Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

In pictures: Arizona's jumping spiders

Still Waters

I think they are so cute! I know, I know...some people loathe spiders, but I kinda like the little guys.

Cute but still creepy Dx

I think they are so cute! I know, I know...some people loathe spiders, but I kinda like the little guys.

Yeah jumping spiders do look cute. lol

Jesus Christ. As someone with arachnophobia that first picture scared the hell out of me and I'm not looking at the rest.

Creepy. What's with the 4 eyes? Maybe all spiders have them, I don't know.

And sorry, but any spider that even comes near me get's kicked into next week.

Edited by pallidin

Creepy. What's with the 4 eyes? Maybe all spiders have them, I don't know.

And sorry, but any spider that even comes near me get's kicked into next week.

They al have 8 eyes and 8 legs. That spider would have 4 little eyes, probably under the big ones.

There's just something unnerving about spiders. It is weird though when the world's most intelligent species is, in general, scared of something so little and not so intelligent. Anthropologists are now saying that the shape of the spider makes humans, in general, scared of them. There's something something about how the spider looks which puts the creeps into humans.

Arachnophobia is the most common phobia in Britain. More people in Britain are scared of spiders than are scared of flying (number 3 phobia).

There are a lot more spiders in Britain than there are humans in the whole world.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun