Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Transgender fighter wants to fight in the UFC

notoverrated

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should she be able to fight women?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Back in the '90s (weird to type that) a boy joined his high school's girls field hockey team. He wasn't the best player on the team. Some of the girls were bigger and stronger than him, which just made it even more embarrassing in most guys eyes. I always wondered why people felt the need to do those kinds of things.

2 reasons people do these things detective attention or dollar signs which also seem to go hand in hand with sports.Danica Patrick finished 8th in a race recently yet stole the show because she was the first woman ever to lead a lap.Heard far more about that than the guy who won the race (I do not consider driving a sport btw).The NFL combine a woman kicker tried out kicked the ball 2 times once for 13 yards another for 19 yards then pulled out because she was hurt.Heard more about her trying out than any other kicker at the combine.I give credit where it is due if a woman comes through the ranks and is crushing records left and right then gets a chance and starts crushing male records i will applaude her.If a woman decides to fight a man in combat sports someday we could see the wrong kind of attention with people calling it brutal and barbaric that this could be allowed in a civilized society for entertainment a man beating a woman senseless.Yet society themselves would only have themselves to blame in the name of equality.

Edited by CrimsonKing

I actually voted Yes. The reason being is because she's on Estrogen therapy which makes it hard to maintain much of her naturally occuring male hormones. Therefore presumably, her ability to build strength should somewhat limited. However, she should be required to submit to hormonal testing to ensure she's not "cheating" on her hormone therapies.

• Like 1

I actually voted Yes. The reason being is because she's on Estrogen therapy which makes it hard to maintain much of her naturally occuring male hormones. Therefore presumably, her ability to build strength should somewhat limited. However, she should be required to submit to hormonal testing to ensure she's not "cheating" on her hormone therapies.

What about the structure of "her" bones and muscles? "Her" skeleton has been masculine since the completion of puberty. "She" likely doesn't have the same muscle fiber as females who are born that gender. I respect your point of view, but this feels wrong to me.