Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rand Paul filibustering

F3SS

Dont drone me bro

• Like 4

Hey Yatmotto,

He has the right to act against any threat against the states of America according too the National Defense Authorizing Act. So yes its constitutional according to congress and the Supreme Court ( although that doesn't count for much) thought I do see things a little bit more rational than some of my brethren on here.. I am not saying; I agree with drones in any shape or form I am just saying congress agreed the president had this right to use drones on any threat to American soil. SO constitutionally speaking yest its his right

I however do not agree that this is really constitutional do you get my drift Yatmotto.

Can never explain things when I am tired in the morning ugg

But you have to agree that he did this at the wrong time? IF not grandstand why bring it up at a nomination hearing vote?

IF not grandstand why bring it up at a nomination hearing vote?

I could be wrong but Congressional attendence is notoriously bad for Bills but nominations seem to get them all in the room.

It was my understanding that John Brennan was posed the same questions that Rand found concerning and got similar non-answers and beating around the bush and giving answers such as his stance was the same as the administrations. Well, the administrations answers were abysmal as well. The questioned was poised and answered unsatisfactorily. John Brennan was up for vote for head of the CIA. It's a pretty frickin important position if you ask me and his stance on such issues as killing Americans seems worthy of vetting. Basically it's never a bad time to find out wether or not the government feels it can kill US at will.

When would you say it's a good time to ask such questions? Questioning the president isn't rude. It's a duty and a right.

These people work for US damnit! If things are unclear, especially of this magnitude, then people who work for US asking such questions of other people working for US is just them doing their job. It's still a shame that it took so long for a straight answer though it came in the form of a short snarky letter as if to say how dare you ask such things. Oh well, too bad. We wanted to know. Call it grandstanding if you will but it brought the country to necessary attention.

• Like 6

I can't think of a better use of "grandstanding", if that's what it's called.

Americans are concerned, people want to know how this affects their constitutional rights, Rand Paul's questions were echoing the questions that many of us were asking. The reassurance that "I'll sign it, but don't worry my administration won't execute it" isn't good enough for me and I hope that it's not good enough for many others out there like me. It was nice to get a straight "No" answer after someone cared enough to suffer physically to get this administration to communicate clearly, so in the end it's better described as "time well spent". Thank you, Rand Paul. There's no more important role for government to exist in the first place than to protect our rights. If one man with courage doing that amounts to grandstanding then everything else the Congress does below that is even worse than grandstanding.

• Like 6

There's no more important role for government to exist in the first place than to protect our rights.

Exactly. That was him earning his salary the way it was meant to be earned.

• Like 5

Exactly. That was him earning his salary the way it was meant to be earned.

And living up to his oath of office. :tsu:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

[media=]

[/media]

It seems a lot of people are taking what he said straight up rather than understanding the entire context of his statement about drones. His drone analogy is similar to a cop returning fire on a suspect shooting at him.

It seems a lot of people are taking what he said straight up rather than understanding the entire context of his statement about drones. His drone analogy is similar to a cop returning fire on a suspect shooting at him.

This is why I posted it. To discuss it rather than pass it off as some sort of collective judgement.

The MSM is afraid of Rand Paul, most importantly, Ron Paul and Liberty.

I think were on to them..