Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Repeating history

Just Dave

Do you believe that history repeats itself?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think History repeats itself

Hey all!

I was wondering since we had a major war every 60-100 years i want to know what you think? History tends to repeat itself, and we can see clearly see that. Since it was recorded there were many wars on small and huge scale. So i want to know;

What kind of war might happen? ( civil, small, large, global ? )

When it might start? ( Now, tommorow. next month, next year a decade ? )

Who will start it? ( which country will do an event to other country if there will be one ? )

Will it lead to major war? ( On global scale ? )

Do you even think there will be war ? ( No , Yes, why ? )

I want to know people think about such things.

I think that right now with so much unrest all over the world circumstances are approaching boiling point in some countries.

Feel free to share your ideas, theories, facts...

• Like 2

China and Japan could get into one or North Korea and South Korea. There are several places one could start just take your pick.

• Like 3

NK just canceled piece treaty with SK and are threating with total war, because of recent UN sanctions that took place because of nuclear testing.. Ow and i red that chem weapons were used in Syria in todays news. Now we just need Israel to so some stuns and world will explode :s .

• Like 2

I'd like to think that it'd be war between citizens and those in charge (politicians, big corporations) for once, been too long since the last one, 200 years since french revolution and founding of american nation, no coincidence they happened close to one another. 60-100 years. Looking at astrology, there's Uranus squaring Pluto now, it's gaining it's peak of intensity in a year or two, and I'd say it's intense enough start sparking something in a few months perhaps.

Uranus is revolution that stems from an idealistic will to find your more true self, a rebellion to keep and improve your identity. Pluto is the handling of all deep-under issues, all that doesn't usually get clear from the first look. Square aspect between any two planets is a more competitive and energous aspect which often causes collisions... the energy can be benign no matter what planets are handled there, but there's greater potential for upheavals now. The peak will be next month in around 20 days, then three months after that and three months after that. Considering that there's still a lot of unhandled issues at large in this world, biggest of them being few people taking advantage of the rest of us, I'd say it's a very fertile time for a red flower to sprout.

• Like 5

Interesting point you made... people in my country will have the forth civilian all nation protest in next 2 days... There was amazingly put a flag with line of " Rise " on our most known turist attraction, a castle on top of a hill in center of city..There are protests all over Europe agaisnt corruption in banks and governments.. World is loosing it.

• Like 1

Yep, Greece has had some restless riots over the past few years maybe... I dont know if those are still there and how long they been exactly on, but you could see it a lot on the less mainstream news here just a year or two ago. My country shovels them money when there's like 500 000 people here that are already saving on food and medicine because they have no money and the other hand of the administrators throws food to trash or ships it to our neighbor country before it gets spoiled. And now that the borders were opened a few years back here, low-pay workers from ex-soviet EU-country next to us come to take our jobs in lower-pay jobs like especially construction, they do it because the employers like them more because they're better at avoiding taxes and a seemingly (note, emphasis on seemingly) more effective workers for the little time they work before they steal something from the workplace and the contract ends. Then they go to another company to do the same, rinse and repeat. The jobs we used to do. And on the other hand, the right-wing **** government of ours is cutting on public healthcare and not making things easier on the public sector so we're going fast to the USA model where you leave poor people to their own luck and the rich get all the goodies. But it's okay because it's god-given holier-than-anything democracy, makes it all good yes. Tyranny by majority that bother to vote... our voting percentage in the last senate elections was 62% if I recall right, that means almost 40% of the legit voters DIDNT BOTHER. It gives a good view on the attitute here.

We have no people dying on the streets due to lack of money, even the romanian beggars that are shipped here by criminals with big expenses get fed so there, but things aint exactly peachy either... material welfare has increased nicely, but it's far from evenly-distributed, let alone fairly-distributed. If the working class saw things as they are instead of numbing themselves with everything they can get their hands on,I bet there would be blood all over our senate building. But you know, medicate people enough and get them addicted to things and they become sheeps. And the wolves have more sense than to just barge in with what we got now... So GO FINLAND! Yea.. my granddad actually fought in WW2 for our independence... hate to think that he's still alive, seeing how we bend over to anything and anybody now.

• Like 4

Well they are still going on... just media isnt reporting on them much. But i do understand you on topic of those people who come to work in foreign countries taking away jobs from locals... same problem is facing UK and like you said ... they work good and hard until they do something bad and run away... criminals! EU should never come to be and would make things alot more easier like i said in some other thread we didnt gain anything from it but loss..

Yeah, not nearly all of them are bad and I can understand very well they're good people down there too. But them coming to us doesn't really help, no offense to them but it only adds to the little folk's problems.

Sucks i know same problem here...Nah they are all bad :D

I see serious civil unrest in Western Europe between indigenous populations and various others. Initially governments of afflicted countries will violently supress it's own indigenous populations by using police forces. But this will likely anger so many, even those who at this present time don't seem to care about their own country, that there will be mass uprising against governments. Troops will be sent onto streets to replace police, but faced with having to shoot their own people, troops will mutiny and take down governments. I do not know when or what countries, but I also think that other countries may intervene, perhaps to take sides against indigenous populations, and this will then lead to war between states. I believe this will happen, and I believe there will be a bloodbath. I also think that US will make all sorts of threatening noises against what happens in Europe, or more precisely in EU countries from before end of cold war, maybe even take some military action. But internal divisions and hatreds will arise in US and it will be dragged into a series of civil wars within various states. On the sidelines China will smile, and make a move when they think the situation has developed sufficiently in their favour. I see a nuclear exchange between what reamains of US and China. Then, for various reasons, Russia will have to act, most probably first against China with mass nuclear attack, then will need to stabilise the situation in Western Europe. Then we all wait to die of radiation poisoning or starvation, for next big war will be the last one.

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri
  • Like 2

Holy s*** dude you are serious about this ? I really hope your vision doesnt come into reality! That is like worst case scenario. I have a question thou, why do you think Russia will play against China?

Edit: When will this events took place ? You can guess this is all about speculation and prediction thread ( months, years ? ).

Edited by Tesla II

Holy s*** dude you are serious about this ? I really hope your vision doesnt come into reality! That is like worst case scenario. I have a question thou, why do you think Russia will play against China?

Edit: When will this events took place ? You can guess this is all about speculation and prediction thread ( months, years ? ).

Unfortunatley I see this scenario happening within a decade or two. Somebody from Amur area or Vladivostok will answer better about Russia v China. But I will say that China is more than 1,3 billion, and population of all Russian territories East of Urals is only about 28 million in an area many many times size of China. In some places in Russian far East migrant Chinese workers are majority of population. This is not liked. Also fear of Chinese hegemony, that they will become too powerful in the world, in particulary a world which in my scenario has a very weakened US, possibly reduced to a central core of states with open warfare around them. Canada, your time will surely come :)

• Like 1

There are examples of history repeating itself. Just look at attempts to invade Russia in winter.

As for the question of if there will be war, yes there will be. There's wars of various types happening right now across the world. As for a big throw down that involves most of the planet I don't see that happening any time soon. The big players are too invested in trade with each other to start up a major conflict. Of the current hot spots I think the tension between China and Japan is the most troubling, but I'm not sure they're enraged enough with each other to start shooting.

• Like 2

Hey all!

I was wondering since we had a major war every 60-100 years i want to know what you think? History tends to repeat itself, and we can see clearly see that. Since it was recorded there were many wars on small and huge scale. So i want to know;

What kind of war might happen? ( civil, small, large, global ? )

When it might start? ( Now, tommorow. next month, next year a decade ? )

Who will start it? ( which country will do an event to other country if there will be one ? )

Will it lead to major war? ( On global scale ? )

Do you even think there will be war ? ( No , Yes, why ? )

I want to know people think about such things.

I think that right now with so much unrest all over the world circumstances are approaching boiling point in some countries.

Feel free to share your ideas, theories, facts...

Hey bud! This is actually what I study in college it is called the study of International Relations. The answer to your question, however, is not an easy one. There are so many different ideologies and so many different foreign policies that it is very hard to determine when nation states are going to clash. For example, the United States is much more likely to go to war then, for example, Great Britain, because that is just how the framework of our foreign policy has been.

If I were to make an educated guess though I would say Syria and Turkey.

HOWEVER never make assumptions that history will repeat itself. It's our job to make sure that doesn't happen..at least that is what an idealist would say.. haha

Edited by MrY
  • Like 3

Hey MrY... well one thing is for sure this world is very far from ideal and people are not even trying to go that direction... more likely they will repeat certain events that were far from beneficial or good. That is why i made this thread to know how people feel about current events worldwide. I see another ww3 or close to that range of involved countries, people arent getting any smarter i feel they are getting dumber... if we would to make any significant progress we should learn to cooperate with each other first. But we will rather kill each other off, cant help that it is in our nature and that will be very hard to overcome.

Anyway i think NK will most likely provoke a small war with SK, either that or US will do something foolish ( like you said ), but i think that US is very weak right now in sense of military capabilites... yes you have large capacity of nuclear weaponry but too use'em would be well... end of human race and i think that once your military commanders and politicans feel threatned too much i dont think twice that they might go to last resort weapons. US military is getting too much into robotics like UK is following... but since EM weapons were developed i think that is not so much of a good move... I would rather stick to plain infantry and vehicles at least they will think and wont stop to glithes or errors.

If was in Russian commander position/role and i was ordered to attack US on full scale i would first use like i said EM weapons to shutdown well most of US arsenal.. then invade from everywhere.. The day would look like from Red alert 2 intro or from the Red dawn movie...

What i am trying to say is US isnt very defensive in nature more like an aggressor which is vulnerability for someone who might think like i theorized in upper part.

They weird part is i cant picture how scenario would look like from US side... Honestly i think US wouldnt give a damn and would most likely obliterate enemies with missile based weapons..

• Like 1

Big wars? I do not think so. It will be more like many small wars, like a slow cancer. Economics is the battlefield today. Look at how quickly economies go from boom to bust. Political correctness has run amok here in the states and in the EU. PC has allowed for uncontrolled immigration (I have zero problem with immigrants, my grandparents were from Greece and my wife is from South Africa) and the complete legalization of illegals. It weakens us economically and is only happening here in the states to buy future votes.

Collapse an economy and then take over by money. That is my bet. I hear how great things are for China's economy.....too bad the people do not know what real freedom is (and I wonder if they could handle it?).

I do not think the US could handle a huge war like the World Wars today. The media is so liberal I cannot see the people getting behind a cause the magnitude of WWII for instance.

JMO.

• Like 4

I believe we'll be seeing more natural disasters occurring throughout the world this year before any full scale blown out wars. Never has the global atmosphere become so charged, so uncertain and so tenuous as it is now. February 2013 alone was inundated with earthquakes: Japan (6.9), Solomon Islands (8.0), Columbia (7.0), Russia 2/14 - (6.9), 2/16 - Philippines (6.2), 2/6 - New Zealand North Island (6.0).

After that, we started having things falling out of the sky: 2/15 Russia Urals Region - Meteor explodes in the air while shocking many on lookers below, and only hours later earth has its closest encounter with a passing asteroid known as DA14. Later, on this same evening, another bright blue light (fire ball) goes streaking over the San Francisco Bay area...imagine that, all within a 24 hr. period. On 2/16 the following day in Miami, Florida another meteor goes blazing across the sky.

On 2/6/13 - Four volcanoes in Kamchatka, Russia erupted at the same time over a hundred miles apart, 2/9/13 in North East America an enormous blizzard hits - 6th largest snow fall on record in the US, immobilizing millions. On 2/11/13 - Hattiesburg, Miss. with an astounding 15 tornadoes reported on the same day, one after the other. On 2/20 - Powerful snowstorms, tornadoes, Arctic air was moving across the MidWest from Arizona to Illinois. On 2/21 - Sicily and Athens got hit with some violent storms and heavy rains and flooding.

Enough of the weather--I just wanted to point out that this all happened in the month of February alone. Also, the Pope stepped down, what's next?

The Middle East will probably be the main place we'll have to watch. I believe most of this has to do with the petro dolllars and oil. It seems like the US is picking off one nation at a time in the Middle East. I'm just wondering if the United States is down there just to upset the apple cart, while knowing that any further agressive military moves will eventually draw in the two other main super powers, Russia and China. I'm starting to think that is their real goal. If anything major is going to happen down there, I'd say it'll happen by about 2016. Just my guesses...maybe aliens will be the next thing we can expect to drop out of the sky onto this planet. :nw:

Edited by NiteMarcher
  • Like 4

"Those that do not remember History are doomed to repeat it"....

I believe this is a true statement. One of the easiest places to see this is in the modern teachings about our Civil War. It seems quaint and wonderful to say the Civil War was fought over slavery...and that is just not the truth. Lincoln made it an issue well after the war was started to garner support from the northern states when Robert E Lee was kicking their butts.

There are those that will tell you that we need a major war. It was only from the ashes of WW2 that America rose to it's power. The rest of the industrialized world was in ruin...it had been flattened. We became an economic power purely from the fact there was no competition.

North Korea and South Korea need to have it out all on their own. We, China and Russia need to stay out of it. Where the chips fall, so be it. This is the natural course of things. We won't though....neither will China or Russia. They will manipulate the situation to what they think is to their own advantage.

As far as the middle east....as long as religion carries a card, there will never be peace. It will not be fixed any time soon. I personally have some jaded opinions about it. "IF" Israel is "God's chosen"...then...let them stand or fall on their own. It will do much for the religious idealism if the middle east rises against Israel and they hold their own. Outside "interlopers" will not help answer the question. I say...if Israel is truly the "chosen people"...let them prove it. if they fall...oh well...I guess they weren't so special after all.

• Like 2

Just like to update with saying that US and Isreal are not so friendly anymore and they ( News worldwide ) are now officaly saying that whole Iraq war or desert storm was nothing else than a resourse war, i would say it was the same case with bin laden if there ever was a binladen from afganistan.

Disasters happen. That is just a fact. Part of the problem is that as we have more and more people those disasters will have higher and higher death counts. Modern media insures that every one of those disasters is brought right into our livingrooms and we will hear ALL about it. This will always give the impression that there are more and worse disasters than there used to be. The laws of probability insure that at times there WILL be more than at other times but just like a roulet wheel over time it WILL average out. People live such a short time that we can't see the cycle as it is but through looking at history you CAN get a glimpse.

Nature is random in most things in the short term OR it is truely cyclic in understood ways. A day happens every day because the earth turns. The sun puts out varying amounts of sunspots and light on an 11 year cycle and this in turn has effects here that are understood. BUT they are then used falsely by scientests to benifit from short term panics that they cause by making stupid forcasts based on silly short term data. They do this all the time. Remember the "Hole in the ozone layer"? When was the last time you heard anythiong about it? It closed!! We spent BILLIONS on converting our freon based on a STUPID theory that didn't have a bit of true validity but made a few scientists rich through federal funding. I remember when we were worrying about a possible iceage and NOW it is global warming that's the buggerbear!

One thing that really does seem to be a cycle is people's stupidity and willingness to believe anything that they are told by supsedly knowledgable and trustworthy people in power. This leads to wars and what is called a silly season. It seems to run in a double humped hundred year cycle with another slightly smaller one in the middle. Look at a history timeline and check out the beginings and middle of the centuries. We are right on schedual for another world wide conflict. It seems to happen when people quit talking and understanding eachother. We start getting out openions and thoughts more from a central source than from others and so have a common mob mentality.

Wars start over lies. We were baited into Kiwait with tales of the bad ole Iraqis throwing infants out of incabators so they could be taken back to Iraq...seriously!! We went into Iraq based on a lie that Sadam HAD weapons of mass destruction. We are STILL there based on the lie that you can establish a Christian democracy in an Islamic country. Sorry children but Santa isn't real either.

Part of any big war is a period where the enemy is dehumanized. They are MONSTERS and as good people we HAVE to wipe them out. In order to do this it starts with lots of lies. We are in that stage right now and I expect things to get interesting over the next ten years. I think to a certain extent we have already passed the expected date because of the modern changes in the speed of information transfer. It is harder to demonize someone when you can see pictures of them acting peaceful and hear them saying things contrary to the party line.

The Islamic nations and maybe North Korea are being prepared. More and more all you hear is about the bad people that ARE in deed doing bad things. Imagine if all you heard about America was about the Gang Bangers and the Skin heads/ The greed and forclosures and people being tossed out of their homes by the greedy Imperialest rullers. Believe me they are being prepared just as we are. Sadly wars are how nations try and solve economic problems. Thos economic problems also seem to come in this same hundred year simicycle.

Oh well it does make life interesting I guess...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That is a very good comment Dan and that is exactly why i wanted to know if people think that some events may repeat.

Look at a history timeline and check out the beginings and middle of the centuries.

This is the winner there is big tension in various parts of globe right now, literally waiting to explode Israel/Iran, Nk/Sk and there is Russian annoyance with US missile shield deployment all over the planet, Syria in civil war, soon maybe even US and many other countries. And still so much more bad situations unfolding..

For short there is alot of unrest worldwide at this time.

If korea gets serious or if the israelites our buds get even more serious. But im thinking itll only be a korean war since china made its stand against them a bit. Who knows there are already a ton of conflicts out there so our world is at war.

• 2 weeks later...

"Those that do not remember History are doomed to repeat it"....

I believe this is a true statement. One of the easiest places to see this is in the modern teachings about our Civil War. It seems quaint and wonderful to say the Civil War was fought over slavery...and that is just not the truth. Lincoln made it an issue well after the war was started to garner support from the northern states when Robert E Lee was kicking their butts.

There are those that will tell you that we need a major war. It was only from the ashes of WW2 that America rose to it's power. The rest of the industrialized world was in ruin...it had been flattened. We became an economic power purely from the fact there was no competition.

North Korea and South Korea need to have it out all on their own. We, China and Russia need to stay out of it. Where the chips fall, so be it. This is the natural course of things. We won't though....neither will China or Russia. They will manipulate the situation to what they think is to their own advantage.

As far as the middle east....as long as religion carries a card, there will never be peace. It will not be fixed any time soon. I personally have some jaded opinions about it. "IF" Israel is "God's chosen"...then...let them stand or fall on their own. It will do much for the religious idealism if the middle east rises against Israel and they hold their own. Outside "interlopers" will not help answer the question. I say...if Israel is truly the "chosen people"...let them prove it. if they fall...oh well...I guess they weren't so special after all.

Sorry, I do not believe that history repeats itself cause of peoples knowledge of history. Though I do believe history repeats itself and the main according to me is greed and pride. Greed makes you do stuff that you would never do normally. Pride the phrase "It happened to him but it will not happen to me"