'm the type.

They are perfectly capable of doing stuff but they don't because they feel like their condition entitles them to be lazy.

So they stay indoors as it's their god- given right to avoid social interaction.

^^^Well it does in my case so I need a really good kick up the backside.

However I'm certain there's other Aspies out there who are not so laidback.

So on a whole I don't think anybody with our condition do take advantage with me being an exception.

Tbh it's more complex than a guy in a wheelchair.

Edited by Medium Brown

I have always had general compassion for those with disabilities.

However, I've seen some(and know of one) that pushes the envelope, so-to-speak. That's another story.

But I recall a case when I was in rehab(alcohol), and there was this one dude in there for drug abuse, but had previously shot half his face off in a suicide attempt.

Anyway, we all felt sorry for him at first, but then he decided to bastardize everyone, so most of us stayed away from him.

Edited by pallidin

• 3 months later...

Well I can picture a disgruntled carer saying what did your last servant die from.

But you do have to make allowances despite how bossy they might seen.

It could be conceived that they are taking advantage but some of them are helpless as a newborn child.

The ones you really do need to be wary of are people with Aspergers if I'm the type.

They are perfectly capable of doing stuff but they don't because they feel like their condition entitles them to be lazy.

So they stay indoors as it's their god- given right to avoid social interaction.

^^^Well it does in my case so I need a really good kick up the backside.

However I'm certain there's other Aspies out there who are not so laidback.

So on a whole I don't think anybody with our condition do take advantage with me being an exception.

Tbh it's more complex than a guy in a wheelchair.

I have aspergers syndrome and stay in the house... I've really hurt people emotionally by accident. I just don't want to hurt anyone or get hurt so I hide. I'm not lazy I just don't like hurting people and I'm scared to go outside because I just might do it.

• Like 1

I have aspergers syndrome and stay in the house... I've really hurt people emotionally by accident. I just don't want to hurt anyone or get hurt so I hide. I'm not lazy I just don't like hurting people and I'm scared to go outside because I just might do it.

Welcome to UM, Dragon Lover! Hope you have fun here; there's lots of good people ........ just ignore the not-so-good ones! :lol:

Sometimes you got to pull the disable card when you have to get fare treatment. But my roommates mother uses it to abuse him. I really do hate her. But she has missed up big this time I think his is done.