Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is land growing?

DarkGaia

Land all over the world has grown alot! Like here's an example: A country used to have an area of 9,864, and now it is 23,909. See what I mean? GREAT! Now, imagine 39 years from now, what'll happen? Im estimating at least 74,000 sq miles (^o^) ANYWHO you see my point? Im not sure on some countries, but stay intact with America. Will someone google that? Leave something in a comment and I'll update this.

~DarkGaia

Yeah, it just makes sense. I dont remember the figure of weight how much space rock rains here every now and then, but it's not just one rock or two that keep making our little ball larger day by day, drop by drop. We should really preserve the diversity of our nature and planets, because the less of those, the less water there is in this world. And we need more water if we're gonna keep life on this planet secured, not less. Not much less, at the very least.

Techically the water has to go somewhere. So more than likely tsunamis will accur maybe...

A country used to have an area of 9,864, and now it is 23,909. See what I mean?

Which country is this?

• Like 1

To be honest, I can't spell it on my Wii U. So yeah, sorry xD but it was for 1992-1998 then 2013

Edited by DarkGaia

So you're saying that a country more than doubled its land area in just 6 years???

Can I be first to call BS on this?

• Like 3

wouldn't they be losing land because of sea water increases or whatever

Some of the recent major Earthquakes and Tsunamis dramatically altered low lying coastal areas as far as land mass goes. Even the Mississippi River changes land miles by miles per year one year to the next depending on flooding/drought.

So yeah dont know what specifically OP is referring too but the concept is real

Then theres rising sea levels in general. But that I believe in always a net reduction in low lying areas like Bangladesh.

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

well there may be some things to kick land down a noch and all, but soon it may get too big...

I think you should be able to make the relative amount of water more optimal to growing land masses if you had more plants and life, because isn't it them that chop other prime substances to water? Where does water come from anyhow?