Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is your most anticipated game(s) of 2013

buckskin scout

Some notables (note, I dont game on the PC or PS3, someone will hopefully offer great anticipated titles from these):

Bioshock Infinite (3/26/13)

Splinter Cell: Blacklist (8/20/13)

Grand Theft Auto V (9/17/13)

Dark Souls 2 (12/31/13)

Watch Dogs (12/31/13)

XCOM (12/31/13)

Destiny (in December according to Gamestop, which day is uncertain)

Brothers In Arms: Furious Four (this game has been called absolutely dreck by the purists of the fine Brothers In Arms franchise as it now gone the way of Borderlands/Inglorious Basterds, I am on the fence with this one too)

This Christmas could amount to a bundle of cash spent for games!

Edited by B Jenkins

This is the ONE piece of modern tech that I really hate having been left behind in.... I loved the old PC games like Doom and Medal of Honor, even Command and Conquer. I feel like an uncoordinated old fart because I never was able to adjust to hand held controllers :( Silly...because I could use a keyboard and mouse just fine. Any suggestions on a super simple controller for such a throwback as myself?

Here is the trailer for Brothers In Arms: Furious Four. Most BIA fans it appears believe it lost all respectability going into this direction.

Metro: Last Light. Now due this year, May I think, hope......

• Like 1

Was Aliens: Colonial Marines, but that turned out to be an absolute turd.

• Like 2

Tomb Raider - Now played it and platinum it, good game but the multi player leaved much to be desired.

Bioshock infinite

The Last Of Us

Watch Dogs

DayZ Standalone

Final Fantasy XIV Reborn

• Like 1

PS3 here. Hopefully I'll be getting a PS4 and Watch Dogs on the same day later this year, so that's probably my most anticipated game right now. Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, Dark Souls 2, and Grand Theft Auto 5 are all must haves. I'm hoping to hear of a PS3 or PS4 version of the DayZ standalone. My next game is Defiance.

Here's a short video on Defiance

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B82S0BbLvps[/media]

There will also be a Defiance TV show which takes place in and around what's left of St. Louis, while the game is set around the San Francisco bay area. Supposedly the game and show will evolve together and effect each other, but we'll see how that goes. The game looks fun and the show looks like it has potential.

• Like 1

Well here is my list.

1. Battlefield 4 Beta (final release in '14)

2. Tomb Raider

3. Crysis 3

4. Last of Us

5. Watch Dogs

6. Destiny

These are the only ones I'm really looking forward to. The Call of Duty series churns out the same old same old every single year, no reason to think this year won't be different. So a COD game is a no buy for me.

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the first 3 Assassins Creeds.

I'm a little skeptical about how Assassins Creed Black Flag is going to play out.

But I am slightly anticipating it.

Even if it's catching a lot of slack.

• Like 1

GTA V

Bioshock: Infinity

Watch Dogs

Last of Us

Pokemon X & Y, I know it's embarrassing but I haven't played Pokemon since the 90s and this new one looks pretty cool. I hate the childlike appearance to it but love the technical training to it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

the walking dead survival instinct, gta v, metro last light.

Everquest Next....although 2013 is very optimistic.

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. I'm not a huge AC fan, but it has pirates. Pirate assassins. Pirates are one of my most favorite things ever, and I've been on a kick with them lately. Might be because I've started on my genderbent cursed Hector Barbossa Halloween costume, because it'll take me from now until then to sew all the pieces and order the hat.

Other than that, FFX/X-2 HD. They've cleaned them both up so much, and it'll give me an excuse to play them again.

Edited for magically leaving out words, hurr durr.

Edited by draugr
  • Like 1

Zelda Wind Waker Wii U is top of my list...

PS4 might even make its debut before the end of 2013 so I am sure their will be a launch title I'll be interested in too.

beware survival Instinct, its super short and super unfinished, ill add super rushed too. ^^

Forsaken fortress:

http://www.forsakenfortress.com/

Looks like it will be really good, especially if they make a multiplayer/co-op.

Looks awesome Coffey, why am I not surprised you are looking forward to a Post-Apocolyptic game though? ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

Looks awesome Coffey, why am I not surprised you are looking forward to a Post-Apocolyptic game though? ;)

Haha, I love that kind of stuff.

There is a serious lack of this type of game. I play Minecraft for my fix usually as nothing else gives me that feel. I love survival stuff.

Haha, I love that kind of stuff.

There is a serious lack of this type of game. I play Minecraft for my fix usually as nothing else gives me that feel. I love survival stuff.

I know what you mean, I love the whole PA world and peoples different interpretations of it from 'Walking Dead' to 'The Road'.

ZombiU is pretty good, very atmospheric, the 'no pausing' and backpack in the gamepad cranks up the tension. But I don't know if you would think its worth getting a Wii U for one title...

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1