Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tory friends bleeding the country dry

Guest Br Cornelius

Sorry failed to attach initially - an enlightening read.

Much the same story in our corner of the world - plenty of people evading justice and plenty of people getting rich off the misery inflicted by the Fina Gail shower. Time for some lynchings.

Br Cornelius

I'm not sure you can blame the Tories alone for this but I liked your post because it was an interesting article, Br.

Yes ....... co-ordinated lynchings appear to be the best solution.

• Like 1

Nothing new then really, Br, the world turns and the powerful and richest rape the weakest and poorest.

• Like 3

If you read Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein you will soon realize that this is no coincidence - its a repeating pattern of smash and grab facilitated by the IMF/World Bank structural adjustment strategy. Get a country into debt and then strong arm them into releasing assets to "most favoured capitalists carpet bagers. A more cynical man would guess that it was planned all along.

Br Cornelius

Nothing new then really, Br, the world turns and the powerful and richest rape the weakest and poorest.

They ran out of people to rape and pillage and came looking to their own.

Capitalism eats its own children like a snake eating its own tail.

Br Cornelius

They ran out of people to rape and pillage and came looking to their own.

Capitalism eats its own children like a snake eating its own tail.

Br Cornelius

Give them time, they'll be back ravaging the poorer soon enough.

Same in the USA. Bill gate and Oprah could pay off the US deficit ,and feed the world .

Same in the USA. Bill gate and Oprah could pay off the US deficit ,and feed the world .

Is that really their responcibility? The reason they got rich was because WE made them rich. No one forced you to by that laptop, or install that microsoft programme, or buy Oprahs entire booklist. But because we did they need to pay for government spending?

Is that really their responcibility? The reason they got rich was because WE made them rich. No one forced you to by that laptop, or install that microsoft programme, or buy Oprahs entire booklist. But because we did they need to pay for government spending?

Rich people lobbied to retain their gains - and to have to put less back into society. They didn't do it without the workers and infrastructure of their host country yet they expect not to have to maintain that infrastructure.

Br Cornelius

If you read Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein you will soon realize that this is no coincidence - its a repeating pattern of smash and grab facilitated by the IMF/World Bank structural adjustment strategy. Get a country into debt and then strong arm them into releasing assets to "most favoured capitalists carpet bagers. A more cynical man would guess that it was planned all along.

Br Cornelius

I've read Klein's book :cry:

And this by the same Micheal Meacher of the Nu Labour government that whilst in power de-regulated the banks & promptly handed over 132 billion of tax payers money when it all went 'tits up' (plus a knighthood to Fred the shred.)

Edited by itsnotoutthere

And this by the same Micheal Meacher of the Nu Labour government that whilst in power de-regulated the banks & promptly handed over 132 billion of tax payers money when it all went 'tits up' (plus a knighthood to Fred the shred.)

Would you defend the situation where 0.03% of the population have gained so much at time of such loss for everyone else, isn't that the essential point here ?

As I keep saying to you - i wouldn't seek to defend the actions of the last labour Government.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Would you defend the situation where 0.03% of the population have gained so much at time of such loss for everyone else, isn't that the essential point here ?

As I keep saying to you - i wouldn't seek to defend the actions of the last labour Government.

Br Cornelius

I;m just making the point that Westminster is a club. As i have said previously, anybody who would vote for the three usual suspects & expect any of them to take an interest in the average man in the street, is a fool. As my dear old dad would say 'there isn't a fag papers width between any of them'.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

Br Cornelius

just 0.03% have gained. someone always as to be top of the tree regardless. when in your article it states wealth thats everything from their estate to investments. so its not liquid cash, floating about. - okay, we've bashed the rich. what about the hard done to poor, the poor who when taking out a mortgage. instead of living within their means they took out mortgages of 120% - we can all remember the adverts and some will have witnessed their neighbours/family or friends. buying a house then with the extra credit a new car and why not a holiday or two, living for today and not even thinking or tomorrow. - and then scream blue murder when hard times hit, like its all someone else's fault. the key is dont expect anyone else to support you. sadly those who are being affected are those who are reliant on others supporting them.

just 0.03% have gained. someone always as to be top of the tree regardless. when in your article it states wealth thats everything from their estate to investments. so its not liquid cash, floating about. - okay, we've bashed the rich. what about the hard done to poor, the poor who when taking out a mortgage. instead of living within their means they took out mortgages of 120% - we can all remember the adverts and some will have witnessed their neighbours/family or friends. buying a house then with the extra credit a new car and why not a holiday or two, living for today and not even thinking or tomorrow. - and then scream blue murder when hard times hit, like its all someone else's fault. the key is dont expect anyone else to support you. sadly those who are being affected are those who are reliant on others supporting them.

Diversion tactics.

What has happened is called carpet bagging.

The poor had very little choice in buying those grossly over inflated houses. It was a case of live in massively overpriced rented accommodation or keep up with the spiralling house prices which were been driven up by buy to let investers.

Br Cornelius

Diversion tactics.

What has happened is called carpet bagging.

The poor had very little choice in buying those grossly over inflated houses. It was a case of live in massively overpriced rented accommodation or keep up with the spiralling house prices which were been driven up by buy to let investers.

Br Cornelius

I disagree, many had the same choices I had when buying a house. Me and a friend both bought at roughly the same time, and we were earning roughly the same money at the time too. He bought a 3 bed semi with a drive and nice gardens, even bought a newer car too as he borrowed slightly more then the house was worth at the time, all within a few miles of where we grew up but in a nicer area. I moved 3hrs away from friends and family and bought a 2 bed terraced for 70k, cause I knew I could afford it. He was repocessed last yr, i'm mortgage free now. Point being, we all had choices in the boom, many made poor ones based on greed and lack of foresight.

• Like 2

I disagree, many had the same choices I had when buying a house. Me and a friend both bought at roughly the same time, and we were earning roughly the same money at the time too. He bought a 3 bed semi with a drive and nice gardens, even bought a newer car too as he borrowed slightly more then the house was worth at the time, all within a few miles of where we grew up but in a nicer area. I moved 3hrs away from friends and family and bought a 2 bed terraced for 70k, cause I knew I could afford it. He was repocessed last yr, i'm mortgage free now. Point being, we all had choices in the boom, many made poor ones based on greed and lack of foresight.

There is certainly an element of truth in what you say, and I certainly would be more in your camp than your friends. However I think many were forced into overstretching themselves - especially in the south of England. Many felt they had to buy something before prices ran away with them.

Br Cornelius

The 'top' 0.03% have won when the poor bash each other instead of them. :(

There is certainly an element of truth in what you say, and I certainly would be more in your camp than your friends. However I think many were forced into overstretching themselves - especially in the south of England. Many felt they had to buy something before prices ran away with them.

Br Cornelius

Well i'm from Kent, and the prices were rocketing down there. As you say, many were over stretching themselves, it was a false worry they had though, and it was sad to see, my eldest sister was one of them, almost frantic about jumping on the ladder as she thought that if she didn't she never would. Nothing I said could convince her to either buy somewhere else for now, or if she insists on living near my parents then to stay renting as the bubble will burst within a few yrs....her and her husband have kept their head above water, and kept their house, but they now work every hour there is to do so...yet if she hadn't believed the hype and just held tight it could have been so very different for both of them :(

Br Cornelius

The gifted and those who risk their own capital should see financial rewards. We dont punish them for their success in life as it demotivates them and drives them away as France is currently learning.

Now what the real issue here is you think the poor and the unemployed dont have a good quality of life. With the current economic problems Tory bias towards economic policy is starting to shine through with excessive austerity cuts regardless of damage to growth. Is that an issue which needs addressing? Of course it is but Labour would be know better.

We'd then go from a right-wing bias to a left-wing bias neither of which is any good for the country. We dont have a centre party in the UK so the running of the economy should be taken off politicans and given to politically neutal economists.

The gifted and those who risk their own capital should see financial rewards. We dont punish them for their success in life as it demotivates them and drives them away as France is currently learning.

Now what the real issue here is you think the poor and the unemployed dont have a good quality of life. With the current economic problems Tory bias towards economic policy is starting to shine through with excessive austerity cuts regardless of damage to growth. Is that an issue which needs addressing? Of course it is but Labour would be know better.

We'd then go from a right-wing bias to a left-wing bias neither of which is any good for the country. We dont have a centre party in the UK so the running of the economy should be taken off politicans and given to politically neutal economists.

Its a question of rigging the system to make those rewards disproportionate and in turn to hold down the competition.

Br Cornelius