Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

First town in Britain to ban chewing gum

Still Waters

Milton Keynes is set to become the first town in Britain to introduce a Singapore-style ban on chewing gum.

Anyone caught chewing gum would face an on-the-spot fine under the proposal, which was drawn up after 22 pieces of discarded gum were found in just one square foot of pavement.

Those in favour of introducing the ban point to the cost of removing gum, the nuisance caused by it sticking to people's shoes and the eyesore it creates.

http://www.dailymail...hewing-gum.html

• Like 2

Sitting at the bus stop won't be the same not being able to look down at all the historical chewing gum fused on the pavement.

Makes me want to chew gum.

Pretty stupid solution. Seattle solved this problem already in a more positive fun way. They have a chewing gum wall at Pike's Market. I've left some gum there myself :)

• Like 1

I heartily approve of this news.

Milton Keynes have got a brand spanking new football team.

And now they want brand spanking new pavements.

It's definetly the next best thing after giving pigeons on the spot fines.

You can't actually swallow chewing gum so any spot is as good as any to dispose of it.

What these litter bugs don't realise that chewing gum looks tacky.

So tacky I don't want it anywhere near my person least of all my shoes.

Didn't they learn anything from the tale of Violet Beauregarde?

You don't want your son or daughter as a blueberry!

Edited by Medium Brown

Pretty stupid solution. Seattle solved this problem already in a more positive fun way. They have a chewing gum wall at Pike's Market. I've left some gum there myself :)

Me too!
  • Like 1

A fine way to collect D.N.A. if the Law catches people spitting it out, demand their name,pick up the waste gum and wow you have the start of a data base for future possible identification, if a crime is committed by these irresponsible twerps.

You can swallow chewing gum.

If that's the case why are they littering the place with it.I'm certain somebody said this stuff could get stuck in your windpipe.However I can't see the appeal of chewing it anyway unless you like dried up cardboard.You are just sucking the taste out of it while you twirl it around your tongue.Though tbh it's the bubbles that are a major incentive.

I just don't like them sticking to bus seats,park benches and pavements.You can't just pick them up like normal rubbish.Unless you want to get down on your hands and knees and pick every single one up.However there is a special spray that they demonstrated here in the link.Tbh I think there's better things to suck on than chewing gum.What about a lollipop?Besides they never lose their taste and flavour despite constant lickings.

But I'll have to say chewing gum does freshen your breath though...

Edited by Medium Brown

A fine way to collect D.N.A. if the Law catches people spitting it out, demand their name,pick up the waste gum and wow you have the start of a data base for future possible identification, if a crime is committed by these irresponsible twerps.

Unfortunately that's not too far fetched :P