Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stone-Age Skeletons Found In Sahara Desert

Still Waters

Archaeologists have uncovered 20 Stone-Age skeletons in and around a rock shelter in Libya's Sahara desert, according to a new study.

The skeletons date between 8,000 and 4,200 years ago, meaning the burial place was used for millennia.

"It must have been a place of memory," said study co-author Mary Anne Tafuri, an archaeologist at the University of Cambridge. "People throughout time have kept it, and they have buried their people, over and over, generation after generation."

http://www.livescien...-unearthed.html

• Like 2

I wouldnt be surprise if one day we found civilization such as Egypt, Maya, Inca, Sumer in Green Africa area.

Yes the L I would be surprised ether and older than the civilizations you mentioned.

Marcos Antony

In a sense its logic that there was once there.

When you following where civilization is raised. Around rivers...Indus valley,China, Mesopotamia (between two rivers), all the way trough fertile crescent, Anatolia, Levant, Egypt, Crete...then blank......like there is missing part there somewhere in Sahara. Then again in Hispania, Mesoamerica, Peru....Only missing part is west Africa.

And when we consider that Green Africa was once full of lakes rivers. Viola.

Btw Im fan of Octavian.

Edit: And D (the) is silent. :tu:

Edited by the L

Just wait some brave Archaeologist to start diging in right places. When Leaky wanted to dig in West Africa his mentors advice him that he waste his time there. But he knew where to dig because of his intuition. When German proffesor hunted butterfly he almost fall in that canyon and later German geologist went there and written down small report.

Leaky and his wife knew that is right place to dig. No matter what people told.

Even first mummy is mummified in Libya not in Egypt same as later Egyptians mummified their own.

There is some evidence that people domesticated giraffe in north africa 9000 BC and that they ride camel before Indoeuropeans ride a horse.

Then Tenerian, Kiffian.

Neolithic Subpluvial and 5.9 kiloyear event.

Im sure when drought came and Sahara was no longer green that people migrated to Egypt and further.

So in a sense I think that we might look origin of Egyptians in west and central north Africa.

• Like 1

The origins of the Egyptians are somewhat understood and West Africa had nothing to do with it. However, there were anceitn civilization in West Africa. Dhar Tichitt Walata has beena round since at least 1500 B.C, and was a direct anscetor of the famous empire of Ghana. I also seem to remember other clues such as extrmeely ancient pottery and the second oldest boat in the world being found in West Africa, but I don't have much info at my fingertips.

• Like 1

I also seem to remember other clues such as extrmeely ancient pottery and the second oldest boat in the world being found in West Africa, but I don't have much info at my fingertips.

"Africa's oldest known boat" the Dufuna Canoe was discovered near the region of the River Yobe. The Canoe was discovered by a Fulani herdsman in May 1987, in Dufuna Village while digging a well. The canoe’s “almost black wood”, said to be African mahogany, as “entirely an organic material”. Various Radio-Carbon tests conducted in laboratories of reputable Universities in Europe and America indicate that the Canoe is over 8000 years old, thus making it the oldest in Africa and 3rd oldest in the World."

http://wysinger.homestead.com/canoe.html