Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

anger management courses for bullet buyers

OverSword

From the article:

A Florida legislator wants anyone trying to buy ammunition to complete an anger management program first, in what critics say is the latest example of local lawmakers reaching for constitutionally-dubious solutions to the problem of gun violence.

The bill filed Saturday by state Sen. Audrey Gibson, D-Jacksonville, would require a three-day waiting period for the sale of any firearm and the sale of ammunition to anyone who has not completed anger management courses. The proposal would require ammo buyers to take the anger management courses every 10 years.

“This is not about guns," Gibson said. "This is about ammunition and not only for the safety of the general community, but also for the safety of law enforcement.”

Gibson said she’s concerned with citizens stockpiling ammunition, potentially creating dangerous situations should those individuals ever come in contact with law enforcement agencies or criminals.

“It’s about getting people to think, really, about how much ammunition they need,” Gibson said. “It’s a step, I think, in a safer direction. It’s about getting people to think before they buy.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/06/florida-lawmaker-wants-anger-management-courses-for-ammunition-buyers/?test=latestnews

We've got some real smart people working in our governments don't we.

lol, this AM calss might later turn against you. "oh you wanna buy a gun,ok,, oh wait you took AM clases, no you don't get a gun"

similar as weed tax stamp. back in 1930's. to get stamp you had to bring weed to gvmt office, but by their laws you could not handle weed with no tax stamp. history repeats itself

• Like 1

So then with the same logic are they going to want people to take nutrition course if they want to eat fast food? What about anger managment if you want to buy gas? I mean you can make a fricken explosive device with some gas, a rag, and a bottle.

Personally I think they should start requiring our governement representative to start taking IQ tests to qualify for service. There are to many dangerously stupid people in office.

• Like 3

So then with the same logic are they going to want people to take nutrition course if they want to eat fast food? What about anger managment if you want to buy gas? I mean you can make a fricken explosive device with some gas, a rag, and a bottle.

Personally I think they should start requiring our governement representative to start taking IQ tests to qualify for service. There are to many dangerously stupid people in office.

That sounds ok until you realize that being smart doesn't mean you're intentions are good. Ever here of an 'evil genius'? Anyway, I do agree that this woman is probably only a tad bit smarter than my dog but only because she can speak words.

• Like 3

That sounds ok until you realize that being smart doesn't mean you're intentions are good. Ever here of an 'evil genius'? Anyway, I do agree that this woman is probably only a tad bit smarter than my dog but only because she can speak words.

That may be true but there usually aren't hundreds of evil geniuses looking for public office compared to the thousands of morons that run every year for this office or that.

• Like 1

That may be true but there usually aren't hundreds of evil geniuses looking for public office compared to the thousands of morons that run every year for this office or that.

true but the great thing about America is that I, a nobody, can get up off my couch and go run for an office if I want. But if I'm dumb, don't blame me. Blame the the people I duped into voting for my dumbass. It's not a perfect system but it beats the hell out of people getting into power by bloodlines. Look at North Korea...

That's pretty ridiculous. I doubt it'll go far.

Any police detective will tell you that everyone's a suspect in a crime regardless of a person's nature.

I forget who said it.. but it's very true (especially in this case...) "Never attribute to evil, what can be explained away by simple stupidity"...

• Like 2

I forget who said it.. but it's very true (especially in this case...) "Never attribute to evil, what can be explained away by simple stupidity"...

Hanlons Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Possibily a line taken from Robert Heinlein's "Logic of Empire" : “You have attributed conditions to villainy that simply result from stupidity.”

I dont comment on really stupid. But I guess when someone sees a cash cow they look for the plumper kind.