Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Flight In Guam.. This is the UFO i saw ..

ej595

I was on the flight to Guam, and while everyone was sleeping i saw this object level with the plane, and the fade off into the distance.. there was no classic zig zag flight pattern of speed. It just came down and then got surrounded by clouds, but it was so bright, it was hard for it to blend in ... anyway.. any thoughts would be great. Im just a regular guy.

post-48155-0-12526700-1362721280_thumb.j

It looks like a reflection of the interior cabin.

• Like 2

That's a reflection on the glass from the inside of the cabin.......and that's your head in the middle of it.

• Like 3

That's a reflection on the glass from the inside of the cabin.......and that's your head in the middle of it.

That's how I see it

• Like 1

I was on the flight to Guam, and while everyone was sleeping

Oh, that's a shame - no one can verify your story, and the pilots didn't see it, either.

i saw this object level with the plane

No I don't think you did.

and the fade off into the distance..

No I don't think it did - because no 'object' exists - as I think you well know.

there was no classic zig zag flight pattern of speed.

Well, there i won't argue..

It just came down and then got surrounded by clouds, but it was so bright, it was hard for it to blend in ...

No, I don't think so - with all that and its slow speed, all you got was a shot showing a reflection of you and the plane's interior? Why didn't you point your phone at the 'object' instead?

any thoughts would be great. Im just a regular guy.

Well, you got mine.. and as for the 'regular guy'.. I'm not sure you are here with the best intentions, sorry...

That image is clearly you and the aircraft interior reflected in the window.

Thanks for all the responses.. I can assure you its not the interior of the cabin, as most of you who fly will know.. On night flights the cabin lights are off, Secondly, if you look carefully you'll see i the image ( using my phone btw) is right up against the window of the plane. I had a seat right over the wing, theres no flash and if it was the cabin ( which it wasnt ) then the cabin be FAR closer than that imagine portrays. You can even see slight rain streaks in the image also. Im didnt take the shot from a distance as most comments would imply if it was the cabin reflection showing. Also, how does a cloud show OVER the reflection of the 'interior' cabin ? I would have felt like a fool if i wanted to call over the cabin steward to veryfiy my image ... ok .lets pretent she verbally verifies my story ? then what ? .. i post a tale of the cabin girl saying she say it too ?? The only thing i could do was take a shot as quick as i could.

Please look more carefully. Remember, i saw this object drop down.

more interesing side note. I get there are a lots of timewasters out there, but im pretty surprised at the speed at which 'liar' claims have come about. I guess its why people are afraid to show what they have. Just be a lttle more open minded and constructive with the criticism.

Thanks

• Like 1

first rule of UM is debunk.

second rule of UM is find more then one source

third rule of UM is we dont talk about UM

If you can pass those litmus tests youll get supporters.

Looking at the structure of the object everything else aside it does have plane type windows along the side of it. But I will say the wing "shadow" is odd but Im not a photograph person so it could very well be a reflection. It almost seems too clear to be from an airplane window. I always get the crappy seats with these plexiglass windows that I can barely see out of let alone get a picture.

Generally speaking any photographic or video evidence of the paranormal can be faked with tech at this point and that is a dilemma severely hampering any "real" evidence that may appear along the way.

I lived on Guam for 6 years. Let me know how you like it after you've recovered from jet lag. If you're staying a while get SCUBA certified, there's lot of cool shore dives, and you're only 5 hours away from Palau, one of the top dive spots in the world. Hope you have a lot of shorts & t-shirts!

I wasn't calling you a liar, just saying what it looked like to me. It was while I was on Guam that I started experiencing the "paranormal", so I can attest that there are many things around that are outside our usual range of experiences.

Edited by Beany

third rule of UM is we dont talk about UM

that quote is worth more than all the soap we can press out of Brad Pitt. Edited by Jacques Terreur

..., but im pretty surprised at the speed at which 'liar' claims have come about. I guess its why people are afraid to show what they have. Just be a lttle more open minded and constructive with the criticism.

Thanks

To get it off of my chest first: I also think that what you photographed is just a reflection. Just a hunch... your statement above is understandable, but that's how things go here. I don't like it too much myself, but after seeing tons of blurry photographs with the weirdest statements attached to it, people around here start to bite before they say "thank you". And that's understandable as well. If you were looking for attention or publicity, you should have sent your pic to the daily mail..... anyway, Welcome to UM! Edited by Jacques Terreur

Thanks for all the responses.. I can assure you its not the interior of the cabin, as most of you who fly will know.. On night flights the cabin lights are off,

Thanks

Frankly it's impossible to say one way or another what it is.

But as to your statement above, yes, cabin lights are off. But individual reading lights can be turned on by passengers.

Thanks Jacques, I have no problems at all with constructive comments. Thats why i posted it here. Ive no interest in the daily mail etc, since your guaranteed to get mocked unless you present a 100Megapixel photo. I wanted to share on this community because we are all liked minded. Ive never really even posted here before, since im mainly an observer. If someone can help identify how the cloud appears in FRONT of my 'reflection' then i will can delete the photo and put it down to bad optics.

Agreed Poltergeist. Thats what im looking for. Ok.. so my 2 main questions are this..

1: How to explain the cloud in front of my 'reflection'

2: you can almost see the relection of the object on the END of the wing..( i just noticed this )

ps: pls note.. I the system wouldnt allow me to upload the image greater that 250k. so i had to scale it down. I have a 1.4MB orginal image if anyone wants it.

Ok seriously, it looked far to...fluidic in nature to even appear like a craft capable of flight. The image looks distorted, though that could be because of the glass. In saying that, I have heard multiple people say that window's on a plane have to panels of glass, one inside and one on the outside. This also falls in like with you saying the lights were off, the lights look dim which I figure how the cabin would be. Having no lights on a plane would be quite difficult because not everyone would sleep. The lights reflecting on the wing could easily be from the cabin. It could simply be a reflection on the outer window.

So to answer your two questions.

1: If you observe the image, you can easily see that the 'cloud' is in the exact same position as the wing no? So logic would dictate that given the coincidence, that the cloud you see is actually the wind distorting the reflection or slimly a gap in the plane windows. As most common planes do have substantial gapes between window blocks.

2: The lights from the cabin reflecting on the wing.

After I've looked at the picture quite a few times, my opinion is that it is a reflection on the glass. You are either seeing a reversed image of yourself, or the opposite side of the plane.

I may be wrong, but it looks far to disjointed and fuzzy wuzzy to be any kind of flying vessel. It seem's to have no mass, it's perfectly aligned with you. No motion blur or wake or anything. Yes I know aliens might have way more advanced technology than us. But it seems far to implausible. And I'm usually the first to jump at the idea of a UFO

Interesting comments Krypter3. Remember though, my phone is right up against the window, if theres distortion, its should be on the entire picture. The wing itself is perfectly well formed., and this 'distortion' seems to only affect the 'reflection'. But on saying that.. the distortion doesnt explain the clouds being in FRONT of the supposed 'reflection' Im almost sure ( not 100% ) that if i take a shot of myself in the cabin window. The cabin would appear almost like a mirror as my relfection.. not something thats reflecting me from 1/2 mile away - I will attempt a shot like that on my return flight though, to see what it actually would look like,

Interesting comments Krypter3. Remember though, my phone is right up against the window, if theres distortion, its should be on the entire picture. The wing itself is perfectly well formed., and this 'distortion' seems to only affect the 'reflection'. But on saying that.. the distortion doesnt explain the clouds being in FRONT of the supposed 'reflection' Im almost sure ( not 100% ) that if i take a shot of myself in the cabin window. The cabin would appear almost like a mirror as my relfection.. not something thats reflecting me from 1/2 mile away - I will attempt a shot like that on my return flight though, to see what it actually would look like,

Not true in fact, if the window was created with two glass panels. The could be reflecting on each other, or the reflection on the outer glass could be distorted by the inner glass. It is simply a trick of the light and eye. Much like looking through binoculars backwards. Optical Illusion, your comments about the object the only thing being distorted also suggests it is some kind of optical illusion. For me anywho

Not really krypto.. Plane windows are not made of glass. They are made from an acrylic composite. Its not like looking through a concave or convex lense. I fly at least 50,000 miles per year and ive never encountered a window that distorts vision as much as maybe your suggesting. Yes ive seen some scratches and nics on the windows, but it doesnt made someone on ground control look like they are 1,000 miles away, or like a close up 300lb elephant. Obviously for me its not an optical illusion, but help me to understand how the cloud appears in FRONT of the reflection. Ive still not had a suitable answer from anyone on that yet - Let me know if you can see that or not..

It does look like a reflection, or the morning sun or moonlight breaking through the clouds pity its only a photo might of had a better chance to see what it was if you had video footage. :tu:

Edited by CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Nope, reflection, your head in the middle and you can clearly......assuming you will see it....the seats on the opposite side of the cabin.

You can also clearly make out the windows on the opposite side and the over head light arrays. Dude, it's a reflection.

you said everyone was asleep, but now you say a steward was up....

If I saw a flying craft outside of my window of a plane, I would take more then one picture, and most likely video.

It is obviously what everyone else is saying, it is a reflection of the other side of cabin.

You are being so " open minded " your brains are falling out. ( smile, I am being facetious )

It is a reflection of the other side.

Somewhere on this site, a video almost identical to this was posted, and debated, and debunked.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

I can assure you its not the interior of the cabin, as most of you who fly will know..

That's called an 'appeal to authority'.. I fly frequently, both short and long range. The cabin lights *may* be off at night, but that normally only happens when it is late (your image appears to include some remnant light - dusk?) and on a long flight - at this stage we haven't seen the original image plus exif to verify the time.. Besides, if people are using their individual lights, it does light up those areas - the brightness will depend on your camera settings.. as most of you who use cameras will know.. :D

Secondly, if you look carefully you'll see i the image ( using my phone btw) is right up against the window of the plane.

Say what? How precisely do you 'tell' that from the image?

the cabin be FAR closer than that imagine portrays.

'Closeness' is a function of the angle of view - wide lenses can give the effect shown. How have you calculated this 'closeness'? If you identify your phone/model, I'll be happy to do those calculations for you..

how does a cloud show OVER the reflection of the 'interior' cabin ?

Can you point out where you claim it is 'over' the reflection? How have you determined it is not simply the content of the reflection?

I would have felt like a fool if i wanted to call over the cabin steward to veryfiy my image ... ok .lets pretent she verbally verifies my story ? then what ?

Here's an example of what I would do..

"Excuse me - is that something on the ground? I always like to keep an eye on ground lights, cities, etc to know where we are going.."

Would that really make you look foolish? Don't you think the staff *should* know about something flying near the aircraft? Bit of a safety issue, I woulda thort..

The only thing i could do was take a shot as quick as i could.

Your initial post didn't say anything to suggest it was a quick sighting. Quite the contrary, unfortunately.

Remember, i saw this object drop down.

You also said that it stayed level with the plane, hence my comment about it being strange that you wouldn't report that.. I'd have been very concerned..

..I guess its why people are afraid to show what they have.

Sigh. Perhaps 'people' should toughen up. In a world of hoaxers and reflected cabin interiors, we *need* to apply some rigour.. If the sighting makes sense and is well-documented, it should be able to withstand the criticism.

Anyway, how about you post the original (inc exif) somewhere and also identify the type of plane (flight details please, so it can be verified) and the model of your phone, so I can provide you those calculations...

you said everyone was asleep, but now you say a steward was up....

?? LOL ...Thats the biggest laugh ive had today. Appreciated.

Nope, reflection, your head in the middle and you can clearly......assuming you will see it....the seats on the opposite side of the cabin.

You can also clearly make out the windows on the opposite side and the over head light arrays. Dude, it's a reflection.

I guess we all see what we want to see. Cabin crew, my head, overhead lights ..etc etc. :" I know what i saw !!"

PS if someone wants the orginal, feel free to message me. I can email it to you directly. It was taken on a samsung galaxy S3