Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has anyone ever seen something like this?

CT1993

Ok i wanted to share a possible UFO sighting i had back when i was about 14.

I wanted to share this because i googled it many times because i wanted to know if anyone else has seen this sort of thing but i couldn't find anyone who has except one person who i told the sighting too and they said they seen it too (im not really sure i believe him but anything is possible right?).

Anyways i was spending a few day's at one of my friends house on his reservation and one day we where outside and seen a humungous Rock shaped thing covered in a blue plasma slowly flying overhead.

The only way i could descibe it is as a Asteroid because it was GIGANTIC anyways it slowly came into site, went overhead then slowly went over the mountains. (it was also fairly Low in altitude so low it barley went over the mountains).

We both immediatly looked at each other and asked if we seen the same thing and confirmed that we did. We were ASTOUNDED to say the least.

The thing is the rock was soo Huge that if it hit the earth i know it would have been devistating and would most likely destroy all of BC and maybe even some of our neiboring Provinces and some of the USA who knows maybe even a extinction event. my memorie is a little fuzzy so it's hard to judge the "UFO" now because that was 5-6 years ago but i remember saying it was the size of a couple football feilds in leangth i can't judge the width but i know it was fairly wide too,..... over half the lenght anyways.

Another thing is it was moving VERY slowly, one thing i could note is it was covered in a Blue Plasma type of stuff but it was not blowing around or behind it like a metreor usually does it was just surrounding the rock/UFO .

That is why i think it was a UFO because for one if it was a meteorite/Asteroid it would have made such an impact the whole world would know about it. Also it was moving too slow to be falling to the earth which indicates intelligent control. and 3 the blue plasma surrounded the UFO,........ not like a meteorite which it makes a tail behind it.

The reason why i say meteorite/Asteroid too is because it was so HUGE i do not like calling it a meteorite, and i say Asteroid because of the size of it. I still believe to this day what i seen was a UFO disguised as a Meteorite.

CT

I personally have never seen or heard of anything like that, but maybe someone else can help you out, I hope so. Anyway, good luck and (belated?) welcome to UM.

I personally have never seen or heard of anything like that, but maybe someone else can help you out, I hope so. Anyway, good luck and (belated?) welcome to UM.

lol thanks yea i joined a little over a month ago.

And yes, that's why i posted this because i googled everywhere and couldn't find a single report on it so i figured i would tell people what i seen and see what they have to say about it.

it has facinated me ever since i seen it and ponder about it everytime it crosses my mind. I'd say it was the greatest "UFO" i have ever seen but i have only seen about "3" notable UFO's maybe 10 Tops that were not so significant.

Well, I wish I could help you, but I haven't seen a UFO since I was in high school and iirc it was just a light going overhead...but the reason I doubt it was an airplane or a helicopter is because there was absolutely no noise. Anyway, shortly thereafter I became a Christian and never saw another UFO since (thank God!). Well, I'm going to retire for tonight but maybe talk to you tomorrow or sometime, I'm sure I'll "see" you in the forums. Good night!

I don't usually comment on personal anecdotes but I have some questions that could possibly shed enough light for others to assist in your search for at least a similar experience:

WHERE did this happen? (please provide best estimate of distance from mountain, name of mountain etc.)

Can you narrow down WHEN this occurred? (5 or 6 years ago? How could you forget the exact date you witnessed a potentially extinction level event?)

Can you estimate the time it took from the point the object was directly overhead to when it was above the mountain peak? ( this could establish its mph/kph.)

How have you arrived at your estimate of its size?

(Compared to your hand at arms length, what is the proportional comparison? Holding a: Tic Tac, dime, golf ball, tennis ball, grape fruit, basket ball, beach ball, larger?)

Did the object make any maneuvers or fly in a straight path?

(Aside from its apparent movement slower than free fall, what indicated an agency controlling its progress?)

That's all I can think of for now, thanks in advance and I'm really curious to read your responses!

I don't usually comment on personal anecdotes but I have some questions that could possibly shed enough light for others to assist in your search for at least a similar experience:

WHERE did this happen? (please provide best estimate of distance from mountain, name of mountain etc.)

This happend in Moricetown BC it's a reservation about 30 minutes away from Smithers BC im not familiar with the mountains in the area because i do not frequently go there it was more or less a one time thing. further more this is BC there's so many mountains around here i can't even specify wich one it was.

Can you narrow down WHEN this occurred? (5 or 6 years ago? How could you forget the exact date you witnessed a potentially extinction level event?)

Well i do know that i lived in Smithers at least 6 years ago and this happend before i moved so it could be around 7 years to narrow it down a little more. The reason why i don't remember exactly is because i didn't jus go write down the date or anything and i don't have a journal that i write in (even though i should start one)

Can you estimate the time it took from the point the object was directly overhead to when it was above the mountain peak? ( this could establish its mph/kph.)

estimating this isn't easy because of the years that went by but if i had to i would say it took around 15 seconds from when i spotted it to when it dissapeared out of sight

How have you arrived at your estimate of its size?

(Compared to your hand at arms length, what is the proportional comparison? Holding a: Tic Tac, dime, golf ball, tennis ball, grape fruit, basket ball, beach ball, larger?)

This is a rough estimation i made i only said a couple football feilds because it was soo big i didn't know how else to describe it but i do know if i had my hand right in front of my face i would still be able to see it around my hand (keep in mind im looking in the sky)

Did the object make any maneuvers or fly in a straight path?

(Aside from its apparent movement slower than free fall, what indicated an agency controlling its progress?)

it more or less flew in a straight path

That's all I can think of for now, thanks in advance and I'm really curious to read your responses![/qoute]

I still don't know how to work these stupid qoutes so my reply are Bolded, sorry that i don't have better answers but remember this is a sighting all esimates are rough and theres no way i could be exact but i estimated as close as i can get

have you been watching Skyline?

And no i haven't been watching skyline I haven't even seen that movie you ignorant douchbag.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i seen a huge moon view that have a ring glow around it but not a rock. lmao. its good thing u seen it once.

i think this was probably the moon...

And no i haven't been watching skyline I haven't even seen that movie you ignorant douchbag.

you haven't missed anything....probably the worst movie i've ever seen...shockingly bad.

you think i could of mistaken it for the moon what i discribed is nothing close to the moon.

you think i could of mistaken it for the moon what i discribed is nothing close to the moon.

Hey, at least you didn't see Venus. People that bring up "moon", "Venus" as possible explanation tend not to account for the speed of the object.

Rock shaped mean that the object was asymmetrical is what I am assuming. Did you clearly see the detail of rock-like surfaces?

What is the speed of the object? for example, compared to a passenger jet, is it faster or slower?

• Like 1

no disrespect intended but i've looked into a load of cases where perfectly sane and level-headed people have mistaken the moon for a ufo...from your description it certainly sounds like a possibility....