Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any strange toy occurrences as a kid?

Billpacer

I remember a couple of weird events involving toys that to this day I can't explain. The first one took place in 1985. I bought a 'Dungeons and Dragons' chimera. It was a monster that had a lion and dragon heads. I only had it for a few days when I decided to take to a city park. I remember being in an open field and I was throwing the toy up in the air and catching it. Somehow I missed it and it landed behind me but I couldn't find it. My parents looked but to no avail it just disappeared. Then in 1988 when I was eight, we moved into a new house. There was a small room in the basement that had wall to wall shelving. I had my action figures all lined up standing on a couple of the shelves. We lived there for about a year. Before we moved out,we took an over-night trip to visit my aunt. When we got back, I went down to get some of my toys and was horrified to find that a couple of my toys had there heads busted off.

So anyone experience any strange occurrences with toys while growing up?

I used to have a teddy-bear that would sing the child prayer, when you put it's hands together. I never really played with it much, but I remember it started doing weird stuff after a while.

I'd put it hands together, and the voice would come out distorted and slow, then fast and high-pitched. No problem, its batteries where just dying. So I turned switched it off, and it kept singing in it's creepy distorted tone. I got freaked out and took the batteries out. It started singing them stopped, even after I took them out. So yeah.

Childs Prayer (for those who don't know it):

Now I lay me down to sleep,

I pray dear lord, my soul to keep.

Keep me safe all through the night

And wake me in the morning light.

Amen.

• Like 1

As a kid I wondered if I could do magic. I shredded a small square piece of paper,

screwed it up into a ball, and enclosed it in my fist...

I cast a childishly innocent 'Abracadabra' spell that magic forces would make the paper whole again...

...when I opened my hand...so it was.

• Like 1

I used to have a teddy-bear that would sing the child prayer, when you put it's hands together. I never really played with it much, but I remember it started doing weird stuff after a while.

I'd put it hands together, and the voice would come out distorted and slow, then fast and high-pitched. No problem, its batteries where just dying. So I turned switched it off, and it kept singing in it's creepy distorted tone. I got freaked out and took the batteries out. It started singing them stopped, even after I took them out. So yeah.

Childs Prayer (for those who don't know it):

Now I lay me down to sleep,

I pray dear lord, my soul to keep.

Keep me safe all through the night

And wake me in the morning light.

Amen.

That's kind of creepy, residual charge maybe?

The only toy story I have isn't really paranormal. I was terrified of Chucky as a kid, so one day my Mom comes home and throws a Chucky doll at me, not cool.

• Like 6

That's kind of creepy, residual charge maybe?

The only toy story I have isn't really paranormal. I was terrified of Chucky as a kid, so one day my Mom comes home and throws a Chucky doll at me, not cool.

I actually reffer to that bear as 'The Chucky-bear' :P

I remember a couple of weird events involving toys that to this day I can't explain. The first one took place in 1985. I bought a 'Dungeons and Dragons' chimera. It was a monster that had a lion and dragon heads. I only had it for a few days when I decided to take to a city park. I remember being in an open field and I was throwing the toy up in the air and catching it. Somehow I missed it and it landed behind me but I couldn't find it. My parents looked but to no avail it just disappeared. Then in 1988 when I was eight, we moved into a new house. There was a small room in the basement that had wall to wall shelving. I had my action figures all lined up standing on a couple of the shelves. We lived there for about a year. Before we moved out,we took an over-night trip to visit my aunt. When we got back, I went down to get some of my toys and was horrified to find that a couple of my toys had there heads busted off.

So anyone experience any strange occurrences with toys while growing up?

Kids just lose stuff on occasion. I don't really see anything paranormal about it.

I recall once when I was probably 4-5 years old. I was playing in the yard and buried a couple of army men and completely lost them. I was literally sitting in the same spot and had dug a little hole between my legs, buried them, and then couldn't find them.

I also recall having a dummy hand grenade (usually sold as paper weights) and I threw it into a big pile of sand we had in our yard for some masonry work we were having done our house. I was never able to find it.

As for the action figures - did you have mice in your basement? Could someone have knocked them over and then set them back up hoping you wouldn't notice?

• Like 1

I'm not sure Taniwha's comment is a joke or not but something like that use to happen to me as a kid that boggles my mind now. Like Taniwha said I wanted to see if I could do magic so I took a straight sting and shook it up in my hands. When I took it out there was a small tight knot in the string. The more I did it the more knots were in the string. It happened a few more times. I even showed my classmates and even adults this thing I was doing and they would ask me how I did it and I would say I didn't know. I'm sure they thought it was just some trick but I had know idea how it happened. The older I got the less it happened until it just stopped.

• Like 1

I'm not sure Taniwha's comment is a joke or not but something like that use to happen to me as a kid that boggles my mind now. Like Taniwha said I wanted to see if I could do magic so I took a straight sting and shook it up in my hands. When I took it out there was a small tight knot in the string. The more I did it the more knots were in the string. It happened a few more times. I even showed my classmates and even adults this thing I was doing and they would ask me how I did it and I would say I didn't know. I'm sure they thought it was just some trick but I had know idea how it happened. The older I got the less it happened until it just stopped.

Greetings Godofcats, Im glad to hear Im not the only one who experienced such a thing. It defies belief when it happens and like yourself I

was met by scornful and skeptical adults.

I love this thread , I believe so often as kids our conscience is able to perceive that which is extraordinary, and so, many of us pass through

that gateway into the unexplained and mysterious dimensions of which our life continues to abound in... which may lead us ultimately to

this website to be comparing and sharing these oddball experiences...to make sense of ourselves and our world.

:tsu: To BP for the OP...

• Like 2

Were the cars battery powered Skater Boy? :whistle:

I've had a few odd things with my son's toys playing music by themselves in the middle of the night but have always assumed that was due to the fact they got a severe battering when being played with so the electronics were probably fried!

Were the cars battery powered Skater Boy? :whistle:

I've had a few odd things with my son's toys playing music by themselves in the middle of the night but have always assumed that was due to the fact they got a severe battering when being played with so the electronics were probably fried!

Trust me - electric toys do some freaky **** when their batteries start to die.

Yes, Tickle Me Elmo will go off by himself and sound like a demon.

• Like 3

Trust me - electric toys do some freaky **** when their batteries start to die.

Yes, Tickle Me Elmo will go off by himself and sound like a demon.

You could argue that tickle me Elmo is a demon! :w00t: It's true about the batteries though, when my son was away I heard a really odd clicking noise at 4am coming from his room. I looked around for about 10 mins to see what it was and he'd left his Big trak on...

• Like 1

When I was about 7 years old my doll (a barbie) tried to set my cat on fire. The cat was burned so bad we had to kill it..... my dad took it out to the woods and bashed him into a tree, 4 times really carefuly, and then 11 times REALLY hard.

When I was about 7 years old my doll (a barbie) tried to set my cat on fire. The cat was burned so bad we had to kill it..... my dad took it out to the woods and bashed him into a tree, 4 times really carefuly, and then 11 times REALLY hard.

:no::cry::no:

• Like 1

:no::cry::no:

I remember it like it was yesterday.

They never believed me.... they thought it was me (and not the doll) that burned our cat.

The only toy reference I can remember regarding anything paranormal was when I was around 13 years old. My friend Kristen at the time lived close to where I lived and we would hang out frequently. When they moved in, there was a basement door that was behind a big bookshelf left from a previous tenant and it was locked with a padlock. It was found by accident when her stepmother went to clean the kitchen and rearrange everything. I don't know how (or remember) how they got through the door but the basement was empty besides two old couches and a doll that kinda looked like a combination of Raggedy Ann and a scarecrow. This doll, anytime I helped her stepmom move things downstairs would always be in a different spot of the basement. She could have been playing a joke on Kristen and I, but it sure used to freak us out. It did look pretty creepy...thought I'd share..

The only toy reference I can remember regarding anything paranormal was when I was around 13 years old. My friend Kristen at the time lived close to where I lived and we would hang out frequently. When they moved in, there was a basement door that was behind a big bookshelf left from a previous tenant and it was locked with a padlock. It was found by accident when her stepmother went to clean the kitchen and rearrange everything. I don't know how (or remember) how they got through the door but the basement was empty besides two old couches and a doll that kinda looked like a combination of Raggedy Ann and a scarecrow. This doll, anytime I helped her stepmom move things downstairs would always be in a different spot of the basement. She could have been playing a joke on Kristen and I, but it sure used to freak us out. It did look pretty creepy...thought I'd share..

Shame you can't ask her mum if she was behind it or not. I'm sure that would have freaked me out too!

• Like 1

My mom told me about this as i was too young but when i was about 3 or 4, I had a stuffed dog Mack dog like the big rig trucks hood ornament. One day, I was playing happily with this dog when suddenly, it pinned me down and my mom said my laughter stopped and suddenly I began screaming for her to get it off of me. To this day, I still don't know what I saw or imagined about that stuffed animal....

I recall once when I was probably 4-5 years old. I was playing in the yard and buried a couple of army men and completely lost them. I was literally sitting in the same spot and had dug a little hole between my legs, buried them, and then couldn't find them.

Were they wearing camouflage fatigues? Same happened to me!

He can be snoop poop for all I care.14.jpg

Is there an echo in here?

Edited by DBunker

Murk,

Trust me I would if I could just for fun. I've been out of contact with them for years and years. I still wonder though...

• Like 1

When I was a kid my mom stuck a bunch of dolls on my dresser.These were not the dolls I played with in the basement with my regular toys (a teddybear, and the growing hair doll,and some other friendly ones).The dolls she stuck on my dresser were creepy dolls with hypnotizing moving eyes that stared at me wherever I was at in my room.I HATED them.One night they creeped me out so much that I turned them all around so they faced the wall and would not be staring at me.The next morning when I got up they were turned around staring at me again!

/\ I hate things staring at me or mirrors so I always cover things or turn them around lol I'm a big baby.

When I was a kid I lived in two pubs, the first was pretty peculiar and had an unsettled feeling for want of a better word. I believe you pick these things up more accurately as a child I had no idea many regulars had witnessed a female ghost wandering about occasionally. It was situated on a building site and used to be a coaching inn back in that famed English period. The second half of the building later to be connected to a huge mill that burnt down at some point. It was a very small structure though. Always freezing in the function room in this second part, a big space though so can be attributed that way except in the summer and sweltering days the same deal, so much that we stopped using it due to complaints.

Anyhow, I used to play with cars and whatnot being a kid and all. My favourite was this yellow and black striped one, I'd sometimes leave it on the floor of my bedroom and the next morning look for it and it'd be out of sight. My brother hadn't moved it, parents not been in etc Then someone would come upstairs and ask why I'd put my toy car in the cellar on top of a beer pump or near the loading hatch for the barrels or on the stairs leading down/

I'm not going to say I couldn't have access because out of hours I could easily unlock the latch, my little bro was too young. Though I highly doubt I sleepwalked through three doors and a staircase, especially in the daytime!

This occurred about five times I can remember in three years, at the time I didn't think much of it as a child and my parents didn't ask about it. I found out that a woman died in a fire in the pub when it was part of the mill (after coaching inn days) and that was the only part left standing, the area was a building site (I say that but it was just a junk site) for many years and was converted into houses about eight years back. Very odd and not sure if the spirit activity and supposed teleportation could be linked. My main point if it is supernatural, which I believe it is, how the hell did the toy travel between solid walls and floors lol.

Edited by DancingCorpse
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I remember it like it was yesterday.

They never believed me.... they thought it was me (and not the doll) that burned our cat.

:hmm:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago i had a teddy bear that i SWEAR TO GOD walked and if you look at its stomach... it breathes, no joke. I still have it, but i am still sort of scared of it so it stays in my parents room. Sometimes when i am alone in my room (which is filled with stuffed animals) i look at them and once out of nowhere...one of my horses reared up and jumped\fell of my really tall dresser... the weirdest part is that it landed on its feet...straight up. i was\am freaked out, this happened only a little while ago.

• 2 weeks later...

WWWWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT??????????

• Like 3