Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Future dentists could regrow missing teeth

Saru

Researchers have found a way to regrow teeth using a combination of human and mouse stem cells.

People may in future be able to have missing or diseased teeth replaced with ones grown from cells taken from their own mouth, scientists have predicted.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Very cool. I first posted about this possibility around 3 years ago. I see the process is advancing.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Quite an interesting story. would be very helpful to me probably sometime in the future.

you can regrow teeth with ultra sound as long as you leave the nerve in after extraction.

No more false teeth, what a concept.

not a bad idea but imagine the teething pain LOL and all the rest that comes with teething.

This is why I want to live forever. Just to see what they will come up with next. Unfortunately, I will probably die the day before they come up with a cure for me.

This news couldn't have come at a better time for me.I've got a possible interview to prepare for and the guys interrogating me don't want to see yellow stubs in my mouth.There's no possibly way of de- yellowing then but I still need a shiny pair of teeth.They want to see my pearly whites has nature intended it.But I still need some painful root canal surgery and some stem cells removing.However I can see a huge waiting list and me doing it privately on Bupa.Time is in short supply though.However I'm glad overall about this new advance making people's teeth looking more presentable.And they are finally using mice for other stuff apart from cosmetics.

Also a pair of dentures in a glass of water will be a thing of the past too..

Edited by Medium Brown

Dentists are so expensive.I am beginning to believe that they can be purged from everyday life.

I want to grow my own teeth, here at home.

if i get all new teeth this time ill really take good care

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool. I first posted about this possibility around 3 years ago. I see the process is advancing.

Your not the only Scot who knew about it at the time.Just look at pages 69-70 of Val Mcdermid's Trick Of The Dark.The protagonist's wife is a dentist who described the procedure.Herein lies a problem but also an inspiration.A meat eater would have to get the right distribution of teeth.So their problem is if these stem cells conjure just molars and pre-molars.So you've got a lifetime's supply of salads to look forward to despite the obvious displeasure.But at least you will be slim.

However a vegan would be happy as a pig in mud if their teeth were all pre- molars and molars.If they can break down the stem cells to their component parts to form individual incisors,molars and pre- molars it'll be a medical breakthrough.However my current teeth can still cut and tear meat up so there's no rush for me to acknowledge the final findings.

Edited by G Donnelly
  • Like 1

Ah—the future shall be most intriguing; these discoveries never cease to amaze me.