Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

north korea's 'pre emptive' strike against US

shrooma

Friendship has forever been achieved through listening, patience and understanding. Offering open dialogue to your perceived threat is the action of a wise individual. The past decade we have witnessed a transformation of how the globe can interact with each other and it's lightening speed. The world wide web has opened doors to countless friendships and continues to do so. Everything happens for reasons and nobody was born into this world wanting to kill another individual. Everything is learned and circumstance. Cause and effect. Peer pressure is sometimes the most effective form of individual enlightenment. I think many know just what growing up with your own personal hero did to mold you as your own unique individual. We all have the same wants, needs and desires as other individuals in foreign countries.... procreate. Some a little, some a lot and some none. In between we party. It's all we want because we're all one. One people. The NK's will come around eventually if western leaders try to be friendly. It's not like NK is EVER going to take over the world. Ain't gonna happen. Besides everybody loves a good party... Everybody.

• Like 3

And fear is fostered by ignorance. It is human to fear the unknown. I have no patience for the need to feed off of it. We see it a hundred times a day on this website alone. We spend so much word count over things we don't know diddly about. Stirring that fear-aid and laughing about the silly little games being played at the same time. We're the unwitting accomplices to the archaic mindset. Get the dander up and let the fur fly.

The best way to defeat one's enemies is to befriend them. To turn people away from focusing on differences to focusing on the common interests that bring us all together. This is so easily possible with anyone from any walk of life or any belief system. This isn't about building Death Stars and having Empire, it's about Jedi mind tricks. Is this always possible? Hell no. But it should be the MO, not the exception.

• Like 1

Do not by-pass the language filter in order to swear at others. Do not insult others in order to goad them into a fight.

Do not by-pass the language filter in order to swear at others. Do not insult others in order to goad them into a fight.

i'd like to refer you to post #37 as to who started goading who.

i'd like to refer you to post #37 as to who started goading who.

Report inappropriate content. Do not resort to by-passing the language filter and using insult laden responses.

Edited by Lilly
addition

some guys move stuff around in warehouses in iraq and we bomb them. for freedom

north korea officially threaten the US with a nuclear attack and torture/oppress the hell out of the people.

eh

If North Korea did launch nukes, wouldn't they go for the nearest large American City? Anchorage in Alaska?

..... the statement was allegedly made by "A SPOKESMAN" I'd like to know if has been translated properly .

Edited by lightly

..... the statement was allegedly made by "A SPOKESMAN" I'd like to know if has been translated properly .

he has lol

And fear is fostered by ignorance. It is human to fear the unknown. I have no patience for the need to feed off of it. We see it a hundred times a day on this website alone. We spend so much word count over things we don't know diddly about. Stirring that fear-aid and laughing about the silly little games being played at the same time. We're the unwitting accomplices to the archaic mindset. Get the dander up and let the fur fly.

The best way to defeat one's enemies is to befriend them. To turn people away from focusing on differences to focusing on the common interests that bring us all together. This is so easily possible with anyone from any walk of life or any belief system. This isn't about building Death Stars and having Empire, it's about Jedi mind tricks. Is this always possible? Hell no. But it should be the MO, not the exception.

That is true, sadly North Korea would rather make threats and keep their people scared and brainwashed than make an honest effort at a lasting peace.

If North Korea did launch nukes, wouldn't they go for the nearest large American City? Anchorage in Alaska?

Given their rockets have trouble making it past Japan I think even trying for Anchorage is little more than wishful thinking. A target in South Korea or Japan would be more within their reach. Of course given that the North Korea leaders seem to think that they'd actually win a war against the South speaks to the level of reality they're dealing with. They might actually think they could hit the US.

However I think this is just them looking for attention during the military exercises that are going on. Flipping out and threatening war is nothing new for them. Once it ends they'll quiet down again...until the next time of course.

• Like 1

Haha my English teacher announced the news that North Korea was planning on bombing us , said she was scared lol

Really the only city that is without a doubt threatened by North Korea is Seoul. And that's due to all the artillery pointed at it. Everything else is doubtful given how iffy the North Korean rockets seem to be.

North Korea would be an foolish to use nuclear weapon on U.S due to mutual assured destruction. It would involve them being completely wiped out with two well placed nuclear missiles, the stranglers that get away would be hunted down by south korea.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

Since you know, please enlighten us. Why did the US feel the need to get involved in a civil war? You make it sound like the N. koreans started a war with the USA.

The UN made Korea two seperate countries (I don't agree with them but they didn't ask me) so it wasn't a civil war but rather one sovereign nation (NK) attacking another sovereign nation (SK). SK was our ally therefore we (and the UN) went to war. Since the NK knew we had troops stationed there and attacked those troops they did indeed start a war with the USA.

Feel enlightened yet. :-*

The best way to defeat one's enemies is to befriend them

History begs to differ. Don't get me wrong. This method is surely the nicer, better way of "defeating" ones enemies and should be tried first. But sometimes decisive action is needed to keep your people safe. Nazi Germany wasnt defeated by "befriending" them afterall...it was defeated by brave men (and women) who fought and died to defeat one of the most evil regimes in history. What tends to defeat one's enemies are brave men (and women) willing to go out and fight (and sometimes die) so that others may live free.

Edited by Bavarian Raven
  • Like 4

It's hard to imagine it happening, but North Korea really could attack Seoul, and no doubt kill a lot of people and do a lot of harm before they were repulsed. I would be surprised if nuclear weapons played a role -- I don't think they really have any that would work in a field situation -- but they have a huge army and a lot of regular weapons that still kill people.

What a tragedy; Seoul is one of the jewels of the world.

The pre emptive strike will come from the rogue nation of North Carolina... ;) We just have to "live with it"....

Fast Forward the video to 16:00

History begs to differ. Don't get me wrong. This method is surely the nicer, better way of "defeating" ones enemies and should be tried first. But sometimes decisive action is needed to keep your people safe. Nazi Germany wasnt defeated by "befriending" them afterall...it was defeated by brave men (and women) who fought and died to defeat one of the most evil regimes in history. What tends to defeat one's enemies are brave men (and women) willing to go out and fight (and sometimes die) so that others may live free.

I couldn't agree more, hitler promised the Soviet Union, or was it France? Anyway he promised them he wouldn't attack them and even said they were going to help them so they signed a peace treaty. The next day he brings the nazis in and bombs the poor country then takes it over. Sometimes negotiation just doesn't work out.

It's hard to imagine it happening, but North Korea really could attack Seoul, and no doubt kill a lot of people and do a lot of harm before they were repulsed. I would be surprised if nuclear weapons played a role -- I don't think they really have any that would work in a field situation -- but they have a huge army and a lot of regular weapons that still kill people.

What a tragedy; Seoul is one of the jewels of the world.

The danger is what the Chinese would do if the US invades North Korea following the strike.

North Korea would be an foolish to use nuclear weapon on U.S due to mutual assured destruction. It would involve them being completely wiped out with two well placed nuclear missiles, the stranglers that get away would be hunted down by south korea.

I don't think nukes would be used. North Korea could be dealt with using conventional weapons. Plus you don't want to p*** off other nations with all the fallout.

I couldn't agree more, hitler promised the Soviet Union, or was it France? Anyway he promised them he wouldn't attack them and even said they were going to help them so they signed a peace treaty. The next day he brings the nazis in and bombs the poor country then takes it over. Sometimes negotiation just doesn't work out.

You're likely thinking of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact between Germany and the Soviet Union where they agreed to divide Poland between them and had a non-aggression pact where each would respect their sphere of influence. Stalin believed that Hitler would keep to his word and when Operation Barbarossa hit they Soviets were completely unprepared.

The danger is what the Chinese would do if the US invades North Korea following the strike.

I actually think that the Chinese would beat the US to the punch. March in, put someone a bit more sane in power, and force them to accept peace terms from South Korea and the US.

• Like 1

I don't think nukes would be used. North Korea could be dealt with using conventional weapons. Plus you don't want to p*** off other nations with all the fallout.

You're likely thinking of the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact between Germany and the Soviet Union where they agreed to divide Poland between them and had a non-aggression pact where each would respect their sphere of influence. Stalin believed that Hitler would keep to his word and when Operation Barbarossa hit they Soviets were completely unprepared.

I actually think that the Chinese would beat the US to the punch. March in, put someone a bit more sane in power, and force them to accept peace terms from South Korea and the US.

yeah that's what I meant :)

Can't we just send Rodman back with a secretly, body implanted C4 explosive, and wait 'till he gives the leader a nice "hug"

"Remote control BOOM"

Just kidding.