Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did we domesticate dogs or vice versa?

Still Waters

Lilly was my first dog (long ago gone to the 'rainbow bridge'). But, I currently have two collies (Ruby and Rascal) who just love to be patted. In fact, Rascal is of the opinion that he's a 75 pound lap-dog!

She's very photogenic! My wee dog is an embarrassment when on walkies, he is so gullible, loves everyone and wags his tail and gets quite gooey when passing people. Tied up outside the shop, I often return to find a crowd around him ooooing and ahhing. Other dog-walkers greet him like he is a long lost loved one! He completely ignores other dogs, as if they simply don't matter or even exist.

He completely ignores other dogs, as if they simply don't matter or even exist.

Something tells me he's convinced that he's 'King of all Dogs'. Naturally he wouldn't pay any mind to commoner dogs!

if cats were as big as dog, cats would have won the fight

There are cats even bigger than dogs. However, those particular felines are not even remotely domesticated...and for good reason. Instead of supplying food for them we simply are food for them.

Something tells me he's convinced that he's 'King of all Dogs'. Naturally he wouldn't pay any mind to commoner dogs!

I don't know what it is, attention seeking maybe, I wish I could video him!

I meet and greet lots of the same dog-walkers on our daily rounds and he is all "hey Hi! How are you?!" to the person, the other dog can be skipping about happy to see him and wanting to sniff or play, Lewy just doesn't see them!!!

if humanity thinks they are top dogs and the best of the best,king of the kings.for those who have that mentality i will highly rethink that and there are forces dominating humanity lol now that is funny.i love humanity but not what humanity is doing to life and the planet and everything else

if humanity thinks they are top dogs and the best of the best,king of the kings.for those who have that mentality i will highly rethink that and there are forces dominating humanity lol now that is funny.i love humanity but not what humanity is doing to life and the planet and everything else

Oh, yes. This is why I have my very own custom made tin* hat, to keep the beams from the mothership from disturbing my thinking. We must be ever vigilant lest they take over completely and force us to watch "Plan 9 from Outer Space" over and over and over and over ...

* It's actually a cast tin-copper alloy, custom made and polished by artisans. I spare no expense to save myself from alien influence.

i think that dogs and humans have certain common traits, maybe a certain energy that is shared between us and them.

The darlingness of dogs is a definite reason for man´s attachment to them. Children had a lot to do with dogs domestication, parents would bring their children a puppy even in those times thousands of years ago. Lets face it, dogs and humans usually relate in a much better way than humans amongst themselves. There is a common deep understanding and sympathy between dogs and humans even beyond words.

• Like 1

I don't know. I have a beloved dog. I feel pretty darned domesticated by him. I wish he would clean up after my scat, LOL. opps. thinking about it now, No, I take that back.

Edited by regeneratia

I thought it was wheat that domesticated us.

Actually - and I've never openly mentioned tis before because the MIB tend to get irritated when I do - we were domesticated by dogs who were influenced by a highly intelligent shade of maroon. Or was it chartreuse? I can't recall.