Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The woman who is obsessed with rats

Still Waters

A woman has told how she loves rats more than people, including her estranged husband.

Chantal Banks, who stars in an upcoming episode of TLC's My Crazy Obsession, has a total of 19 long-tailed friends - which she describes as children - in her two-bedroom home.

She lets each of the rodents lick her lips, nibble food from her mouth and run across her while she sleeps.

http://www.dailymail...ed-control.html

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• Insaniac

• Mnemonix

• RaisingCain

The fact that her husband's name is Chester, makes me giggle. It sounds like the kind of name you'd call a small rodent :P

• Like 1

She loves her Rats more than her husband? And her son Kevin describes them as his 'siblings?'

Good thing I'm not her husband.

Well, I love dogs but I don't have 19 of them. I don't let them kiss me on the lips, eat food from my mouth, or run over me while I sleep. I also do not refer to them as "children".

I'm very much inclined to think this lady is a few fries short of a McD's happy meal.

I knew someone like that, here, a few year's ago.

Anyway, he had 6 pet rats.

This is NOT a normal story, so please bear with me.

He is a former American vet in the Vietnam war. His 6 buddies were playing poker when they got hit with a mortar round.

His 6 buddies were killed. He survived.

The military re-asigned him to be a gunnery on a helocopter. He got his left arm blown-off during an engagement.

He returrned to the States, in fact the same town I live in, and adopted/aquired 6 rats in memory of his fellow soldiers, and actually named each one for his friends that got killed.

Anyway, all was good for many years, but apparently he "snapped", and was shooting a rifle from his room into the neighborhood.

I was actually driving by as bullets were going through the tree's, and I was stopped by the police to go no further.

Local SWAT was called in, and eventually apprehended him.

He was not charged with attempted murder or anything like that, as he was not trying to kill anyone, and the SWAT team knew about his history. So, SWAT did not use lethal force.

He was/is in a mental hospital here in my state. Not sure what happened to the rats.

Very true story, by the way. It was all over our local TV news, not to mention I saw part of the events.

Edited by pallidin

The fact that her husband's name is Chester, makes me giggle. It sounds like the kind of name you'd call a small rodent :P

My niece's cat is named Chester, all though some of us call him Horse cos he is really HUGE, Chester is definitely a pets name imo.